Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Confusion

Bonnie’s amused expression vanished and was suddenly replaced with a cold one as she eyed Matt who was completely oblivious to the situation at hand. He became serious once he looked at Bonnie though. “What happened, Bon? What is it?” he asked concerned. She looked at him dumbfounded, “Didn't you just heard her, Matt? She said Pierce. It’s her last name,” she explained as he still didn't get it. “Her last name, Matt.”

Matt blinked as realization dawned upon him, he shook his head not wanting to believe that the sweet, charming and innocent young lady he had met just a few minutes ago was related to a vicious, sadistic and evil woman who ruined their lives and made it miserable. “Pierce as in Katherine Pierce? No way dude. She didn't look that way.” Bonnie stared at him, Yeah, but she came at a time like this and didn't tell us anything except her name and that too…at a very last minute,” she shook her head, “But that’s not it, Matt. It’s what I felt when I touched her arm to steady her. She felt…”

Matt waited as she contemplated and searched for the right word, “She just felt different, you know. It was like…um…like darkness and light but a little…” Matt shook his head and regarded Bonnie with seriousness, “Bonnie? I don’t follow you. What are you saying?” Bonnie took a deep breath and pulled out her cell phone. “I need to call Elena and tell her or should I wait, you know just to have more information regarding it before dumping this problem on her?” Bonnie asked Matt but it looked like she was asking the question to herself and had already answered it, “Nah, I think I’m gonna find it myself. I’ll let Elena and Stefan know later. I don’t want them to worry, especially after they lost the cure and all.”

Matt stopped her again and took her to the seat. Sitting beside her, he gently took her hand in his and asked Bonnie to explain herself and what she felt.

Bonnie focused on that question and took a deep breath. She raised her eyes to meet Matt’s, “You see, when I touch vampires, I see darkness and death surrounding them. It’s like their aura sort of thing, right?” Matt nodded for her to continue, “When I touched her…I saw light, a brilliant blinding white light but it was surrounded with blackness. A kind of darkness which was dimming the light as if it was eating it away.” Bonnie let out a sigh and looked at Matt questioningly, “Do you get it or something?” Matt nodded and then gave a casual shrug as if to brush it off, “Well, at least, she’s not a vampire or a witch or a hybrid or…”Yes. That’s the problem, Matt. She’s not any of them and this is what raises the question. If not that or a human because I’ve never gotten that vibe from a human before, then…what is she?”

Bonnie raised her brows at Matt. “Well then, let’s find out. I mean it’s not like she’s dangerous or something, or else…you know, she wouldn't have told us that she was a Pierce, right?” Bonnie nodded, her eyes gleaming, “Hmm…well I suppose. I guess I know what to do,” she said with a mischievous smile playing on her lips. Matt tilted his head to a side and raised his eyebrow. “I’m gonna leave a good impression,” she chuckled, “I’m gonna gift her a shirt.” “Fake friendship, huh?” Bonnie stuck out her tongue as she made her way outside the Grills with a plan in head.

Meanwhile, Mia was greeted at home by Jake as Claire opened the door. He ran to his mother and hugged her tight. Mia couldn't stop but smile at the love they both shared. “Hey Mia. How are you, today?” Jacob asked with a sweet smile. Mia ruffled his hair as she strode past him, “I am great, Jakey. How are you, huh? Did you miss me?” she asked just as sweetly.

Claire stood at the door enjoying their interaction, smiling at both of them. “No, I didn't. Well, not until you would play at least one video game with me,” he explained and Mia faked a shocked expression as she put her hand on her chest as she jumped on the couch beside Jake, “I’m hurt, Jakey.” “You seem good, Mia,” Claire commented from the doorway hanging her keys. “Yeah. Did you make any friends like mommy told you to?”

Mia smiled at him and nodded, “Yep. I met Matt and Bonnie. They were pretty good.” “Oh. You met Matt?” Jake questioned. “Mm…Hmm.” That was all the reply Jake needed to as he started to tell her how Matt had helped him on several occasions and that he was the best in sports. Clearly, the eleven year old was impressed by Matt. “Good luck.” Claire said to Mia as she rounded the corner into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, if it's short. The next chapter will be better and will give you a more better idea of where this all is going. Thanks for reading.