Status: Hope you enjoy it!!!

The Hunt

Cold with fear

I began to breathe heavily and uncontrollably. My hands were shaking and I felt cold with fear. I couldn’t bring up a child. I was an awful wife; I would be an even worse mum. Why did this have to happen today, of all days? I was going to get back in the game, show Gotham what it was missing. The Kryptonian crystals from that night’s showdown were going to be the first in my new collection.

And when the child is born, I would feel compassion towards it, and then I would never want to go back to Catwoman again. I shuddered at the thought. Bruce was a good person; his intentions were always focused on other people. I on the other hand, was selfish. I couldn’t have this baby. I wasn’t ready.

I threw the test down the toilet and shut the lid tight. I made sure the bathroom door was locked and I climbed out the window. I jumped on my motorbike and road into town. I threw my hood over my head and walked into the pharmacy. I could never let Bruce know I was pregnant. I grabbed the same type of test and casually slipped it into my bag. I carried on browsing for a few seconds and then picked up the cheapest item I could find and paid for it at the counter. Having a home meant a lot to Bruce, I couldn’t risk getting caught for anything here. Though, I never did get caught.

I hopped back on the bike and sped home, making sure I parked it exactly where it had been before. I climbed back into the bathroom and unpackaged the test. I dipped it into some water,
Result: Negative

I smiled, but I couldn’t let my true emotions show. I feigned a melancholy face and pushed the bathroom door open. Bruce was sat in the living room in front of the TV and he turned sharply when he heard me enter the room.
“So?” he said eagerly. He was smiling, beaming; I hadn’t seen him this happy since our wedding day. That was over a year ago. This was a side of him I had never seen, not serious or tormented, it was as though he had forgotten all of the torture he had been through and he had forgotten Batman.

“We’re having a baby,” I said and rushed into his arms, shoving the fake test into my pocket. And I had never seen him so happy. But I was not. I wasn’t sure if I could ever be myself again, if I could ever be Catwoman again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you are enjoying it so far, sorry I have been so slow in updating, I have written a big chunk if the story and I'm going to post it bit by bit. Thank you for the comments and recommendations, they have really helped me! And to my unknown subscribers, love you too!

Please comment x