Cold summer hearts

déjà vu

Later after I woke up in a small two-bed room, I realised I wasn’t alone. Tj was asleep on the other bed. I wanted to slide into his bed and wrap his arms around me but then he moved around and woke.

“Hey silly, you fell asleep in my arm before I even got you in here!”

I didn’t know what to think but somehow I managed words, “Sorry Tj, a lot’s been going on at home. Want to hit the water?”

He jumped out of bed only wearing boxers that looked a size to big. He helped me up and asked me if I was going to be okay in the water. I nodded and moved away from his warmth.

Beth was already in the water with Jay. She was wearing her hot pink bikini set that didn’t cover up much. When she realised I had arrived she pointed at my new polka-dot bikinis,” They new?” she asked.

“Yeah, I got them yesterday. I don’t think they’re big enough, though…” Then I remembered Tj was there and blushed. He just dived into the water and I felt myself redden even more.

We ended up doing competitions and games until Beth and I retired and did some sunbaking.

“So, is there something I should know?” Beth said. I looked at her like a dumb fool.
“What are you on about?”

She laughed and said, “One word for you…Tj.”

I never knew Beth could read me so well, but she could. “It’s nothing just something… stupid. I don’t know I just want to be held by him. I never thought about him like this.”

“Michelle, I think you’re falling for him”

“I know that Doctor Phil. It’s just what does he…” I cut off as Tj sat down next to me.

“He? Whom are you talking about?” My heart stopped.

“He is her new step dad,” Saved by Beth… I think.

“He giving you trouble Michelle?” Tj asked.

“Mhmm…” I stood up, gathering my stuff and walked up to the shake for a shower.

“Wait, Michelle!” I turned to see Jay, red faced running up the back steps towards me.

“What?” Suddenly he had me over his shoulder and was carrying me back the water.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” I yelled

“What you’re scared of doing!” he paused, “And yes, you are that easy to read. I’ve known you since you were three years old. So I’m pretty sure you’re avoiding Tj.”
“Piss off Jay! You don’t know what….”

“…What are you doing with her Jay?” I heard Tj’s voice sharpen, “You have a girlfriend remember? And I think you’ve undone your top!”

I screamed and did my top up as Jay put me down. I went to run off only to find Tj’s arms around my waist, “Oh, no you don’t. I want that race you promised me earlier.”

Why did he have to remember now? I moved forward only for him to pull me back once again. I suddenly lost my balance and fell on top of him. “Oomph... you okay, Michelle?”

I sat there with my head in his chest tears down my face and heart in my ears.” My leg hurts,” suddenly Tj was up with my in his arms.

“déjà vu?” he asked as a lit pink touched his cheeks. Could he be feeling the same thing I’m feeling? Nah he couldn’t be.

He laid me down on a lounge chair at the back of the shack. Beth was checking my leg with Jay and Tj was looking at me. I looked up at his big blue eyes.

“What are you staring at?” I looked down at my bikini top to make sure that hadn’t come off again, “Am I really that pretty?” I joked and poked my tongue out.

Tj knelt down beside me, “You’re gorgeous, and you know it…” he placed a soft kiss on my cheek and asked Jay and Beth if my leg was okay.

I sat there frozen, hearing Jay explain that I’m off it for a day and that he and Beth were going to go get some lunch for us. After we placed order with Beth and Jay, Tj and I were alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its a little odd i know but anyway O.o its the way i work.