‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Prom

"Prom night!" Bryan hugged Ross as they looked in Bryan's mirror. "we look so snazzy!" Ross tried to muster up a little smirk but it was hard. He was wearing his pink suit to prom, the suit matched with Deanna's dress. "Come on, get excited! I can't believe you're not excited!"

"Why should i be?" he took a seat on his bed.

"Because you're gorgeous" Bryan said. "So is Joe, you guys can have any girl you want. Legit i have asked people. Even Leena said she would fuck you if she could" Ross blushed. "So stop being so glum about going alone, you can easily get anyone there. I guarantee"

"Fine"

"And i suggest you start with Leena, get drunk with L and S and then have a giant threesome. Just kidding" Ross smiled.

"Thanks for trying to get me excited" he said. He stood up and looked in the mirror again. "But i don't know"

"Did you know Brooklyn and Evan aren't technically dating?" Bryan asked. Ross snapped his head to Bryan. Bryan nodded.

"I'll take on for the team"

...

Karolina and Brooklyn waited with Aiden and Evan and Sean in Leena's living room. "Come on Leena we're ready!!" Leena's mom exclaimed. She had to have been the most enthusiastic mother you have ever seen. Having three boys must have been annoying. She's been waiting practically 27 years for this moment.

"I'm here" Leena slowly limped down the stairs. She didn't have her crutches so walking was hard. "How do i look?" she asked. Sean stood up.

"You look amazing" Leena blushed. Brooklynn and Karolina smiled to each other. Sean kissed Leena on the cheek. "You just look soo..."

"Weird?" Leena asked. "Because damn babe, as soon as i have the chance i'm taking this dress off" she whispered.

...

Joe arrived at Bryan's house at 4. He was taking the limo with Bryan, Sohee, Ross, AJ, Rory and a few other friends of theirs. He didn't feel that bad about not having a date knowing Ross and another girl were going stag.

"Hey you look fantastic" Ross hugged Joe.

"You look great too" he said. "Minus the light pink vest"

"Didn't have enough time to get another one"

"Although, pink is your color" Joe smirked. Ross smiled back.

"Thanks, bro"

"Hey" Rory came out from Bryan's house to see if the limo arrived. "Joe, you look great!" she hugged him. Yeah, since Joe had become close with AJ he became close with Rory and she was really nice. He didn't feel anything for her.

"Thanks, you look great too!" he said. "Save me a dance?"

"Of course" she smiled. "I think we're all going to have a great time! she put her arm around Ross.

"You know what, i think i will have a good time"

"Besides, Karolina is having an after party so if we have a terrible time we can get fucked up at her place" they laughed. The limo pulled up to Bryan's house. "Show time!"

...

Mackenzie walked into prom alone, she had Deanna by her side but it wasn't the same. Whats the chances of them both ending up dateless? She couldn't believe it. She really thought she had it all figured out with Zack.

"This is the sadest moment of my life" Mac said. "How can i be prom queen if i don't have a king?" Deanna shrugged. "This is the worst day of my life"

"I doubt it is" Deanna muttered. Nothings worst then having your boyfriend find out you cheated. That's a bad day.

The girls found their seats and got together with their other friends. They mingled as they watched people come in. Ross came in alone, still wearing his suit with the light pink vest. She knew he was thinking about her. You can't just ignore a pink vest all night.

"Oh god" Joe said. "No offense but your ex-bitchs dress is hideous"

"It kind of is" Ross and Joe took a seat.

"Wheres the open bar and the food?" Joe asked.

"How high are you, honestly"

"Kind of really high" he said. "I can't get through the night without it"

"You better have more" Joe opened his suit jacket to expose the little pocket with a baggy sticking out.

"I got you"

Bryan came up behind the boys. "This is going to be a good night, i can tell"

"It better be, this suit is expensive"

...

Leena made her way over to Ross secretly holding Joe's flask in her hand. "Hey" she snuck the flask to him under the table.

"Joe?" he asked

"Of course"

"I'm having a shit time" he admitted. "And we've only been here for an hour"

"Wanna dance?" she asked

"Where's Sean?"

"Bathroom. It's 7:35" Ross smiled. "Drink up. Are you going to Karolina's after??"

"Maybe not"

"Why not?"

"No ammount of alcohol can make me feel better about this" Ross said.

"I think we should dance" Ross took a big sip from the flask before putting it in his jacket. Leena dragged Ross across the room to the dance floor. They got down. They slow danced, grinded (With Sean's supervision) and they just generally had a good time. Sean barely got anytime with her. He maybe got 2 slow songs out of the 10+ slow songs they played.

At the end of the night Ross was happy. He still wasn't all that happy about this situation but he was enjoying it.

