Hardest of Hearts

Skeletons in the Closet

The Ortega house was like walking on egg shells Richard and Olivia have been trying to not say anything that would spark anger in the both of them. Isabella had called for a family meeting making Richard and Olivia have to be in the same room with each other causing friction automatically. Olivia sat down on the couch in pain she mentally cursed herself for thinking sliding on the street would be a great idea.

“Allison’s family is seriously just her and her father.” Isabella said looking over at her family with a serious look on her face. “They are no threat.”

“How do you know?” Her father questioned her with an intense glare making Olivia glare right at him.

“Because Allison told me her mother died last year and that everything changed after that. Also drama between her and scott who is the omega by the way.” She told her father before looking at Santi. “She’s no threat.”

“Good.” Olivia said getting up from the couch. “I’d rather not have blood on my hands this time. The less the fighting the better.” She said walking over to the kitchen trying to get back to normal wasn’t really all that fun anymore. Olivia has been completely hurt getting in between a battle of Alphas and it was ridiculous to say so at least but at least Derek listened to her which made her heart clinch in passion. She was so used to the wolves never listening to a human especially her that when Derek listened to her she felt something more than lust to him she didn’t know the feeling exactly but it was more than hormones.

“Olivia.” She heard her father’s voice from being her causing her to narrow her eyes. “Olivia listen, I didn’t-“

“You did.” She turned to look at him. “I know you’ll think you’ll stop but you won’t so once you get out of your funk; you can come and talk to all of us as a family and not some weak pack you need to start acting like a father and not this alpha wolf.”

He stared at her as she looked back at him she shook her head annoyed at her father. She saw her brother and sister looking over at them but she chose to ignore them as she limped passed her father trying to make him feel bad but sadly she didn’t even see a side glance to her. She wanted to scoff but she held it back making her way towards her room.
Having torn up legs hindered anything Olivia process of the day; she couldn’t clean the house, or stand on them for too long neither could see wear shorts to the club. Olivia was going to work that night just to get away from the anger that was swirling around her house of course as soon as she came downstairs the fighting just happened again, no one wanted Olivia to go to work and she was going to. It was an ongoing boxing match that didn’t have a closing.

Olivia kept her eyes on the floor to watch her feet going down the stairs; she kept her hand on the banister. Olivia felt like an infant seeing how she couldn’t walk down the stairs by herself now, she felt someone watching her but it didn’t feel threating but she still didn’t like it.

“You’re still going to work?” She looked up to see Derek eyes narrowed his eyes at her as she narrowed her eyes back to him.

“Yeah, I have to make money.” He kept staring at her as Olivia starred back at him, she wasn’t going to look down from him which was a pride thing but her pride faltered when she tripped over her feet. Derek was by her side in seconds grabbing under her arms and picking her up before she hit the floor, he pulled her to kept eye contact.

“I don’t think it’s smart to go into work when you’re injury.” He said in a hard voice causing her to roll her eyes at him.

“I didn’t know you were my father.” Her voice was to come out like vinegar but came out really sugary. “I gotta get going.” She said quickly trying to keep away from him but he was taller than her so her feet were still in the air. He growled deeply before letting her go and steadying her putting her feet to the ground.

“You…you mind me taking you in?” He asked making her look over at him with a confused look on her face.

“Why?” She asked titling her head to the side, Derek was a mysterious person to her she could tell he was hurt soul but she didn’t know why, she could see his pain in his eyes, and yet here he was being sweet, nervous and it left her with wonderment.

“Do I need a reason?” He growled making her roll her eyes at him before walking over to him and grabbing his arm.

“Okay you can drive me Derek if it makes you feel better.” She smiled at him as he rolled his eyes at her causing her to giggle.

She liked Derek more than she would admit but she only wondered how much does he like her. What if he just physically likes her because that’s all she gave him but she couldn’t help herself either. He looked fine and she wanted him and that was it.

“Don’t you have any family to worry over?” She asked getting in the car as he looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. He quickly got into the car as she started thinking over her question and wondered if she was being an insensitive asshole.

