Status: Share if you enjoy :)

Disaster's Aid

Cheat

"So you found someone else now?"

I turn around to see Mo staring at me. Handsome as ever. He is staring at the black jacket I am holding. The storm I left with makes my heart start to shiver as it begins to blow inside me.

"Mo. I-"

"Just save it, I thought you would change after what happened two months ago. But seriously, you just find another poor guy to mess with. Does he want to marry you too Sara?" Mo says gesturing towards the jacket in my hand.

"Mo, I'm so sorry. I-"

"Just don't mess his life up too. And I'm not the one who needs your sorries." Mo says, his eyes turning red as he looks past me at the tallest roller coaster in the world.

Who else needs my apologies? Shahid. Quiet and sweet Shahid. In what state did I leave him, in what way did he take my betrayal, in what ways did I ruin the lives of those I left behind? Does everyone know about me now?

"How's Shahid?" I breathe, stepping back into the cold metal barrier surrounding the ride.

"How do you think he is? Sara you need to settle down and stop playing with guys. I don't know how you get some sick pleasure from messing with so many of us."

"I'm not playing games Mo!" I say.

He's accusing me of so much. All I wanted was to marry someone of my choice to avoid leaving to Pakistan. So that I could find true love. I didn't want them to hate me.

"Then what are you doing?" Mo stares at me, his dark grey eyes burning into mine. The storm unsettles me. The emptiness of this side of the park making his voice sound too loud. He seems young and rattled. Like a tantrum is waiting to unfold.

"I was trying to fall in love to get married."

"Oh really? You know what hurts the most Sara? That you were seeing us both at the same time." Mo stands beside me and looks on at the roller coaster. The sun against the metal burns into my back and I stare at him as he scrunches his forehead. He leans his crossed arms on the metal.

His side swept hair is shorter now, but he's wearing his regular t-shirt and jeans. He doesn't seem to have changed much except for the red eyes and even that is the same from the last time I saw him.

"I know you won't understand because I was being stupid." Mo snaps his eyes to mine in surprise.

"Really stupid."

"Yes, and I was trying to get a proposal quickly so I wouldn't have to get married to someone else."

"What are you talking about Sara?"

"It doesn't matter anymore Mo. I feel really stupid for what I did to you and I'm so so so sorry." Mo grabs my shoulder and stares into my eyes. I try to shrug him off.

Mo takes a deep breath.

"Tell me. No more lies."

"I was arranged to get married and I wanted to get married in Canada so I wouldn't have to leave! Now let go! Stop pretending you didn't have girlfriends before you met me." I say.

He glares at me and sways away from my batting arms, and drops his hand.

"You should have said something, you know? It hurts that you never trusted me."

"I told you, I'm sorry. I'm trying to change now."

"Sure Sara, good for you. As long as you change the world's all fine and dandy."

Well isn't it? I mean, everyone's okay now. The story is over.

Although from his eyes I feel that there's a chill, a blizzard forming. And then as I watch the clouds swirl around and the first snow flakes begin to fall it all clears. His anger fades.

"You know what Sara, just do what you want. I just want you to know that I thought we could be happy."

I feel tears at the brim of my eyes. Is he forgiving me?

Mo kicks the metal with his basketball shoe and watches it shake.

"So, do you forgive me?"

He glances at me.

"You know, I can't stay mad at you." He sighs.

"Thanks Mo. I was worried you would hate me forever."

"Whatever Sara, you deserve to be a little sad though, but it's okay." Mo cracks a grin and I see a flash of the easy going Mo that he always was. "So, where's the new guy?"

"He's on the roller coaster." I say looking up.

"You like him?"

"Yeah." Mo glances at me as he leans on the metal. I feel my face heating up as I hold the jacket tight in my fists.

"How much do you like him?"

I look towards the spinning roller coaster at it spirals through the air.

"I married him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Like the changes? Yay or nay?