Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Frenemy

Mia stood in front of Salvatore Mansion and knocked at the door. Her heart danced and her body hummed with anticipation of seeing Damon. She knew Stefan and Elena would be at school along with others leaving only Damon at home. She knocked again but nobody answered it. She decided to give him a call when the voice behind her, addressed her.

“Seeing you, standing there so early in the morning, I presume you know them.” “Umm…yes,” she said, unsure of her answer, “I am friends with them.” “Oh. Me too,” the man said in a voice that was soft and sadistic at the same time.

He had a delicate yet, masculine face with curled light brown hair and light blue eyes which was not a striking color as Damon but contrasted with his pearl white skin. He was well built and casually dressed but he seemed volatile and dangerous and scared her like no one else.

“I don’t think they mentioned you,” she said trying to act and sound brave. “Of course,” he smirked, “so I am having a notion that you know of their little secret.” Mia’s body tensed as she stared at him. “So, I am right,” he said in a matter of fact kind of way as he roamed his eyes in the surrounding before resting them back on Mia.

Mia’s heart accelerated as adrenaline pumped through her veins. She opened her mouth to say something but he clenched her throat and pinned her to the wall, lifting her off her feet. Mia’s eyes widened as she tried to pry his hands away from her throat. She moved her legs frantically to make him release her but to no avail.

“Tell me, girl. Where is Rebekah?’ “I don’t know,” she croaked and struggled beneath his iron grip, trying to breathe but he was stronger. “Well then. You can relay the message to the Salvatore brothers that they should tell me where my sister is or there will be consequences, one they are very much aware of,” he hissed at her, his grip tightened ever so slightly and Mia’s necklace started to glow, attracting the sadistic monster.

He quickly released her and took steps in retreat as if her nearness would combust him. Staring at the necklace, fear was evident in his eyes.
Mia coughed and gasped for breath with her hands on her throat. “Why are you here?” he asked tightly. “I am not obligated to answer you,” she spoke. Seeing the fear in his eyes, it gave her confidence and strength. “You don’t know yet. Do you?” he stated, relaxing a little. Mia took a step forward, “What do you know about this?” she pointed at her necklace.

He shook his head and smiled. “Ah,” he exclaimed, “Not like that pretty one. I want to help you, believe me.” Mia raised her eye brows at him. “I know, I know. I apologize for the act I displayed. But now, seeing that thing,” he pointed to necklace resting on her neck, “Believe me. I want to help. Of course, you know…it comes with a price” he smirked.

“What do you want it to be?” Mia asked, feeling proud that she was able to negotiate with him. “You will consider me your ally and will never go against me.” Anger blazed in Mia’s eyes and she crossed her arms, “Are you asking me to submit to you? Because that’s not going to happen.” “That is an intriguing suggestion but no,” he smiled and looked at her, “No, I’m asking for a mere alliance.” He looked at her intently as she thought about the offer.

It was clear he scared of her and it was because he knew something she didn’t. So, she thought it was worth the risk. “Ok,” she clipped her answer. “Good. This is not the place to tell stories,” he gestured at the surroundings, “so, why don’t you visit my house where we can continue our little chat?” he offered.

“I don’t even know you that well,” she narrowed her eyes at him, “In fact, I don’t know you at all.” “Forgive my manners, my lady,” he bowed and took her hand in his, sending shocks to her body but they didn’t felt nice at all. “My name is Nicklaus but you can call me Klaus, for short.” Mia withdrew her hand from his as if it burnt her and took a few steps back.

Klaus regarded her with his eyes brows raised, “Ah! You do know me. Just needed a little reminding,” he smirked. “You’re Klaus,” she said, trying to make herself believe and calm down. “Hmm…nothing to be afraid of dear. Our agreement, remember. We’re not going to hurt each other. Plus, I can’t kill you anyway,” he shrugged casually.

“What do you mean?” she asked curiously, reminded of her dream where the silhouette told her he can’t kill her. Though everyone kept saying it, yet she did die. “That was my offer,” he smiled, taking pleasure in her feared state, “Accompany me to my house and my knowledge is yours.” He completed.

“What is your name?” he asked. “Mia Pierce,” she replied and he laughed loudly. “Pierce, huh? You’re complicated. If I may say so,” he cleared his throat, “Mia, it’s definitely Markowitz and not Pierce. I mean how can you even relate to that woman?”

“I don’t understand,” she shook her head, her eyes searching his for answers. “Well, we better get going then, if you need answers.” He offered again and this time, she nodded.
Don't be a silent reader. Do comment and favorite. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader. Do subscribe and comment. :)