Little Sister

19

"Jen?" Candace called as she walked into Jen's apartment.

Tyler had been in Dallas for two weeks and hadn't attempted to make contact with Jen. She was beyond upset. Candace knew her brother was ruining things with him and Jen, so she was coming over to do her best to maintain their relationship. She really liked Jen and she didn't want her to never speak to her family again because of Tyler.

"Room." Jen sighed, loud enough for Candace to hear.

Candace made her way to Jen's room, frowning when she saw her. "I am so sorry." She cried, nearly spilling out tears. "I don't know why the fuck he hasn't,"

"It's okay." Jen cut her off. "I'm sorry, Cand, but I can't do this." Jen sat up. "I'm gonna fly out and break up with him."

"I know. It's what you should do." Candace nodded. "But please remember that you're like my best friend so you can still come see my mom and Cass with me when I go back home, okay? They love you so much."

Jen laughed. "Of course, I love you and your family." She looked down. "Believe it or not, I even love your stupid ass brother."

"He loves you too, Jen. He just doesn't do relationships." Candace rolled her eyes, slightly hating Tyler right now.

Jen grabbed her laptop, sitting against her headboard. Candace sat beside her. Candace moved to Boston for school. She was dating Dougie now, so it worked. She had her own apartment but was always with one of the two Hamiltons. Jen considered Candace her best friend, ever since the Anna fiasco. Candace put her head on Jen's shoulder as she read over flight times to Dallas.

"How soon should I go?" Jen asked, resting her head on Candace's.

"Give yourself a day to pack and all that." Candace suggested, pointing to the flight that was two days away. "That way you can stay for a day or two, get some closure, and come home."

"Sounds perfect." Jen agreed, clicking onto the flight.

She booked her ticket before closing her laptop. She put her head against the headboard while sighing. She thought about how she was going to break up with Tyler. She was going to say goodbye. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Candace sat up before she turned towards her friend. "What about your work?" She frowned.

"My dad knows I'm upset so he gave me the rest of the month off." Jen chuckled, wiping her face. "Pathetic, I know."

"Please get me a job, oh my god." Candace cooed.

"My dad loves you. He'd probably hire you in a heartbeat."

"Good to know." Candace smirked.

The two girls laughed before silence took over them. Jen laid down, putting her head in Candace's lap. Candace stroked Jen's hair while they sat. Jen grabbed her phone. Her lock screen was her doing a weird smile while Tyler smiled against her neck. Her arm was around his neck while her other was outstretched, taking the picture. Jen choked back a sob before more tears came out.

"It hurts." She whispered.

Candace pouted while continuing to stroke Jen's head. "It hurts a lot, I know. But I think it'll be best for you, and Ty, right now. New place, new people. He needs time to settle."

"I should tell him I'm coming down." Jen swallowed hard. Candace agreed. "What do I say?"

"Just tell him you're going to see him." Candace giggled.

Jen unlocked her phone, opening her messages. She clicked her conversation with Tyler, from two weeks ago, and typed a message.

Jen: Ty, I think I'm coming down on Tuesday :)

She waited for a minute before her phone buzzed. Tyler replied.

Tyler: babe u have no idea how much i need that :(

Tyler: i'm sorry i haven't called or texted u it's been crazy but i really need u right now :(


Jen let out a cry. "Candace, what do I do?"

Candace read her brother's messages. She frowned. "Go be with him. See how it is. See how it feels."

Tyler put his phone down on the table in front of his. He sighed, rubbing his face. He missed home. He missed Jen. He missed his team. He missed everything in Boston. All he'd done since he arrived in Dallas, was go to anything to do with his new team, then come home and sleep. He figured it'd be the fastest way to adjust. When he saw Jen had texted him, he burst into tears. He thought it was going to be a break up message, but then he remembered how amazing she was.

Jen: Do you wanna talk, babe? :(

Tyler: call me plz i need to hear ur voice

Jen: I'll FaceTime you <3


Tyler swallowed hard when he read that. He ran to his washroom to rinse his face. He didn't want Jen to know he was crying. He heard his phone ringing and ran back to it. He pushed accept. Jen's face popped onto his screen. A smile spread across his face, as well as hers.

"I missed your smile so much." Jen sighed.

"I miss you, a lot, Jen. I'm going crazy without you." Tyler explained.

"I've done nothing since you left." Jen laughed. "I just sleep or hang out with Cand, when she's not with Dougie."

Tyler chuckled. "Is she over right now?"

"Hey bro!" Candace chimed. Jen pointed the camera up to her. "You look like shit."

"I've been pretty stressed, Candace." Tyler growled. Jen put the camera back on her face. "But I forget all of it when I'm looking at you." Jen rolled her eyes. "Two days and I get to kiss you again."

"Two days and I get to pick on someone again." Jen grinned.

Tyler couldn't help but smile. He loved her. He was completely in love with her. He just wanted to be with her. He loved her snarky comments, her obnoxious laugh. Everything.

"Jen, I love you and I'm so sorry for not getting ahold of you the last two weeks. My mind's been everywhere." He told her, frowning.

Jen frowned too before she wiped tears pouring from her eyes. "I hate that I can't be there for you."

"Please don't cry." Tyler begged as his eyes watered. "Two days, baby."

She nodded. "Just two."

After that phone call, Jen cried herself to sleep. Candace held her until the two were both unconscious. She cried because she didn't know what to do. She didn't want Tyler to ignore her for another two weeks when she leaves Dallas, but she didn't want to be without him.

Tyler cried himself to sleep that night as well. He didn't have anyone to comfort him, and that was part of the reason why. He had no one. He hated himself for putting himself in the position of almost losing Jen. He could tell she was doubting their relationship. She was all he had. He was going to make sure she knew that when she came for that visit.