Joe on the same note was enjoying himself. He was talking alot with AJ and Rory. They were so nice. It was nice knowing he had friends to look out for him.

"It's time to announce prom king and queen!" Mackenzie sunk down in her seat. Deanna signed. She honestly thought she had a chance to win considering her boyfriend is an actual junior.

"Instead of doing couples, we decided to pick the most charismatic pair we saw tonight. And they really out shined everyone even though they might not be having the greatest times recently. So your prom king and queen are...Ross Barne and Leena Warren!" Ross and Leena smiled as they hugged each other.

Best night ever.

...

"LET'S PARTY!!!!!!" Randy screamed at the top of his lungs. Karolina's party was getting out of control.

"How many people did you tell?" Karo asked Leena.

"Just Bryan, Ross and Joe" she said.

"How did Randy and his crew end up here?"

"Sohee obviously. He didn't even go to prom" Karo sighed.

"It won't be that bad" they heard glass break. "Or maybe not" Brooklyn came into the kitchen where the two girls were hiding in the pantry.

"Someone broke the front window"

"I'm fucking dead" Karo said.

"Hey" Leena picked up a glass bottle from the counter. "Let's drink!" Brooklyn and Karo were kind of confused. After all he went through she was going to drink? "Don't give me that look" Leena took a nice sip of the bitter sweet vodka. Brooklyn took the bottle next.

"What ever you say, Warren"

"Can we not" Karo took the bottle from Brooklyn before she could have a drink. "Half the school is at my house right now"

"If that' true, then we really do have a small school" Leena said.

Bryan walked into the kitchen. "Yo bro's, the front window is broken"

"We know" the girls said together.

"Where's Sohee?" Leena asked. Bryan shuffled through the bottle of alcohol for one that was empty.

"She left. She's meeting up with Lauren, Holly and Emma"

"That's random" Bryan shrugged.

"I don't care" he said. "I'm looking to get down and dirty" He picked up an empty bottle.

"Why the empty one?" Leena asked.

"I'm going to pretend i'm drunk" Bryan said. He chuckled. "Who do you think i am?" Bryan left the kitchen.

Evan walked into the kitchen after Bryan did. "Did you know Sean has an intolerance to cocaine?" Leena was immediately concerned.

"Someone has cocaine?" she asked. "Sean took cocaine?"

"Yeah" Evan said sadly. "Unfortunately Sean's not doing so hot" The girls ran out into the living room

...

Lauren picked up Sohee from Karolina's house party around midnight. The four girls drove around for a while before going to Holly' place.

"I can't believe this year is over" Lauren said. "It feels weird to say we're graaduating in two weeks"

"Agreed" Emma said. "But at least my euro trip is back on!" she exclaimed. "I bought the plane tickets last night. Canceling them would be a fortune"

"Where are you going in Europe?"

"First to England--we'll do an extensive tour of London, Bristol, Manchester and then we'll go to Scotland and visit Edinburgh. Then we're going to France for a week, Germany for a week, Spain for a week, Monaco for a few days, Denmark for a week and we might cross through Russia or Ukraine for a few days. And after we're done we'll live in Sweden for a month or so. Mike's so excited!"

"I bet he is" Lauren said. "He loves you so much"

"You think so? You think he loves me?"

"He absolutely adores you"

"It's going to be hard to say goodbye to all my friends when the summer ends" Sohee said. "How does one mak new friends?" Holly chuckled.

"It'll be hard but i think we'll be fine"

"Where are you going to college again, Hol?"

"Westfield with Sohee" the two girls smiled at each other. "And Lo you're going to Becker?" Lauren nodded. "And Emma's going to WSU in the spring" Sohee said.

"Remember, Lo, the first day we met Sohee?" Hol asked.

"Oh yeah" Lauren smiled. "You were the random new kid half way through the year who barely spoke proper english. And usually everyone wanted to be the new kids friends--but no one wanted to be your friend" Holly and Lauren laughed. Sohee rolled her eyes.

"What did you think of me?" Emma asked.

"I remember all the guys going crazy about you" Holly said. "And then i saw you and i understood all the hype. I was so jelly for awhile"

"I definately was jelly" Lauren said. "Every guy wanted you and every girl wanted to be you" Emma smiled.

"But i made fun of your accent with my friends, sorry" Sohee said. Emma smiled and shrugged.

"Oh well"

"I can't believe we're graduating" Lauren said. "I don't know if i'm ready for the real world"

"I know i'm not ready" Holly said.

"Just call us if you need help" Emma said. "I might be in another country but i'm good with advice"

"I'm going to miss you guys!" Sohee started a big group hug in Holly's room.

...