Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Shocked

“You look messed up,” Matt commented as she took the seat.

“I feel messed up too,” she replied.

“Wanna talk about it?” Matt asked with a smile.

“Being in love is so hard,” she exclaimed, throwing her hand on the counter. Matt laughed out loud at her statement and enjoyed the glare she sent his way. “Yeah, well. Being in love with jerks is even harder,” he said as he put a glass in front of her, “Your regular,” he winked.

Mia raised her eyebrows as she accepted the drink and took a long sip, “He’s a jerk, alright. I hate him,” she said.

“No, you don’t,” he stated, chuckling to himself. “Can I talk to you for a moment?” Mia turned around to see the familiar eyes looking down upon her.

“No,” she clipped her tone.

“Mia, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have…” he started.

“Leave me be, Enrique,” she was fed up with all of this. Putting up with both of them.

“Hey Enrique. You’re back,” Elena greeted him with a hug, the one he wasn’t expecting and Mia smiled at the awkwardness as she turned around for her glass. “Whoa, Mia. You look terrible,” Elena commented.

Mia turned to look at Enrique, “Really?” she asked Elena, her eyes still resting on Enrique. Elena eyed them both, confused about the ongoing situation but she filed it away to ask Mia later.

“How was your family?” Elena asked sweetly as Enrique’s body tensed and he took a deep breath. Giving her a small smile, he replied, “Fine. Thank you.”

His hesitant reply made Elena curious. This is it, she thought. He must have a brother and didn’t want to discuss him in front of Mia, in fear that she would remember something. Mia had chosen him and he wanted to keep it that way.

“Was Claire ok?” Mia asked him without turning back. “Yes,” he nodded but then quickly shook his head, “No. not really. She went out right after,” he told her. Mia knitted her eyebrows together, “Where? It’s Sunday,” she said, confused.

“Said she had a meeting with a lawyer. Something about property,” he replied. At least she was talking to him. “Look, Mia. I’m sorry,” Enrique started.

“It’s ok, Enrique. I don’t want to talk about it,” she said dismissively, turning her attention to Elena, “Want a drink?” she asked.

“Finally. I thought she’ll never ask,” Elena replied and Mia chuckled in response. “So, what’s it about?” she asked, once Enrique left.

Mia shrugged, “I don’t know. I’m tired, Elena. I don’t want to feel this way,” she paused and looked at her glass, “Love sucks,” she mumbled.

“Yeah. It can’t be sunshine and rainbows all the time,” Elena remarked, still laughing at her statement. “Mine didn’t have a rainbow…not even for a second,” she said and thought back to her moment with Damon. Well, ok. A very small second but she didn’t had to say it aloud.

She didn’t know why he had to be this way, she thought. Would he be thinking about her the way she was? Her toes curled as she thought about the kiss they shared. Mostly, she thought if he felt anything akin to the hot, scorching, consuming fire of desire and love that had settle deep inside her.

How easy it would be if she could just tell him and if he could accept it but that was the problem. She didn’t know how he would react at those words and that was the reason she was holding back. “What happened?” Elena asked concerned and Mia sighed exasperatedly.

“I don’t know. One moment he is all perfect and then Enrique comes and he’s like the evil, cold, heartless jerk. And I know it was my fault, partially…”

“Your fault?” Elena raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah. I pushed him away. It wasn’t good but I panicked and I tried to apologize,” she looked at Elena and raised her eyebrows to question if Elena was still with her on the story. Elena smiled, “Why did he become such an evil, cold, heartless jerk,” Elena mimicked Mia, “After meeting Enrique when he was perfectly fine before?” Elena asked her raised her eyebrows, questioning and suggesting Mia.

Mia looked at her in confusion for a moment when it suddenly dawned upon her. “Oh my God,” she gasped. “Oh my God,” she said again, her heart jumping with excitement, getting so warm that Mia felt giddy. “Oh my God,” she almost squealed now.

Elena laughed, “Calm down,” she told Mia who looked at her with wide eyes. “Are you kidding me? He wasn’t jealous, was he? Because that would mean…Oh my God. It means that…does it mean that?” she slumped back in her chair again and sighed loudly.

After taking a moment to herself, she finally spoke up, “It’s a probability. A slightest one but…I-I have to tell him, Elena. I have to tell him,” she said determinedly and Elena smiled warm heartedly at her. “Yes. You do. I think you both need it now,” she replied thinking he would finally be happy now, with Mia.

“I should go,” Mia got up but Elena held her arm, “Not before you think it through. I don’t want him to hurt anymore, Mia.”

“I know what I feel,” Mia argued and then her shoulders slumped, “but you’re right. I…uh, oh! What am I going to say, go and blurt it out?” she asked with wide eyes.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Elena chuckled.

Seeing the smile on Claire’s face, Damon was in utter confusion. What she said and what her expression said were two opposite things. He still didn’t get what the smile was about which was why he was following her and he had followed her to the hospital.

This again was weird. What the hell was she doing in a hospital and on top of that, in a cold storage room? He followed her quietly. “First, he asks me to take care of the girl and now I’m tiptoeing like a damn thief to make sure his damn blood supply is fulfilled.”

Damon stopped dead in his tracks at her mumbling. What the hell, he thought. What the hell was this crazy woman talking about? “Damon?” a voice silenced all his inner thoughts as he turned around to find himself face to face with Meredith. “Are you crazy? You know, they’ll take you in for blood stealing,” she paused and her eyes widened as she gasped and Damon suddenly swept his eyes across the area, looking for something that could cause such a reaction.

“You stole all the blood?” she asked, surprised and somewhat angry.

“What?” Damon asked confused, his eyes still roaming the area. “No, I didn’t. It was Silas,” he said and then it hit him like a brick, like many bricks. Claire was working for him…for Silas, bringing him blood and taking care of the girl. The only girl powerful enough to destroy him. I’ll be damned, he thought.

“Did you get more blood?” he asked in haste.

“It’s a hospital. What do you think?” Meredith asked. “Where?” he questioned as he opened the door and went in with Meredith walking at his heels. She opened the cabinets. “Here, they just came this morning,” she said, gesturing him to come, take a look.

Damon narrowed his eyes behind her as he looked, “It’s gone,” he said simply.