The House Next Door.

The countdown.

A single month has past

Addison clenched her hands around the decorations box of the winter dance and juggled the box to her hip. She walked in the gym and approached the closet carefully pulling at the chain that held the light.
Addison lifted the box above and inched toward the shelf on her heels. She carefully placed the box and smiled to herself. She began humming and turned slightly.

Addison jumped peering directly into mystic blue orbs. Addison shuffled on one foot than another. Mr Hardy, seeming amused raised his lips. Growing annoyed at the situation, Addison pushed past him and approached Marcy, who was painting the banner.

"What was that?" Marcy asked nonchalant without looking to Addison.

"Awkwardness" Addison whispered.

"I bet" Marcy said. "Student and teacher relation. Student falling hopelessly in love and teacher stringing the rope to only chop it leaving the student to cry in her bedroom for a month" Marcy amusedly reminded. "Thirty long dreadful days".

Addison glared and yanked a brush beginning to paint. "Thank you" Addison bitterly said.

"All I'm saying is the man broke up with you.." It sounded more of a question to Addison.

Addison sighed deeply. "More or less" she said. "I'm better off. I get to move on and literally focus on myself". Addison lacked confidence as she spoke.
Marcy nodded along and let out a soft "Amen".

Addison smirked and painted the outline of the banner. "I can't believe you're having a baby". Addison chose to change the subject and Marcy didn't notice. If 'baby' was brought up Marcy fixated on that topic. Addison held in her amusement.

"I can't believe my family is happy about it" Marcy said. The Jared household chose to look at the situation as a miracle and both girls were relived. Especially Henry, who spoke a noble speech of being there for Marcy. It was all a relief to the seniors in high school.

"I want it to be a girl" Addison said. "Possibly a little Addison?" She smiled.

"Nah. I want a boy" Marcy scrunched her nose. "Name him Benjamin John".

Addison smiled sincerely. "Benjamin John. I love it".

"Good. You're the godmother" Marcy grinned. Addison returned the grin with a gleeful giggle of excitement.

"I really-" Addison began but halted to meet Mr Hardy gaze.

"It's four o'clock" Mr Hardy called to the girls. Marcy heaved herself up resting her hand on her abdomen. "I'm so tired. I'll see you later".

Addison nodded. She began to clean things up and collect her things. Addison halted and closed her eyes to sense him. "Yes?" She asked with her back turned to him.

Addison bravely peered around to stare. "Thank you for helping" Mr Hardy smiled politely.

Addison looked at him closely. "You're welcome" she said confusedly. The last time the ex couple spoke personally was about two weeks ago. Addison's feelings were still hurt.

"I want to speak to you about you running off and leaving me in the meadow" Mr Hardy said confidently and a smile broke as he spoke.

Addison smiled as well. "I do not" she said keeping her voice calm.

Mr Hardy laughed. "Darling, you took what I said and molded it into what you wanted".

Addison eyes narrowed. She steadied her breathe. "You're leaving me" she said softly.

Mr Hardy features change dramatically. He expressed softness and now, his face smoldered. "Define leaving" he spoke briskly.

"I took it as how I felt" Addison was surprised of the lack of tears she was having. "Heartbroken" A scoff escaped her lips. "I may be seventeen but I know what love is. I felt it with you" A brim of tears watered her eyelids and Addison blinked. She didn't think she could cry anymore. But the tears came.

"Addison" Mr Hardy jaw shook under his skin. "I can't-".

"You made the choice. You can't undo it" A bitter smile rose to her lips. "London was always your home. I was stupid to think you would stay" she said.

"I never left you. You left me. Ran away. We have months until graduation" Mr Hardy inched toward her.

Addison flinched. "I can't do that to us. I want endless of time with you. Don't you get that? We have a countdown. I don't want that." She inched to the side and walk around him.

"So you're going to choose to ignore me for the remaining months I'm here?" His voice held anger and desperation.

