Little Sister

02

Tyler watched as Dougie rewrapped his stick for the third time. "Doug, what's wrong? You're pretty nervous." He teased the rookie.

Dougie smiled, shyly. "My sister's coming tonight and it's my first game that family's come to." He explained.

Tyler grinned from ear to ear, pulling Dougie into a hug. "Aw, no need to be nervous Rook." He comforted. "She has to love you even if you're crap."

Dougie rolled his eyes. "Thanks Ty." His phone began to rang and he answered, knowing it was Jennie. "You here?"

"Yes, side door!" She exclaimed while Dougie got up, making his way to the door. Tyler followed him closely, always interested in a new girl. Doug turned, stopping Tyler. "Don't hit on her Tyler." He hissed. "She's only eighteen and frankly, I don't trust you." He stated.

Tyler put a hand over his heart, acting hurt. "I resent that. She's probably a lovely girl but I'm sure I'll have no interest in her." As he finished his thought, Dougie pushed the door open. Tyler froze up, seeing the girl in front of him. 'Maybe I lied.' He thought, staring at her.

"Jennie, this is Tyler," Dougie introduced the two. "And Tyler, this is Jennie's best friend, Annabelle."

Tyler smirked, grabbing the hand Jen had extended to him. He pressed his lips to the top of it. "Pleasure to meet you." He grinned.

Jen smiled, admiring his attempt but not buying it. "That it is." She giggled.

"I'm Anna." Annabelle leaped between the two, holding her hand out for Tyler. He just shook her hand before her and Dougie took off, chattering away.

Jen stayed put, shaking her head with her arms crossed. Tyler glanced at her and smirked. "Are they?" He asked.

"Oh no," Jen shook her head, her pony flowing over her shoulder a bit. "They've always flirted and I told her he was off limits but of course not." She sighed.

Tyler laughed. "You and Dougie are a lot alike, eh? He told me you were off limits as well." He smiled, hearing Jen chuckle.

"Yeah, eh!" She mocked, shooting Tyler a closed-mouth grin. They walked beside each other, just smiling.

Tyler bumped into Jen, gently. "He was right to tell me that." He admitted.

"Why's that?" Jen asked.

Tyler went to speak. "Would you look at that? Ty's already found a bunny." Brad Marchand's voice interrupted.

Tyler growled. "She's Dougie's sister, not a bunny Marshy." He explained.

"Wait, this is little Jennie?" Brad asked, receiving nods from both Jen and Tyler. His eyes scoped her body. "You've grown." He smirked.

Jen huffed. "Brad, that's disgusting! Can't you be decent for ten minutes of your life? God." She ranted.

"Sorry Jen." He apologized, pulling her into a hug. He mouth to Tyler that he better "hit this" or he would. Tyler nodded, just to give Brad his satisfaction.

"Brad, Ty, we have game. Get in the change room and change." Chara called, coming out of the change room with Annabelle following. "You are Jennie, yeah?" He asked Jen, receiving a nod. "I bring your friend back and I give hug." He stated, leaning down to hug Jen.

Jen giggled but hugged him back. He was a good foot and a half taller than Jen. "Thank you Zdeno." She smiled.

He smiled at her. "You the only one who call me Zdeno."

Jen cocked a brow. "Well that is your name. What else would I call you?"

"I don't know, Chara like everyone else does?" Brad butted in, coming out of the change room in his full equipment with his uniform on.

Jen rolled her eyes. "It's impolite to refer to someone by their last name." She stated, crossing her arms.

Tyler heard this while he walked out. "That's a shame, isn't it Hamilton?" He smirked. Jen shot him a glare but turned away when she felt a smile coming on. "Don't act like I didn't make you grin there." Tyler called her out.

Jen turned back to him. "Does it look like I'm smiling?" She hissed with a blank expression. Tyler returned the look, waiting for Jen to crack. She did causing him to.

Brad watched the two of them before he smiled. He pointed back and forth at the two. "I sense something here." He said. The two shook their heads.

"Nothing's going on between them." Dougie growled, stepping between the two of them. He glared at Tyler.

Jen rolled her eyes, letting out a growl as she flared her arms. "If there was Dougie, it's none of your concern. I'm old enough to make my own decisions." She spat.

Dougie chuckled. "That's not it. If your friend are off limits," He glanced at Anna who looked down and blushed. "Then so are mine."

Jen shrugged. "Fine by me."

Brad shook his head. "Not by me."

Tyler stuck his hand up. "Or me."

"Definitely not Tyler." Chara butted in. Tyler shot him a glare. "Let's go boys. We have warm up."

The three boys took off behind their captain and the rest of the team came out. They skated on to the ice and skated around. A few shot pucks at Tuukka Rask while skating past.

Jen and Annabelle walked up to where the seats were, looking from their tickets to the rows. They found their seats, directly behind the home bench. "God bless Douglas Hamilton." Annabelle preached.

Jen smiled as they sat. "Anna, are you into him?" She asked.

"Into who J?" Annabelle asked as Dougie skated by, waving to Jen and winking at her.

"Him." Jen pointed at her brother.

