Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Dead Witches

Damon knew something was wrong when he entered the place as all eyes fell upon him at his entrance. He just wanted some moments of peace but nature was so bent against it. He cursed it and took a proper look in the living room.

Caroline with her red eyes was still crying and both Tyler and Bonnie held her from either sides. Elena sat between Stefan and Matt, holding hands with both of them. Of course, Damon rolled his eyes.

Damon raised his eye brows and exhaled an exasperated sigh, “Let me guess? Blondie killed someone,” he said annoyed and everyone in the room glared at him but he shrugged casually, unaffected by their anger.

“Oh, come on. She’s a vampire. It’s natural for her,” he pointed towards Caroline who was staring at him wide eyed. “You know you can always turn it off, right?” he smirked and flashed his brows.

“It’s not funny,” Elena blared from the other side. “Yes, Elena. It’s not funny. It’s a simple fact but…it’s not serious either. We have huge problems here right now.” Like almost kissing Mia, he thought.

“I don’t know, how bigger they can get than this but then again, this town has constantly managed to surprise us,” Stefan said quietly and Damon tilted his head towards him and narrowed his eyes.

“Seriously, Stefan? Is that the ripper talking?” he taunted with a smirk and Elena glared at him but he ignored it by rolling his eyes as he made his way to his room. “She killed the witches.” Damon turned to look at Tyler with wide eyes. “Witches? As in plural?”

“Yeah. Twelve of them,” Tyler replied. “Third massacre,” Damon whispered and looked at Caroline with steely eyes. “I had to save Bonnie. I had to help her,” Caroline sobbed and Bonnie held her tighter. “It’s ok, Care. We’ll figure it out.” Bonnie eyes Damon with her eye brows raised.
“Silas?” he questioned her. Bonnie sighed, “I don’t remember anything about it but it has to be.”

“Damon, we have to find that girl,” Elena said, putting emphasis in her tone. “The girl with prophecy,” Matt questioned, confused and Stefan nodded. “I thought we established that the girl was you,” Matt eyes Elena, looking at her pointedly.

Caroline wiped away her tears with her fingers as she stood up, “Yes, Elena. You have to believe in yourself,” she said with determination. “There has to be a trigger,” Bonnie joined in the conversation. “Well, she have to accept it first and then, we can find the trigger,” Matt added.

“What’s with you guys? I told you, it’s not me. First, I’m a curse breaking doppelgänger and now this. It’s not me,” she announced in an enthusiastic voice and Damon smiled. “I think she’s right. It’s not Elena,” Damon said and Elena gave him a silent thank you to which he nodded.

“Oh, I think you’re both wrong. She’s the one with a look alike and she had to choose between the both of you,” Tyler interjected, making a triangle gesture with Stefan, Elena and Damon. “It’s what the prophecy said,” he shrugged.

Elena looked at Damon who absorbed the slash with a snort and turned towards his drinking station. Elena’s heart pinched at the gesture. She didn’t like to see him like that but with Mia there, she thought everything was getting better but maybe, Enrique’s arrival had done something she didn’t know of.

“Plus, she has a kind heart and is not a bitch,” Caroline said, looking at each of them. Elena silently shook her head as she went to Damon’s side. “I’m not the only one and I wouldn’t call myself that,” she replied with shrug.

Hmm…that was true, Damon thought. He had seen Mia with a much softer heart and kind she was but he knew that she was strong too. Granted, she cried a lot but was crying really a sign of weakness. She had been through a lot. That despicable Maya/Mia…Ugh, Katherine’s something took everything from her and then it hit him.

Maya, her exact look alike and he remembered Samantha saying she was a look alike, not necessarily a doppelgänger. It was also what she said the last time he met her, the angel and the girl might be same or they were to join hands and work together.

“Damon, what is it?” Elena asked concerned. Seeing his face, she knew something important had occurred. “Mia,” he whispered, barely audible to others but it was enough for all the vampires in the room.

“Mia?’ Caroline asked confused, her brows knitted together. “I think it’s not Elena,” Damon said aloud for everyone to hear.

“Great. Now we have yet, to find the girl,” Matt said who obviously didn’t heard Mia’s name being called out as a potential candidate. “No. We have her already,” Stefan said, eyeing Matt who looked at him in confusion.

Stefan averted his gaze to Damon, reality finally hitting him, “Mia and Maya,” he said and Damon nodded in agreement, flashing his eyebrows, he pointed to him, a glass of bourbon still in his hands, “Look alikes.”

It took several seconds for everyone to absorb the words. It was so plain and obvious, yet nobody bothered to think about it. Caroline shook her head, “Ok, she’s a good person and she has an evil look alike but,” she paused, “what about the brothers she had to choose from?” she asked, her eye brows raised in question as she looked pointedly at Damon.

“And wasn’t she like a Guardian?” Bonnie asked. Damon nodded, “Yes, but she can be both or work hand in hand with,” he said, “Samantha told me.”

“Samantha?” Stefan questioned. “Yes, Stef. It’s a long story,” he replied, thinking hard about the brother part in the prophecy. He turned on his heels to face Caroline. “What?” she questioned.

“She doesn’t have her memories, right?” Damon asked. Caroline nodded and Elena acknowledged it as she moved to stand beside Caroline. “And she don’t have any links with her past?” Damon asked another question.

“True,” Stefan said, “What’s the point?”

“The point, my brother is…that she don’t have her memories yet, she remembered one thing,” he raised his index finger, “one thing, we know nothing about but name of,” he explained.

“Enrique,” Elena whispered. “Bingo,” Damon smirked at her, his index finger still dancing, as if trying to prove a point. “She chose Enrique?” Tyler asked, confused.

“Yes, as oppose to his brother,” Stefan replied. Elena took a step forward, “We know nothing about his family or his history. I think it’s right. She must have made a choice already which is why…” Elena said but Caroline took after her sentence as she completed it. “She was engaged to Enrique and remembered nothing but his name…and hers.”

Everyone nodded in unison. “I think we know what we have to do,” Bonnie said, standing up. She looked at everyone with a knowing smile. “Yep, kill him,” Damon smirked as he rubbed his palms together in anticipation of how fun that would be.

“Damon,” Elena chided, “If she chose Enrique, then...he’s the key to unlock her powers,” she looked at him sternly. “I know,” he shrugged casually but his eyes had that cold menacing look in them which terrified Elena and others.

There was something else, though on Damon’s mind. Yep, the almost kiss was on number one but the other was Silas. He didn’t get that immortal dude. Why would he still perform the final massacre? There was only one cure and that was used on Mia and he knew, in order to open the veil to the other side, he needed the cure which was…gone.

So, what was the reason of still doing it? Was there still a way to bring back his dead lover, without a cure? What if…and then it hit him like ton of bricks. He stumbled backwards and inhaled sharply. What if, just like Elena pointed out, Mia was herself a cure now? What if, she could be used as a sacrifice? What if, she was the key to bring back that dead inconvenient psycho immortal's lover?

What if she were to die before she lives up to, even her angel time, which had made her life limited? What if, he’ll lose her earlier than he thought? The questions were like downward spiral to everything and he felt as if he was drowning in them, with no one to take his hand or pull him out.
♠ ♠ ♠
An early update for you guys as a warm and happy thank you for staying with this story.
Subscribe/Comment/Recommend. They are always a welcome gift from you awesome readers.
Let me know how you like it so far.