Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Prophecy

Damon stood with Stefan and Elena at the door of a woman whom they all thought would be able to help them in their quest to defeat Silas. Damon was excited now by these events. Finally, he could concentrate on fights and plans to kill Silas instead of drowning himself in alcohol after he lost the cure.

Stefan and Elena being the all-goody people, of course, never wanted Silas to kill another twelve people and raise a whole army of dead supernatural. So, after a whole lot of research from Isobel’s finding, they found only one clue, Samantha Rivers. They knew nothing about her except that she might be the one to help them. Damon, however, was confident that she must be a witch with all that voodoo crap.

The door opened, revealing a man in his late twenties with white blonde hair and the most peculiar shade of red in his eyes, it was almost like a fire with golden swirling around it. He had a strong and lean built, a good height and…a scowl on a face. Great…just the kind of welcome they were hoping for. “Yes. What?” he asked in a curt tone. Hmm…that was polite, Damon thought as he stepped forward preferably to teach him some manners, sensing the human blood flowing through his veins, though it smelled different. It was a little too sweet and intoxicating, yet the over confident man was a human, of that Damon was sure. Stefan side stepped Damon to stop him from his snark commentary and more Damon-like behavior. “Hello. I am Stefan and this is my brother Damon and my girlfriend Elena,” he introduced them by pointing his finger at the mention of their names. “We are here to see Samantha Rivers.” “Why?” was his only clipped reply to the polite introduction Stefan bestowed him with. “Who’s at the door, Aaron?” a sweet voice came from inside, “Let Cam in. You know, I’m not angry with him anymore,” and then she appeared in the doorway. She wasn't at all what Damon had in his mind. In fact, she was a young woman with black ebony hair that reached her waist and complemented her creamy skin and a petite, cute face. She looked more Snow white than the evil witch queen which Damon had thought her to be. She smiled at them as Aaron stood by her in a protective stance. “Hello.” She looked from Aaron to the three guests standing at her door. “Hi. Are you Samantha Rivers?” Stefan asked politely. “Yes, that would be me…but you are?” she said confused. Stefan introduce themselves again and asked her to help them in the Silas situation.

She and Aaron both froze at the name. Samantha almost looked panicked as she quickly invited them inside with Aaron at her heels. “Silas? Is that what you said?” she asked Stefan as she motioned for them to sit and make themselves comfortable whereas, she looked far from it. Aaron strode towards her and took her by the waist and a wave of calmness spread through her at the touch. “How do you know about Silas?’ she asked and this time Elena spoke up, telling them the whole story of their cure finding mission and then losing it. “It was us who let him out…so, we want to be the one to stop him with the raising dead thing and we thought that you could help us.” Elena finished. Samantha tried to smile at her but Aaron still looked angry as hell.

“Well,” Samantha started, “I can’t help you really and I don’t think anyone else can either in that regard but yes, I can tell you about the one who will surely be able to help you.” She looked at Aaron beside her and it felt as they both had an entire conversation in their eyes. With a nod from Aaron, she continued, “You see, there’s a prophecy,” she smiled now. “Isn't there always one?” inquired Damon with his single eyebrow raised, “Have we stepped into Narnia, now?” he smirked. Samantha let out a small laugh, “Yes, I suppose, you’re right...not about the Narnia thing, but well it’s not a prophecy per se. Just a knowledge about a girl who will have the power enough to finish off the evil…though we’re not sure if that would be before or after, Silas raises the dead.” “Ok. How do we find her?” Damon asked as impatient as ever. “I’m afraid, I don’t know. These kind of answers were never known by anyone. Her looks or signs to guess who she was but she would be a good one, you know. A kind hearted and selfless type,” Samantha explained as Damon rolled his eyes and stood up, “Well, that’s not a problem, since we always bump into such people nowadays. Don't we?” he said through clenched teeth, glaring at Samantha and turned to the door, sick of the stupid prophecy already. Aaron strode towards Damon with his fists clenched tightly at his sides. Damon turned abruptly to face Aaron in his blurring the scene vampire speed and bared his fangs on Aaron, taking his throat in his tight, firm grasp. “Damon stop!” Elena shouted, jumping in between Aaron and Damon while Stefan took Damon by his shoulders. Samantha rushed to Aaron’s side and clutched his arm tightly, “It’s ok, Aaron. You shouldn't have done that.” Samantha said in a calm tone. Elena spun around to face Samantha, “You know?” she asked confused. “Yes,” Samantha explained, “We figured you’re all vampires. We can sense it but I didn't know you would actually vamp out in front of us.” Her eyes landed on Damon whose glare had soften a little but his eyes still had some coldness in them. Stefan apologized on Damon’s behalf upon which he earned an eye roll from Damon. Samantha, however, dismissed his apology by a wave of her hand. “It’s ok. I should have explained better. You all are obviously here for answers. Why don’t you take seat, please?” “Why don’t you just explain yourself, so we can leave.” Damon hissed, still seething with anger.

“Hmm…very well then,” Samantha started, “it was said that she would have a twin…I can’t say if a sister but a girl for sure who would look exactly like her but with a personality which could be considered, um…you know opposite sort.” “You mean a doppelgänger?” Stefan asked, his eyes flickered to Elena and came back to rest on Samantha. “Yes…no. I don’t know but her powers would only be unlocked when she finds the…um…you know the one.” “Of course,” Damon snorted, “Fairy tales, prophecies, true love, happy endings. Why didn't I thought of that before?” Samantha rolled her eyes, “And she would have to choose between two brothers.” Now, it was Damon who rolled his eyes, “Yeah! I forgot about the relationship complication. A story of greatness wouldn't be complete without it, now would it?” Aaron glared at Damon again and tried to finish up their meeting, “That’s it. You guys know her now. Have fun finding her,” he turned towards Stefan, “It was nice meeting you all.” He gave both Stefan and Elena a smile before glaring at Damon again who wore an impassive expression but smirked at him, “Right. I’m better like this anyway. Stefan’s the saint here,” he looked at Elena for a second before turning to leave. Elena sighed and Stefan took her hand and led her out. “Damon?” Samantha called out and he turned on the stairs, surprise written all over his face. “When you find her, come to me. I might be able to help her,” she said sincerely and closed the door as they made their way back to Mystic Falls. “Will they find her?” Aaron asked seriously. “I don’t know about them but if she’s what we think she is, then he will find her for sure or she will find him,” she smiled and squeezed his hand.