Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Temporary Goodbye

“Ok, what’s wrong?” Enrique hit the steering wheel in frustration with both his hands. Mia jumped in her seat and faced him with a what-the-hell look on her face. “Nothing. I told you I’m fine,” she gripped her forearm with her other hand, “I’m tired, is all. I shouldn't have gotten up.”

“Hmm,” he said noncommittally as looked away from her, outside the window. He looked so distant that Mia felt bad for her behavior. She was thinking if she should apologize when he spoke, “I-I, uh, have to go,” he paused for more than a second and Mia’s insides tightened, “out of town…for a little while.”

“What?” she almost shrieked. “It’s just that, I, uh…have some work to do,” he explained, still not looking at her properly.

“What work?” she asked, raising her eye brows.

“Nothing much. It’s just a family issue,” he shrugged casually and she eyes him cautiously, “Family issue?” she asked confused and then sighed, “When will you be back?” she asked, looking out the window.

“Soon. Before the week is over, probably,” he replied silently and watch her nod her head from the corner of his eyes, “I’ll just go and pack now,” he cleared his throat as he opened the door and came around to open Mia’s but she sat there frozen.

“I hate to do this but it’s…uh, really important,” he said but got no response from her. He gave her a single nod and headed for the front door.
He knew he wasn't being fair to her but he had important things to figure out and at times like this, he could only get it from his family. He knew he would have to listen to their rant and complains, even get scolded but only they could help Mia and him.

He was late already. She had already fainted once and he couldn’t do anything about it. That was the main reason for his sudden departure. He had her before, he wouldn’t lose her again. He would make sure she gets every memory of him back.

Mia sat on the steps thinking everything through. She never paid much attention but the thought of him leaving had caused her pain she didn’t want to feel. She didn’t know anything about him but still, she wanted him to stay.

She wanted to ask him but she didn’t wanted to give him another reason to leave, knowing she would be pressurizing him because obviously he wasn’t ready to tell her that.

Mia stood up suddenly when he cleared his throat behind her. The look in her eyes stirred different emotions in him. He felt excited that she was sad at the prospect of him leaving but he regretted leaving her behind.

He wanted to go and hug her tight, never letting her go but he was doing it for her and that was why he was so determined. He needed to help her.
“Don’t go,” she said but her voice cracked at the last word. She drew in a shaky breath as she stepped forward, “Please,” she pleaded.

“I don’t want to leave you but it’s really, really important,” he took a step towards her. She shook her head as she looked at him wide eyes, “Then, don’t,” she whispered, “You don’t know. Every time you go away, something bad happens.”

He looked at in confusion as he tilted his head to a side, taking a small step forward. “It scares me, Enrique. It’s just…I’m so scared. I know, I know something bad is going to happen,” she nodded her head quickly, convinced that doom was upon her. Her hand was clenched into a tight fist at her side while other was resting on her chest, her body tensed.

Seeing that much fear in her eyes, he was surprised and scared. He took her hand in his own and felt it go slack in his firm yet, gentle grasp. He held her gaze, “Tell me. What is it?”

“I’m scared,” she whispered. He cupped the side of her face, “Why?” he asked.

“The first time you left, I-I lost my family, my identity. I lost…everything,” she said trying to keep her emotions in check which were sucking her in like a whirlpool. She took a breath before continuing, “And then, the second time. I…uh, I-I died.”

She still found it hard to admit that she had returned from death, only to be sentenced again but he didn’t need to know that.
“Died?” he looked at her wide eyed, his hold on her tightening, unintentionally. “Ouch, Enrique,” she yelped in pain and flinched. He released her suddenly, “Sorry, are you ok?” he asked concerned and she nodded.

“What do you mean…died? I thought you wanted some time away from me and then you had some kind of accident, which you were not yet ready to share and lost your memories and all but,” he paused, “death?” he looked at her, his eyes searching her face for answer.

“What the hell, Mia? Seriously, death? No one comes back from the dead. You can’t come…” he blabbered on without a pause and she gently placed her hand on his cheek to calm him down. “I died, Enrique. How, I don’t know but there’s this cure…well, was a cure which reversed death and it kinda brought me back again,” she explained carefully, trying not to burden him with her life story.

“Silas?” he murmured as his body tensed, recognizing his slip up which was a huge mistake given the circumstances. “What?” she asked and he shook his head. “Nothing, Mia,” he looked at her like she was the only thing that mattered and that made her feel dizzy, in a good way.

Her stomach felt knotted all of a sudden and she had to struggle for a breath. “Listen, I’m gonna come back real soon. As soon as I can and Mia, nothing’s going to happen. Not this time, ok?” he assured her and looked deeply into her eyes, “trust me,” he murmured.

After today, she wasn’t so sure but the fear that laced her every beat wanted to believe that, “I do,” she whispered. He nodded and gently framed her face in his hand, loving the way it felt, the way her skin warmed beneath his touch. He knew, if he were to pull his hand back, he would see her blushing in that wonderful way of hers.

Being this close to her after such a long time hit him with memories he tried to keep at bay but it was no use now, not with her standing so close to him, her eyes shining in an all too familiar way.

All the blood left Mia’s head and her heart tightened in her chest as he leaned in to plant a soft and tender kiss. She shivered at the contact, her heart leaping in her chest. It felt so sweet and comforting, she could not pull away.

It was as if long forgotten part of her was unlocked with it. She felt the power returning to her as she leaned into him and ran her fingers through his already ruffled hair. Enrique had never felt this way before.

His heart clenched and sent shocks through his body, pumping faster with every moment, giving him pleasure so intense, almost unimaginable. Her sweet, intoxicating scent sent him reeling. He tried to deepen the kiss but it broke the moment as she pulled herself back, her cheeks flushed and lips parted. She looked exquisite.

She didn’t had courage to look at him though, feeling embarrassed but her emotions were still running raw. He touched her face with his fingertips and she gasped earning a charming smile from him. “I’ll be back soon and nothing will happen. We’re gonna be fine,” he said softly and kissed her forehead.

“It’s only a temporary farewell,” he smiled and left her standing there. It was unnerving, the things she was feelings. Renewed and scared at the same time, all the previous thoughts gone. She felt at peace when she almost stumbled back a few steps and sat on the bench against the wall, sighing to herself. Her life was a jumbled up mess and she had no idea how to handle it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys !
I'm back. I'll get back to the story now. Hope you guys like it.
Don't be a silent reader. Comment/Recommend/Subscribe.
Thank you all, very much.