I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Sleeping and Band practice.

Pt. 8

We got home and went upstairs.

“I think I might need to sleep on the couch.”

“You can sleep up here what are you talking about?”

“I mean your mom and dad might not like it.”

“I don’t care. I need you up here.”

“Ok I’ll stay up here.”

“Thanks.” I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to change. When I came back to my room Frank was in his boxers looking at my walls.

“Nice taste.”

“Thanks…ya know your band’s poster is going to be right here when you make it.” I said putting my hand where there was a bare spot.

“Making a place already?”

“Of course.” Just then Sasha appeared in the door jam of my room.

“I told you not to do anything stupid.”

“And I said I wouldn’t and I’m not…”

“Then what is this?”

“Long story.”

“Tell me.” So I sat her down on my bed and Frank and me explained what happened and why I needed him there.

“Fine but seriously though. You try it and your dead!” She said shaking her finger in Frank’s face.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Night y’all.”

“Night!” Frank and I yelled/whispered. That turned into a giggle fit, which turned into a laughing attack. It was probably the skittles, but we finally stopped.

“I love you babe.”

“I love you too Frankie.”

“I have band practice at Gerard’s house tomorrow. Do you wanna go?”

“Yea!” he laughed at that.

“Ok well let’s sleep kay?”

“Kay.” I replied. We went to bed in each other’s arms. When we woke up we went downstairs for breakfast.

“Mom put the skittles in the freezer!” I squealed.

“Cool get ‘em.”

“My parents are never home.” I said getting them out.

“Actually they left a note last night saying that they had to go to a conference meeting in Florida yesterday, and won’t be home ‘til next week sometime. They also told me that I needed to keep an eye on you and Frank.”

“Lord have mercy. We have everybody watching us!”

“Yea really.” Frank agreed.

“Whatever y’all.”

“Yea so when’s band practice?”

“Couple hours or so.”

“I’m going to go get ready.” I said while walking up the stairs. I got to my room and threw on a red and white striped shirt w/ black borders and some black jeans with my red converse.

“I have an idea!” I yelled running down the stairs.

“What?”

“Let’s go wake Gerard and Mikey up!”

“Yea!” We all started out the door towards the Way household. We knocked on the door quietly. Mrs. Way came to the door.

“Hello Frank. Hello Rylee. Hello Sasha. Gerard and Mikey aren’t up yet.”

“We know. Can we do the honors?” I asked.

“Good luck.”

We tiptoed up the stairs to their rooms. Mikey was first. I ran and jumped on him.

“Get up you little lazy freaker!” I yelled in his ear.

“Huh? What? What happened?”

“Get up!”

“Ok I’m up!” Gerard was next. We tiptoed across the hall towards his room. We opened the door and gasped. He was cutting all over.

“MAN! You said you had stopped this!” Frank yelled. He looked up then back down and kept on. I ran over to him and took the razor away that he was using.

“You don’t have to do this Gerard. You really don’t.”

“Yes I do.”

“No you don’t. Do you know why I moved here?”

“No.”

“Two things: I got braces-“

“That’s not a big deal.”

“Let me finish!” I snapped. “My boyfriend-“

“You have a boyfriend!” Frank yelled.

“LET ME FINISH! It’s hard enough for me to tell you this! I’m not comfortable with calling him my ex right yet. The REASON for that is that…he died! I used to cut all the time an-“

“You did what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Sorry.” Sasha interrupted.

I sighed. “Braeden always tried to get me to stop and finally got through to me and I stopped. He sent me a note and a c.d. before he died. His parents abused him and he was picked on way too much. I have the note right here.” I said taking it out of my pocketbook and starting reading it.

“To my one and only love Rylee,
I love you. Don’t try to find me. I need to do this. It’ll be too late anyways. You’re gorgeous and will find somebody else. There’s too many problems in my life. Whatever you do, do NOT relapse. I don’t want you to cut again. You’re too beautiful for that. You’re too beautiful for words. I will never forget you.
-forever yours…Braeden.” By this time I was crying. “He shot himself. I just know it. He always told me that if he ever killed himself he would shoot himself. He did it somewhere where nobody knew. Not even me. I love him.”

“I’m so sorry.” Frank soothed.

“He slipped another piece of paper into that one. It had lyrics he had made for me on it. It’s framed. On my wall. In my room.”

“Not to be disrespectful, I’m really sorry but what is the relation to that story and me cutting?”

“None taken. I didn’t relapse. I never cut after I found that note. That’s the worst thing to happen to anyone in my opinion, to lose your love and I didn’t cut during that. At all.”

“Fine. I’ll try to stop.”

“Thank you!” I yelled and tackled him.

“Just to know, can we see the lyrics?” Frank asked.

“Sure! You could use them if you want…I’ll go get them now!” I ran out of Gerard and Mikey’s house and went to mine. I ran in my room and got the lyrics off my wall. I ran back to their house and handed the lyrics to Gerard.

“Hey guys listen!” He read them aloud.

You’ll carry on,
You’ll carry on,
And though I’m dead and gone believe me,
My memory will carry on,
Will carry on,
And though I’m broken and defeated,
My weary widow marches on.


“I like to change some of it, like you’ll to we’ll, I’m to you’re, and my to your.”

“Let me see…” He read them off. Only now they were fixed like I said.

We’ll carry on,
We’ll carry on, And though your dead and gone believe me,
Your memory will carry on,
Will carry on,
And though your broken and defeated,
Your weary widow marches on.