Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Before the Storm

Light breeze played with her hair, her short heel clicking on the road as she made her way to the front door. Her heart beat plummeted with every step she took closer to the door. Her hand and feet were both cold but she had to wipe the sweatiness on her jeans.

She inhaled deeply, trying to calm the butterflies that danced in her body. She wondered if they had taken a permanent residence there, whenever she thought about him or was in his presence.

She knocked at the door and raked her fingers through her hair, checking her dress, she took a deep breath, knowing he was the one who mostly answered the door.

“Hey Stefan,” she greeted him, a little relieved that it wasn’t Damon. She figured, she still needed some time to work up her nerves.
“Hey. You’re beaming. Is everything ok?” he asked.

“Does it show?” she asked, making a face.

“Uh, yes. It does,” he replied with a smile and she nodded. Taking a deep breath and locking her hands together, she asked, “Is Damon home?”
Stefan shook his head slowly, “That would be, no,” he said and everything sweet, great and wonderful she was feeling vanished, only to be replaced with annoyance, irritation and then, relief.

“Is he ever home?” she asked, crossing her arms and pursing her lips together. Stefan shrugged at her and gave her a smile. “Ugh,” she groaned and took a breath, “Whatever,” she mumbled and turned to leave.

“I’ll let him know, you were here…in good spirits,” he called after her but she didn’t bothered with a reply as she gave him a single rigid wave of her hand, to tell him to do as he pleases, without turning to face him.

Damon very much wanted to know about Claire’s whereabouts. It was weird, the way he just lost her under a minute. It meant that Mia was in danger with Claire and the thought didn’t settle very well with him.

He wanted to go straight to Mia and bring her over to his place but she would never listen, not after their argument especially and that was the reason he came home to ask Elena to invite Mia over for girl’s night in or a sleepover sort of thing and he’ll handle Claire in the meantime.

“And finally, he arrives,” Stefan commented as Damon entered and Damon gave him an annoyed look. “Where’s Elena?” he asked urgently.

“What do you want with Elena?” Stefan asked and Damon glared at him. He was about to tell him that he needed her for Mia, not for his own self when Stefan held up his finger to silence him.

“When,” he stood up, “your girl came in just a while ago, asking for you.”

Damon quietly ignored the ‘your girl’ part, “Mia came?” he asked, wondering why she would after he acted like a jerk.

“Yes and she was pretty upset that you weren’t home which brings me to,” he paused, “where were you?”

“Brings you to,” Damon arched his eyebrow, “What? You rehearsed this conversation?”

“Don’t answer the question with another question and a stupid one at that,” Stefan leaned against the chair, waiting patiently for his answer.

Damon exhaled exasperatedly, “I was on an information hunt,” he shrugged.

“What?” Stefan stepped forward, “Is it about Silas?”

“Yep. It wasn’t…but it is now.”

“Will you stop talking in riddles, Damon?” Stefan raised his voice, annoyed.

“Fine. I was keeping track on Claire…who’s been stealing blood from the hospital,” Damon answered smugly.

“But I thought it was…”

“Silas?” Damon completed the thought and shrugged, “It was. Indirectly. Claire’s giving him the blood, I don’t know why,” he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Claire? Claire Matthews?” Stefan asked in pure surprise.

“Yep. Surprise. Ta-da,” Damon mocked.

“Damon, she’s with Mia all the time,” Stefan said.

“I know,” Damon replied, worry returning to his expression, “I’m gonna check on her now. Ask Elena to call her over for sleepover…or whatever that girl’s do,” he said hastily as he went out the door.

Tension apprehended him as he stepped out. It was quiet…too quiet and he for one knew this kind of quiet in the atmosphere was not good. It was a sign of trouble, of adversary, of an oncoming disaster, the quiet that comes before a storm hits and he knew he had to run, to make it fast so that he could protect her before the thunder strikes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your opinion, guys. It matters.
Please, Subscribe/Comment/Recommend.