“I only have peter.” He said as she furrowed her eyebrows over to him while nawing on her lips.

“And you don’t like him? Not that I blame you he seems like an asshole.” She said rolling her eyes as he chuckled.

“Asshole is an understatement; you won’t like him at all.” He said she looked at him. “Trust me you won’t.”

“Hm. So that’s your only family member?” She asked as he nodded his head. “What happened to the rest?”

He didn’t answer as his hands tighten over the steering wheel making his knuckles white; she stared over at him with a sad look. She didn’t like the idea of Derek not having a family while she had a huge one.

“Don’t you have a pack? Isn’t that your family now?” She asked as he sighed over to her. “So you’re telling me your pack that is your family now you don’t have a great connection with them?”

“No. They’re a bunch of teenagers.” He said causing her to laugh and rolled her eyes at him thinking of her own brother.

“You need to lead your pack better, they will help you when you-“

“Don’t you think I know that?” He shouted at her giving her a murderous look on his face causing her jaw to drop with a head shake.

“Don’t you shout at me like if I’m one of yours!” She shouted at him back. “Apparently you fucking don’t if you can’t take care of them.” She growled at him he wanted to stare at her but he had to keep his eyes on driving.

“I’m trying my best.” His voice was soft but Olivia was still mad at him as she kept her arms across her chest and stared out the window.

“Not hard enough.”

They didn’t speak the rest of the ride making the ride even longer; Olivia wanted to get out of the car faster than she did before-hand. She didn’t like the fact that they always seem to fight over something stupid or get loud over things it was like the both of them were hindering a relationship that could blossom. Olivia was trying to think of a way to say sorry without trying to say sorry out right to him because she didn’t want to admit to being wrong. The car stopped in front of the club before she could get a word out causing her to sigh. She unbuckled her seat belt then looked up to Derek his eyes were still up front making her feel bad. She moved closer to him to do what she knew best, her hand gently grabbed his chin turning his face over to her she saw his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She sent him a small smile as she moved her face closer to his and let her lips capture his. He was still confused but he cradled the side of her head making her smile while kissing.

“I’m sorry.” She said pulling away for him before giving him another kiss. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

He stared at her still confused but he sent her a small smile as she bit her lower lip he moved quickly giving her another kiss, she felt happy that he was kissing her back but would like a sorry back from him. His hands brought her closer to him as her hair stood up but sadly it wasn’t from Derek. She felt someone staring at them and it didn’t make her feel good.

“Alright.” She put her hand on his chest. “I have to go.” His eyes looked over her as she opened the door of the car but he grabbed her wrist pulling her in.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you.” He said quickly watching a smile grace her face making her more beautiful than what she is.

“Thank you for that.” She said while getting out of the car but quickly put her head in the car again causing his eyebrows to furrow. “Uh…I need to be picked up around 3 am.” She said softly as he nodded his head at her. “Thanks again.”

The club wasn’t as packed but seeing how it was a Tuesday it was to be expected, Olivia was still running around to give out drinks and her legs were crying out in pain. While she was cleaning up the bar she noticed some girl was staring at her from across the bar which she was used to she did work in a bar for gay people but she still didn’t like this girl staring at her.

“Hey.” Olivia heard the voice smooth and silky, she looked up to see the girl and she was beautiful with long full dark hair and a full body.

“Hello, can I get you anything? It’s about to be a last call.” Olivia said to her making the girl lick her lips.

“You can give me more than something but yes, I’d like some red wine.” She said causing Olivia to raise an eyebrow at her.

“You do know you’re at a club right?” She asked with a look of disbelief at this girl as the girl smiled over at her.

“Yes, and I’d like wine. You do have wine right?”

“I could check in the back. Hold on.” Olivia said with her eyebrows still furrowed before calling Tommy the other bar tender who happened to be dancing on the bar. He laughed as he told her that she was looking for wine causing the girl at the bar to give them a tight smile. Olivia gave the girl an apologetic smile before trying to run towards the back. Olivia sighed pushing through the bottles and laughed to herself.

