Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Stolen

She didn’t know how long she sat there when the voice of heavy steps alerted her and she raised her head to see the visitor.

“Where’s your boyfriend?” Damon asked with a taunting smile knowing he would get a reaction out of her. He felt a little awkward, standing there but tried to be nonchalant about it. It gave him an unsettling feeling when she stared back at him with blank eyes, “He left,” she replied simply.

“What? When?” he asked infuriated.

Mia stood up and realized that the sun had already set and it was dark. “I don’t know,” she shrugged and sighed.

“When will he be back?” he asked. He knew he shouldn’t have waited and should have gone straight for that SOB, the moment they suspected him. “Soon,” she replied, looking at the sky, clutching her waist with both her arms.

“Where did he go, though?” he asked, softly this time, seeing Mia was not acting herself. Mia breathed deeply, “Family issue. Had a job.”

“Family?” he asked, the previous discussion, running through his head. Mia nodded and Damon narrowed his eyes at her. She was quiet and sad and he thought back to how she didn’t deny Enrique being her boyfriend when he teased her. Well, that hurts, he thought.

Mia looked toward the small steps and a little pink crept to her cheeks and Damon’s eyes narrowed further but Mia was oblivious to his staring as she was lost in her own world, not knowing what to make of it and her thoughts…her wretched thoughts.

She averted her gaze back to the night sky and realized she did like it. The endless sky, light cool wind blowing through her hair. The freshness of open area, the twinkling stars and the chirping of the crickets. It felt good and peaceful.

She turned towards the front door and turned the knob, her fingers grazing her lips, unconsciously and Damon’s world froze at the smallest of gesture. He knew now, what the hell was wrong with the whole picture.

He had kissed her and then left. Leaving was a good thing but touching her in that intimate way had him on fire. He wanted to find him right then and strangle him to death, slow and painful death.

He also knew he shouldn’t feel that way. She was not his possession but still, she was his and at that moment nothing mattered as he turned to leave. Determined and focused to find him and rip his heart out.

“Aren't you going to come in?” Mia’s voice from inside stopped him as he turned to face her. She waved him to get inside with a soft smile playing on her lips. Damon sighed, he shouldn't do that but he found his legs making their way to the couch where she sat.

She shook her head to clear off her thoughts as looked at him and it brought the images from morning to her mind. She closed her eyes and wanted to face palm herself. She was officially losing it. She took a deep breath, “Why were you looking for him?” she asked to break the deafening silence.

“Who? Your boyfriend?” he asked wanting her to deny it for the sake of his sanity. “He’s not my boyfriend, Damon,” she said and looked away from him. If you only knew, she sighed.

It felt as if a huge burden was lifted off his shoulders by her words. The raging, painful sentiments dissolving with it as she spoke them. It was weird the way he felt with her; peaceful and conflicted at the same time, strong and weak, bold to get everything he wanted but resistant to what he wanted the most.

The emotions in him infuriated him and he knew he needed to leave but the selfish part always won somehow, it pained him to go away. “I know. I needed to talk to him,” he said.

She gave a non-committal nod, “What about?” she asked, still not looking at him. She didn’t know what would happen if she did. It was a tough day for her with finding weird stuff, Enrique gone, the porch thing and then the morning thing with Damon. The last wo being the main reason she couldn’t look at him.

“Uh…Hey,” Claire said in the most awkward tone as if things weren’t weird already. “What are you guys doing?” she asked eyeing Mia who quickly straightened herself and tugged the strand of hair behind her ear, the words from Claire ringing in her ears.

“Nothing much. I was just asking her about Enrique,” Damon shrugged casually and Claire stepped forward, having no idea what was going on. “What about him?” she asked confused.

“Oh,” Damon faked a shock expression as he stared at Claire wide eyed, “You don’t know. He left,” a hint of disbelief in his voice.

“Left? Claire asked, her voice rising, “What do you mean, left?”

Damon looked expectantly at Mia who looked like a cute, little furious tiger glaring at him, her arms and legs crossed. He smirked at her, only to see the glare intensifying. “There was some problem in the family with business,” she paused, “I think.”

“You think?” Damon scoffed. Mia felt uncomfortable with the whole situation. So, instead of vocalizing, she settled for a casual shrug as she got up from the couch.

She wanted so much to tell Damon. She needed answers but all she wanted right now, was to sleep and hope that she will feel better in the morning. The ring of Damon’s cell interrupted her thoughts.

“What do you mean ‘blood’?” he asked furiously and looked apologetically to both Claire and Mia as he got up to leave. It would have been fine but the word ‘blood’ had her attention.

She rushed behind him, “Damon?” she called after him and he turned to look at her, his face softening just at the sight of her. “Fine. I’ll see to it,” he snapped the phone shut. Mia came up to stand in front of him, carefully keeping herself at a safe distance. “I wanna come with you,” she stated.

“What?” his head snapped up to look at her, his eyes holding her gaze.

“I said, I’m going to come with you,” she repeated, meeting his gaze steadily. He looked at her in disbelief and she knew she would have to convince him and that was going to be difficult.

“You’re not coming,” he said, finality in his tone and Mia sighed as she took a determined step forward, “Where are you going?” she asked softly.
“I said, you’re not coming,” he stated again, his eyes looking at her with a glint of hardness.

She smiled a little, “Ok, maybe if I just tag along,” she started but he cut her off. “No. No tagging along,” his voice was higher now.

“Fine,” she said and he turned around. Seeing him leaving, she ran after him. “Where are you going by the way?” she asked stubbornly.

“Hell, Mia. I’m going to hell,” he suddenly turned around but his serious expression faltered when he saw a ghost of smile on her lips. She put her hand on her hand, her eyes looking above in deep thought, “Ok, then. I’m coming with you,” she said as if she finally made an important decision and marched past him, determinedly.

“What?” he said in disbelief as he caught up with her. Holding her by the arms, he skidded her to a stop, “Are you out of your mind?” he asked, shaking her slightly as if it would bring her back to senses.

“I’m an angel, Damon. I can’t go to hell,” she explained as he narrowed his eyes at her but the gleam in hers, lifted his spirits, “Maybe, I’ll be able to save you too. You know, request The Deity and all,” she waved her hands.

He shook his head and sighed and she knew that she had won, just like that. “You know, angels can go to hell, too. Lucifer was an angel,” he looked at her, raising his eye brow. She made a noncommittal sound as she kept moving, ignoring his comment.

“What happened anyway?” she asked, turning her head to see him. “Oh, he was the antagonist with all the bad traits. But, majorly he was vain,” he told her with a smirk and she rolled her eyes.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it,” she paused, “So, what happened here?” she asked again.

“It’s the hospital. The blood’s all stolen from the blood bank. Something like that happened before too,” he looked at Mia who was looking at him wide eyed, her head tilted to a side.

“What? How?” she asked, perplexed.

“Yeah, we’re still trying to figure that out,” he replied with a wave of his hand, motioning her to continue moving.

“But who would do that?” she forced her feet to move. She was at hospital just a few hours ago, everything was fine then.

“That would solve all the problems now, wouldn't it? If we know the answer. Plus, this town is like a supernatural fault line. It’s not much surprising, you know?” he shrugged, walking casually.

“Okay. Let’s go and find out then,” she said enthusiastically but a weird, queasy feeling settled low in her stomach. This was going to be bad, she thought.