Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Making Friends

(1 Week later)

Mia finally decided to hit the Mystic grill. It has been a week now that she had been at this unknown place of Mystic Falls. She had enclosed herself in a room for this long, thinking hard and trying to remember what the hell happened to her but no, not even a single memory except her name and another name which made her heart strangely warm, “Enrique” had come to her mind. She tried to put a face to it but to no avail.

She was thankful though, to Mrs. Matthews who was the one who found her a week ago near the forest on the roadside with the most confused expression, probably because the girl sitting in front of her at that moment and that time of night was practically covered in dirt with smudges on her wheatish skin, her plain brown hair disheveled but the main sight was the shirt she was wearing A plain T-Shirt with Dried Brown Blood and it seemed at it was ripped as after a fight.

Kind hearted as she was she went forward to the girl, only to see that she was crying. She asked for her name but all the girl could do was stare at her face and sob. Claire didn't know what to do or how to help her but she looked too innocent, too troubled and to confused to be left alone. She gently held her by shoulders and attempted to make her stand. She had took her home in hopes that she will talk but she didn't. The next morning however, Claire found out that her name was Mia and also she couldn't remember anything except it. The girl was without her memories.

Mia had gotten over the fact that her memories were not coming back though she still felt incomplete. After continued persistence from Claire to go out and make new friends, here she was, standing in front of Mystic grill; the social area where according to Claire she could meet some great people but she stood there only in the hope to meet someone from whom she could possibly learn a little about herself or maybe someone she’ll meet someone who would recognize her from faraway and tell her that she was their lost friend and that they had missed her. Maybe then the holes inside her would fill up and she could feel whole again.

She took a deep breath and made her way straight to the counter. Seating herself on the bar stool, she looked over to the bar tender who was serving someone situated at the other end. He had honey blonde hair with a disheveled look to them with an athletic build. Just then, he turned towards her, holding her chocolate brown eyes with his pale blue ones. He had an easy smile and a confident stride as he made his way to her. “Hey.” He greeted her with a charming smile, “Haven’t seen you here before. What can I get you?”

Mia’s face fell, she so wanted to know who she was and Bam! The bar tender who mostly knew most of the people around didn't recognize her. Just perfect! She wanted to bolt out of door and lock herself again in the room again but she managed a small smile before answering him. “Yeah. I just got here…I guess. Probably the reason you haven’t seen me around.” She sighed and tried to smile more genuinely, “I’d like a soda. Thank you.” “A soda, it is. So, where are you staying at?”

Was it really necessary to make a small talk? “With Claire,” she continued when he raised his eyebrows at her for more information regarding this Claire as if he wanted a boarding place for himself. “Claire Matthews and her son Jacob. Uh, they live a little out of town actually but she had some business to take care of so…she kinda dropped me here to uh, kill my time.” She hoped now it was enough and he would leave her alone because…her thoughts were cut off when he exclaimed, “Oh Jakey’s mom. Yeah, she works at a nursery here. And Jake is a real nice kid, huh?” he handed her the glass and continued his speech, “Though he’s never been the same after his dad’s death but he’s a brave little man and strong. So is Claire, she manages to smile and be there for Jake all the time.”

Mia’s heart sank feeling the pain of the two people who she regarded with love and respect as they were the only ones she knew and they had both helped her in more than one way since she had woken up memory less. Though she didn't know any of them much but she had taken an immediate liking to both who saved her.

“What happened?” she asked him as he seemed free and had no one else to tend to.”Umm..Animal attack” he hesitated, “There’s been...” “An animal attack? Seriously! What kind of animal?” she asked with wide eyes trying to picture a grizzly attacking a man. “Yeah, an animal. The police have been looking into the matter but then, they didn't found anything or lead so they kinda dropped it.” “Oh. How long...” “A year ago. Almost.” “Had there been any other attack after that?” she asked surprised by the story. “Yeah, no. Nothing happened again. So, don’t worry. It’s all cool now.” He smiled that charming smile again, “You’re safe but don’t go wandering around the forest alone now, ok?”

Mia smiled and twirled the glass in her hands thinking how really grateful she was to Claire who found her and helped her. Who knows, she would have made a news of another animal attack as she too was all alone in the middle of nowhere. “Hey Tyler buddy! How are you doing, man?” the bar tender exclaimed as he went to greet Tyler properly. Mia sat there, her eyes fixed on the glass, glad that he went away because she didn't had it in herself to listen more about this creepy town.

She finished her drink and put the money beside her glass as she got up to leave when someone bumped into her and she felt the liquid seeping into her shirt. “Oh! I’m so sorry. I wasn't looking and Oh! Look I just ruined your shirt.” Mia looked up from her clothes to the see a heart-shaped face with brown skin and olive green eyes looking at her with apology. “It’s ok. Just a shirt, no problem.” She said sincerely. “Hey Bonnie. You just took away my customer, you know?” Bonnie smiled at him. “Yeah, I know, Matt. Don’t worry. I’ll buy extra drinks from now on.” She winked at him, “to um...compensate and all.”

Bonnie then averted her eyes to Mia, “I am sorry. Come on, I’ll buy you a new shirt.” Bonnie suggested at the same time Matt offered some tissues to Mia to clean up her shirt which she accepted her gratefully with a smile. “No. No. It’s ok. I was heading home anyway. I’ll get changed. It’s fine, really.” Mia assured her, cleaning herself with a tissue. “You’re obviously new here and I really don’t wanna leave that kind of impression. So, I insist.” Bonnie replied while Matt kept nodding his head. “Yeah and that way you can meet her friends which are all very cool and you’ll make one for yourself.” Matt added in. Mia looked at them both with a smile. As much uncomfortable as she was, she couldn't stop but enjoy Bonnie’s theory to leave a good impression. “Look at you, Matt. Calling yourself cool.” Bonnie teased. Matt blushed which Mia found really adorable as he ignored Bonnie’s remark and turned to Mia, handing her the money back, she looked at him with surprise.

“It was your first time here and seeing that Bonnie ruined your shirt. I think you should keep it,” he explained. Mia raised her eyebrow and looked amused, “Is this your new strategy to make and keep customers?” Matt looked at Bonnie who was laughing now, he turned towards Mia who was apparently enjoying herself, “Hmm…well you could say that but it’s not much now, given you know the reason behind the act.” Mia shook her head as she patted at his shoulder, “No worries. I’ll keep it safe from your other customers. Thank you.” She said and made her way outside leaving them both laughing. “Hey,” Matt called after her, “I didn't catch the name of my secret holder.”

Mia turned back to face him and regarded him with a smile. “It’s Mia. Mia Pierce,” and with that she left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment to let me know if it's ok.
Like I said, I'm new at this. So, feedback would be great.
Thanks for reading!