The House Next Door.

Keeping secrets

Addison was caught.

Just tell the truth. Marcy is your best friend Addison rambled with herself as Marcy stood bewildered.

"I uh.." Addison began and summoned up a reason for her behavior. "I.."

"What the hell is going on?" Marcy demanded in a hush tone.

Addison sighed and rubbed the back of her palm to her eyelids. "I wanted to tell you for all this time-"

"Tell me what?" Marcy asked quietly.

"I like him" Addison whispered and a tear escaped and she looked to Marcy hopelessly.

Marcy expression was calm and a shoulder was raised. "Okay?".

"It's more than that"

"Okay" Marcy nodded and took a step toward her friend. "You have feelings for him. That's understandable"

"I love him Marcy" Addison said and fumbled with her hands to keep from crying. "I'm hopeless"

"Oh" Marcy swallowed. "Has he..?"

Addison swallowed the ginormous lump in her throat. "No. Of course not". It was a lie but on her part it was the truth. "I'm a psychotic teenager".

Marcy eyebrows pulled together. "What were you doing?"

"I was watching him".

"That's borderline being a stalker" Marcy whispered harshly and grabbed her, pulling Addison to her bed.

Addison chest tightened. She chose to lie to her best friend in the entire world. The tears still came and Addison did not know how to stop. "I'm sorry"

"It's okay. I mean who wants to admit such a act?" Marcy mumbled and slowly raised her lips to a smile.

Addison caught her breathe and laughed feeling some sort of weight being lift off.

"You love him?"

Addison nodded.

"Mr Hardy loves you too. It's obvious you're his favorite" Marcy said calmly.

Addison eyes widened and she peered at Marcy. "You can't say that" she whispered.

Marcy rolled her eyes. "Your birthday is in less than a month. You'll be eighteen and the possibilities are endless".

Addison tried to comprehend Marcy words. "Are you telling me to--"

"I'm telling you to chase after him as he is the most sexiest thing I ever witness".

Addison processed and nodded slowly. "You're more crazier than I am".

"We just know of the possibilities" Marcy whispered.

Addison became silent then and Marcy wrapped her arm around Addison shoulders. "Be careful".

"I am, trust me" Addison murmured.

"He does love you doesn't he?" Marcy whispered.

Addison closed her eyes tightly and pressed her lips together.

"I know" Marcy squeezed her tightly.

"I'll keep your secret as you'll keep my secret"

Addison glanced quickly at Marcy. "Secret? What's wrong?"

Marcy slowly smiled and her eyes began to tear up. "There was a reason of coming over here so late".

"Tell me what's wrong?" Addison demanded and moved closer to Marcy.

Marcy covered her face with her hands and Addison heard light sobs.

"I'm pregnant"
___________________________

Addison sat on the bleachers alone during lunch hour and she peered forward seeing nothing in particular.
She kept her thoughts timid. Addison wanted to cry and throw her fist around.

Addison thought traveled to last night as her friend sat hysterically crying in her bedroom.

"You're pregnant..?" Addison questioned puzzled.

"Yes" Marcy sobbed.

"How-" Addison erupted midway as Marcy began to glare at her. "Okay, well .. How long did you know?"

"I just found out" Marcy sniffed and wiped her nose clean of the snot. "I came here right away".

"Henry doesn't know?" Addison asked.

"Not yet" Marcy answered.

"You need to tell him. What are you thinking?" Addison asked hesitant. Dealing with Marcy, Addison never knew her thought process.

"I really don't know. Can I have a baby?" Marcy said sourly. "I'm seventeen".

"I'll be here for you every step. No matter what you decide"

"Abortion" Marcy met her gaze and whispered the words. "I can't" Marcy cried. "My family are bible thumpers".

Addison cringed at the term.

"I'm having a baby" Marcy stated. "Holy shit".

"That's what I'm thinking" Addison smiled. Marcy returned the gesture and the friends laid down until Marcy shifted to peer in to her eyes. "I love you Addy"

"And I love you"


Addison rested her chin to her knees and sighed.

"You seem sadden in some way"

Addison kept her gaze ahead but her lips quivered to hear his accent close to her ear. "I am" Addison told Mr Hardy.

Mr Hardy sat. "Someone might see you" Addison murmured.

The bleachers were empty as the students were in the cafeteria hiding from the cold fall air. Mr Hardy chuckled and peeked at her.

"What's wrong?" He asked murmuring and Addison chest tightened to know this man actually cared for her feeling. It was all in his tone.

"I have something to tell you" Addison said.

"It must be awful since you been dodging me and my class for the day" Mr Hardy said smiling.

Addison winced. "For a good reason to".

His gaze narrowed and his expression hardened. "Addison, what's wrong?" He grew worried and it caused his tone to be stern.

"Marcy knows" Addison spitted out.

Addison shifted to peer at his expression- Mr Hardy face was calm as so was his eyes.
Addison puckered her eyebrow staring at him. "Marcy knows" she repeated.

"It was only a matter of time" Mr Hardy said lightly.

Addison cleared her throat. "You're not mad nor worried?".

"'Course not" He shook his head. "Unless you are" Mr Hardy met her eyes forcibly.

"I'm not" Addison said matter of fact. "Marcy is my best friend and she wouldn't do that to us".

Mr Hardy silently mused over Addison words.
us held a new meaning to the pair and he held in his discomfort in Marcy actually knowing.
The only positive outcome was Addison not hiding any secrets from her best friend and Edward knew this caused the sadness to be seen in Addison eyes- Edward was relieved for Addison.

"There's something else" Mr Hardy murmured.

Addison clasped her hands and peered at him. "It's not my business to tell you".

Mr Hardy eyes grew wide and he raised a eyebrow at Addison. He poked her teasingly. "Cheeky".

Addison frowned and Mr Hardy leaned in. "Having you frown the entire day causes me discomfort in mine. You can tell me anything" He said.

Addison fidgeted. "Marcy cannot know that you know".

Having known what's the topic of discussion was about, Mr Hardy pursed his lips. "Marcy can come to me. If there is something wrong you can tell me. I'm a teacher and it's my job-"

"She's pregnant"

Mr Hardy stopped speaking and his mouth stayed slightly open. "Oh" he said.

Mr Hardy saw the tears forming and his hand clench purposely in a fist. He wanted to comfort her but it wasn't the appropriate time in doing so.
His expression hardened seeming torn but slowly softened as Addison peered to him.

"I'm scared for her"

Mr Hardy mouth twitched. "Marcy will be okay. What is her decision?"

Addison posture straightened and she gathered her breathes to speak the words. "She's having the baby".
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think.