“Who the hell wants wine?” She asked moving the bottles around and found an older bottle of wine before shaking her head. “This is going to be too much and probably the owners therefore no.”

Olivia quickly found her way back to the bar and the girl was waiting for her causing her to sigh, Olivia hated when drunks try to be an asshole to her when it wasn’t her fault the booze was gone. The girl was looking at Olivia with a smile.

“I see you don’t have any wine then.” Olivia shook her head with a soft smile. “It’s okay.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I just-“

“Hey chica the bar is close, sorry you can’t hit on Olivia.” Tommy said behind Olivia causing her to blush like crazy. “See yah!” Tommy waved at the girl causing the girl to narrow her eyes at him as Tommy pursed his lips.

“She was about to kill you.” Olivia said as Tommy rolled his eyes before looking over at the younger girl.

“Oh well, I am sure your man wouldn’t like some little hot lesbian trying to take your golden card.” He said causing her to laugh but wonder who he was talking about. “Don’t give me that look, I saw that handsome guy. I didn’t know you had a boyfriend Olivia, does he have any hot friends.” Olivia eyebrow perked at him. “Black thick hair, had a beard.”

“Oh….Derek? “ She laughed shaking her head. “He isn’t my boyfriend he’s just…there.” She shrugged her shoulders biting her lower lip as Tommy let out a little noise.

“I saw you giving him googly eyes, he just isn’t there honey. He is more than there.” He said “Trust I know when it’s just a hook up and something more.” He said wiping down the bar.

“Well. I don’t think he wants more with me.” He laughed shaking his head at her. “Why are you shaking your head.”

“I saw those googly eyes on him too.” She rolled her eyes as she cleaned around the bar as her thoughts went to Derek.

~~*~~
It got colder in the middle of the night as she waited for Derek to come and pick her. She couldn’t believe he was going to be late as she rubbed her hands on her arms trying to keep them warm. The feeling of someone watching came again as her hair on her arms was up causing her to worry. She walked more into the parking lot and noticed Derek’s Camaro was there but there was no sight of Derek.

“Derek?” She called as she walked back towards the bar. “Derek?” she called again titling her to the side.

The loud growl echoed into the sky causing Olivia heart to skip and instantly she started running to the growl. She knew it had to be Derek or she hoped it was because then she’d be running to her death, she heard him growl again causing her to run faster ignoring the pain in her legs.

“Derek!” She screamed out trying to find the noise and he did it again, she ran to the back of the building and that’s what she saw Derek was on the floor and the woman that was hitting on Olivia was over him. “What the fuck.” She whispered and the girl whipped her neck to show off the gleaming red eyes and the low sharp teeth and Olivia froze in her spot as she saw the blood dripping from her mouth.

“How…how did you find me?” She asked causing the girl to laugh speeding over to Olivia but Olivia acted before she was attacked grabbing a broken chair legs out of the trash and quickly spiked her in the chest when she was close to Olivia, the girl stared down at Olivia letting out a chuckle.
“Once a killer always a killer.” She said as Olivia snarled her lip staking into her heart more twisting it causing the girl to hiss out in pain pulling away from Olivia and dropping to the floor. “You knew you couldn’t hide Olivia.”

“Shut up!” She hissed at the girl as she ran over to Derek with tears in her eyes. “Please live, please live.” She said wrapping her hands on his neck to stop the bleeding, he looked over to her with his red eyes but they didn’t seem scary they just looked filled with pain. “Derek I need you to live.”

“Take me to the vet.” He said making her furrow her eyebrows as she got up picking him up from the floor with Derek help. “What the hell is that?” He asked as Olivia looked over to the dying girl before looking back at Derek.

“Trust me you don’t wanna know.”

~~*~~

Olivia hand was still on Derek’s neck while she drove to the vet which she thought would be close now but she didn’t know a lot about Beacon hills. Derek was breathing heavy as Olivia kept her eyes on the road but her heart beating rapidly was causing him to be even more in pain.

“Olivia calm down.” He said as the tears were rolling down her face. “Olivia, you need to relax.”