Anna felt the blood rush to her cheeks. She looked down, her hair falling over her eyes while she covered her face. "I don't know Jen." She dragged her hands down her face and put her head up. "I know you d,"

"No, don't worry about me. If you like him, I'm not gonna stop either of you." Jen cut her off. Annabelle smiled, then pulled her friend into a hug. "But if you're going to date my brother, no more yellow jeans or high heels to the games."

Anna laughed, pulling away. "Teach me your ways, Puck Bunny Guru." She smirked.

"Hey, I'm a hockey sister and you're going to be a hockey girlfriend." Jen established. "Just watch the game and ask if you don't understand."

Anna nodded. The team got off the ice so the zamboni could flood the ice. Anna's questions began there. She asked about the zamboni, all the lines, and basically any question you could think of. Music started to play and the lights dimmed. A video played on the screen with clips of the season. When that finished, a new song began and it showed the team walking out.

"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome your Boston Bruins!" The announcer exclaimed and the Garden roared. Jen and Annabelle stood and cheered. The visiting team, the Ottawa Senators, skated out and everyone booed. The referee blew his whistle and the starting lines stayed on.

By the end of the first period, there was still no score. It was just about six minutes into the second period when Horton scored on a give-and-go from Dougie. The arena cheered. The enter Bruins bench shot up, as did the two girls behind it. Jen banged on the glass, causing Tyler to turn back and wink at her. "You're next." She mouthed to him. He blew her a kiss before getting onto the ice for his shift.

The two girls sat back down. "So Dougie gets an assist on that, yes?" Annabelle asked. Jen nodded.

The game went into overtime. They played 4-on-3 for a while but Rask was like a wall. It was even with about three minutes left. Tyler dangled his way in before getting stuck along the boards. The puck was stolen off him but he stole it back and took a shot. "Come on Tyler!" Jen cheered, receiving a smirk from her friend.

The puck was dragged back to the Bruins' zone but the boys did their best to keep it out of the net. They managed to get a turnover and ended up with a face-off in Ottawa's zone. A shot was automatically taken and Bergeron wasted no time on getting the rebound, winning the game. After a bit of dispute, the refs called it a game and Boston had won 2-1 in overtime. The two teams shook hands before skating back to their benches.

Dougie waved the girls over to the rails. "Climb through!" He exclaimed while the team walked back to the change room. Jen shook her head but Annabelle was all for it. She squeezed through two of the bars and Dougie helped her down. Her cheeks went red while his hands were on her waste. He just smiled as he placed her on the ground.

Anna looked down at her feet but her eyes trailed up to Dougie's face. She was shocked. "I knew you were tall, but you in skates is ridiculous!" She cried.

Doug laughed. "You're in heels and you're still tiny." He smiled, checking Annabelle out carefully.

"Are you coming?" Tyler called up to Jen. She shook her head. "Come on, I'll help you down." He grinned.

Jen laughed. "I don't trust you." She stated.

Tyler gasped. "That hurts Jen." She shrugged. "Would I really drop you when Doug could get the whole team after me if I did?" He asked.

Jen smiled, turning to the bars. She slid through two of them and felt Tyler's hands under her. He wrapped his arms around her and yanked her down, carrying her bridal style. "My hat's falling off." She whined.

Tyler grabbed her hat from off his head and placed it on top of his helmet. He carried her over to the change room and placed her on her feet. She reached for her hat but was a few inches off. Tyler took it off his head, handing it to her. "You two coming out with us?" He asked Jen and Anna.

They looked at each other. Anna's eyes were pleading for them to go and Jen was pleading to just go home. She sighed, looking back at Tyler. "I guess." He smiled then walked into the change room.

"J, he is so into you." Annabelle squealed.

Jen rolled her eyes. "Hardly, it's just his act Ann." She said, sitting on a bench.

Anna shook her head. "You can't see how his eyes light up when he smiles at you, can you?" She asked. Jen shook her head. "Or how his entire face lights up when you smile at him?" Once again, Jen shook her head. "My God girl, you're oblivious."

Jen sighed, leaning back. "I guess he could. I mean I've known him for a bit now." She thought, out loud. "But I've never,"

"Wait, you already knew him?" Anna questioned.

"I go to all Dougie's events, Tyler's usually there. He never remembers me." Jen laughed.

Annabelle frowned. "That's kinda sad J." She sat down beside her. "Does it bother you?"

"Oh no, god no. He's a professional athlete, I don't expect him to." She explained.

Dougie came out of the change room. "You're coming out?" He asked. The girls nodded. "Good, all three of us can hang out since none of us are legal." He smiled.

They both laughed. "Sounds good brotha!" Jen exclaimed. Doug just gave her a dirty look. She stood up and wrapped her arms around her brother's torso. His arms went around her shoulders while he rocked them. They separated but stood next to each other.

Tyler came out, sliding his arms around both of them. "Cute moment there." He mocked. "My turn?" He asked, looking at Jen. She rolled her eyes but wrapped her arms around his torso. He held her tightly. "This is nice." He hummed.

"You're ruining the moment with your commentary." Jen hissed.

Tyler pulled away, pointing at her. "I'll remember that."