"I was never ignoring you. I been trying to think of a reason to why you would leave me. Why did you say yes?" She peered up and narrowed her gaze to his lips.

Addison walked away choosing to not to hear his explanation. It would hurt worse, knowing there was something, or a person holding him back. Addison didn't want to be selfish anymore.
Edward chose a path that Addison wasn't on. It's life and .. life moves on with or without you
________________________________

Addison returned to school and her dismay and sadness left her in a haze. She blankly attended classes and after school. Addison was physically there but not mentally. It left everyone else to wonder what was wrong.

Mr Hardy noticed the behavior of Addison instantly. She dazed off and between classes she walked alone. It brought frustration to himself, to know he was the one to blame.

The dismissal of the bell caused the student body to exit the building for the day. He sought her out quickly and spotted her instantly.
Mr Hardy zeroed in on the black sweater and it was familiar, it brought a smirk to his lips.

"Miss Frost" He called and Addison froze, almost shocked to hear her name being called from his lips.

Addison widely turned and he noticed the black circle under her eyelids. The girl lacked sleep. Mr Hardy waved her over. Addison slowly approached him.

"I need your assistance in the gym" Mr Hardy informed.

A twitched seemed to appear on her lips. Addison lowered her head in a nod.
The pair walked silently towards the gym. Mr Hardy played with the key to his classroom around his finger. His gaze seemed to fall on the absolute beautiful girl beside him.

Addison chose to ignore the fact of dance committee was not today. She followed him to the gym.
Addison felt a hysteria bubble erupt and she wondered what he was thinking then.

The gym doors closed with a loud shut behind and Mr Hardy walked to stand in front of her.

"Hi" he said.

Addison bit down on her smile. In this moment he seemed less of man and more of a nervous boy. "Is there a reason why you took me here?" She wondered.

"Of course" his plump lips curved. "I want to say a few things. If you don't mind".

"I don't" Addison uttered.

Mr Hardy smiled sweetly. "I would love to share with you that chose to take the job in London for Louis's benefit".

Addison nodded and fumbled with her hands. "I'm sorry. I don't need a explanation. You have a family that you need to think of".

Shouldn't that of been obvious? What has gotten into her? Addison wondered that bleakly.

"But you're sad" Mr Hardy pointed.

"I'm sad only because I'm going to miss you terribly" Addison said with a shaky laugh. "A lot actually" the realization was back with the pain of knowing she was loosing him.

"There planes. Tickets to be bought. That's not a problem Darling" Mr Hardy distress.

Addison held her breath and furrowed her brow. "We both have commitments. If we are oceans away from another, how could that even be solved?" She asked him sadly.

"Sure it can. Realize what I'm saying Addison Frost" Mr Hardy scolded her. He leaned in toward her. "You're worth the expensive plane ticket. You're worth the wait".

Addison swallowed and comprehended his words thoughtfully. "But how could-".

"Stop" Mr Hardy snapped. "You're seventeen please act like a carefree girl that's in love" he sighed.

"Being in love is painful" Addison said.

"It's not suppose to be painful" Mr Hardy said softly.

"Pain of knowing I'm not going to see you everyday" Addison let out.

"You don't think I feel that too?" Mr Hardy asked bitterly.

Addison raised her shoulders and peered at him desperately. "I don't know".

"You took this whole situation differently than I. I never meant for you to run away or think I didn't want you anymore" Mr Hardy hissed.

Addison wanted to apologize.
Apologize for being a adolescent and love, it can make a person insane with insecurities.

"Don't think of the time we have left, just think of us and the present".

Addison nodded.

"Are you no longer sad?"

Addison met his gaze and frowned.

Mr Hardy brushed his hand to hers and slowly pulled her to his chest. Addison closed her eyelids tightly.
Mr Hardy soothed her hair and pressed his lips to her long wavy hair.

"I love you"

It was the first to second last time Edward Hardy would ever say to Addison frost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you all think of the new chapter.

Thank you for reading. ❤️