“I’m so sorry Derek! I’m so sorry” She repeated over to him as he looked over at her. “I didn’t mean for this to come here, this shouldn’t have happened; I-“

“What are you talking about?” He asked her as she made a sharp turn into the parking lot causing Derek to groan out in pain. “Olivia.” He said grabbing her hand as she was about to leave the car pulling her closer to him.

“There is no time for me to explain now Derek come on.”

“We need Scott now.”

“Okay Derek just go lay over there.” She said as Derek weakly walked towards the back as she bit down on her lower lip. She quickly text Santi for Scott’s number and when he asked why she told him that a secret from their passed came out and Derek was hurt from it. Olivia walked back to see Derek was falling asleep.

“Hey hey.” She said softly grabbing the sides of his face. “Don’t fall asleep on me.” Derek opened his eyes which was pale in comparison to when he was healthy. “Please Derek stay with me.”

“I’m still here, Olivia.” He said weakly as she furrowed her eyebrows at him. “Are you going to tell me what the hell that was?” He asked as she sighed looking at his wounds and it wasn’t healing which was making her worry.

“Not yet.” She said softly as she looked over at his wound with worry. “I can’t believe this is happening.” She put her hand on his neck to stop the bleeding. “Don’t fall asleep.” She said sternly as he let out a low chuckle.

“You sure you’re not a wolf?” He asked as she looked up to him with a smile. “You could have been a great one.”

“I keep hearing that but I can still kick your ass as a human.” He laughed again but it stopped short so he can wheeze out in pain.

The door flung open making Olivia neck snap over to see her brother in front of the pack which had Scott, Stiles, Isabella and a cute blonde kid. She furrowed her eyebrows over to him before looking over at Isabella and she seems to be right in the middle of Stiles and the blonde kid. She smirked over at her perking her eyebrows before looking over to her brother.

“What the hell happened?” Stiles as Olivia shrugged her shoulders as she looked over to her brother.

“We need help and now. His wound isn’t healing.” Her brother nodded his head before looking over at Scott.

“I think it’d be wise to bring your vet in now.” Scott nodded his head quickly pulling out his phone causing Olivia to sigh before looking back at Derek.

“It’s okay the peanut gang is here.” She said looking down at him as he furrowed his eyebrows at her. “I got Scott.”

“Thanks.” He said weakly before passing out as Olivia’s eyes widen and she instantly went to work into bringing him back.

“His heart it’s stopped!” the blonde said as Olivia knew that was going to happen and she ripped open his shirt and quickly did CPR.

“What the hell is happening Santi?” Stiles asked the boy as he watched his sister do what she did to their mother and he prayed Derek wasn’t gone for good.

They watched Olivia do CPR for five minutes until Derek gasped out loud causing Olivia to smile over at him before putting her hand back on his neck. His eyes opened looking over at Olivia with a small smile as she smiled back at him.

“Fantastic.” Stiles said as Olivia heard behind her. “Derek finds love before me and he’s a jerk.”

~~*~

The Vet who she found out name was Alan Deaton looked over at Olivia she he saw her looked like a mess, he was done helping Derek but he knew Derek’s friend knew more than she was ready to spill. Santi was talking over to Scott and a kid called Isaac.

“Hey why don’t you find Isaac hot?” Olivia said in a low voice over to Isabella causing Isabella to roll her eyes at sister.

“Because Stiles is adorable.” She said softly looking over at Stiles making Olivia roll her eyes. “Also I don’t want to be with werewolves for the rest of my life.” Olivia furrowed her eyebrows before looking over at Stiles and shrugged her shoulders.

“But he is still within the world now.” She said softly leaning on her sister looking over to see the vet staring at the sisters. “We need to get going.”

“Aren’t you going to take Derek?” Scott asked looking over at Olivia before looking back at Derek causing her to sigh.

“My father would probably kill him when he had the chance.”

“Not with me around.” Isaac said causing her to raise an eyebrow as she looked over at Stiles and Scott before sighing.

“Fine hurry up and get him into his car. Tonight’s been a long night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm....I'm not too sure I enjoy this chapter too much.