Status: complete bitches

I Will Soon Forget the Color of Your Eyes

Monster, How Should I Feel?

Vic’s P.O.V.

I woke up in our tent alone. The sunlight peeks through a tiny hole in the zipper opening illuminating the entire tent and I decide to fully wake up. Where in the living heck is Kellin? I walk to my bag at the side edge of the bed and pick up my phone to see what time it is. It’s only nine in the morning, maybe he went to take a leak or something, I don’t know. My phone buzzes signifying that I have a new text message. I open it and note that it’s from the boy I was just thinking about.

Good morning, love. Meet me at the dock; I have something to tell you.

Smiling at the text, I rummage through my bag and pull on some sweatpants and a random t-shirt before heading out the tent to meet my boyfriend. When I go there, he was nowhere nearby, so I just stand near the edge, looking at the beautiful water before me. This lake holds so many memories, bad and good. It doesn’t matter about the bad, because Kellin and I are definitely creating some good ones, if you catch my drift. I blush to myself at cover my face in my hands.

I hear a clearing of the throat. Excitedly, I turn around expecting to see Kellin with something like a present, but boy, am I up for a surprise. At the land clad end of the dock, I see Trisha grinning mischievously in my direction with a pocketknife in her hand. Holy shit, is she going to stab me? I subconsciously take a step back, but I remember that I am standing at the edge of the dock.

“Hello, Victor,” Trisha purrs. She takes a step forward and I flinch, earning a sickening chuckle from the devil bitch herself. “Why so jumpy? Oh, you were expecting Kellin, weren’t you?” She asks, feigning sweetness.

“A little,” I try to keep a strong front, but with a teenage girl with manic lacing her eyes and a pocketknife securely placed in her hand, it’s kind of hard.

“Oh well, he’s a little busy right now,” she steps closer with every word. “See, I see what you have been doing to my brother, Vic,” she stops just a few feet from me. “And I sure as hell don’t like it.” Cocking her head slightly to the left, she strokes the pocketknife with her index finger close to her chest. She looks me in my defective eyes and bares her teeth. Yeah, this girl is definitely insane.

“It’s not my fault he decided to infatuate himself with me,” I state, struggling to keep my cool as Trisha plays with the knife. I’m terribly afraid of what she’s going to do.

“Oh oh oh,” she sniggers. “Yes it is. Had you never been born, none of this would have happened, and I wouldn’t be here about to end your existence, now would I?” Holy fucking shit, Trisha is trying to kill me? “Now, I’m giving you an ultimatum. Either leave Kellin alone, or pay the consequences.” Is this chick serious right now? All confidence I had is gone now; I am truly petrified.

“I c-can’t do that,” I stammer. Way to not show how scared you are, Vic. Wonderful job. “I’m in love with him, and he’s in love with m-me.”

“LIAR!” Trisha lunges at me knife first and slices me clean on the neck. Blood trickles down my neck and she stands there laughing maniacally.

“What the fuck Trisha?!”

“Bye, freak,” and with that she pushes me into the lake.

Water consumes me and seeps into my open wound. I gasp out in pain only to breathe in heavy salt water. I see Trisha’s silhouette retreat back to the land as I descend into the darkness. Normally, I would ascend to the surface, but for some reason, my body won’t cooperate with me. I can feel the skin of the wound opening more as I struggle and I arch my back in agony. Bad mistake, for when I do, I hit my head on a jagged rock with immense force. Peace flows through my bloodstream and the blue that once surrounded me is now fading to black.

-

Kellin’s P.O.V.

Trisha told me that mom needed help, so I go to her to see her struggling with firewood. I rush over to her and take the firewood in my arms, smiling at her on the way to the bonfire pit.

“Thanks honey,” she smiled. I nodded and got the rest of the wood and placed it in the correct area. As much as I love my mother, I love Vic a bit more, so I admit to rushing to meet up with him like I said I would.

“Whoa there, Speedy Gonzales,” Mom laughs. I stop halfway to the firewood and relax my stance. I laugh at myself and head back to the bench and sit next to my mother. She lays her head on my shoulder and I place my head on hers.

“Sorry Mom,” I sigh. “It’s just that I am going to meet Vic at the dock, but Trisha told me you needed help, so here I am.” Mom lifts her head up and looks at me, her face contorted in confusion.

“I asked Trisha to help me so you could keep Vic company,” Mom explained. “Where’s Trisha?”

“She said that she’ll keep take care of Vic while I help you,” I realize what a terrible mistake that is. I jumped up a bit and the action startled Mom. “Sorry, Mom. I’ll be right back.”

“Is everything okay?” She worries. I turn and start jogging towards the dock. I sure hope so. I ran as fast as I could, but ended up colliding with my sister. She had this wicked grin plastered on her face and I feel my stomach drop in fear. I grab her by the shoulder; half of the reason to balance her, the other half to seem menacing. I stare her in the eyes and she tries to avert her gaze but fails.

“Where’s Vic?” I shake her slightly.

“I took care of him, remember?” Trisha smirked evilly. I peered into her eyes and found pure hatred. As much as I want to slap her, I can’t. Not only is she a girl, but she is also my sister. I just push her away from and continue my way to the dock to find my boyfriend (hopefully) safe and unharmed. When I got there, no one even grazed the dock and the water was calm. Maybe he just left; maybe he avoided Trisha. All those thoughts came to a screeching halt when I see a familiar head of wavy brown hair floating in the serene water. It’s sort of sickening how much peace is contained in that giant puddle. It’s as if he’s dead. Holy shit, what if he’s dead?

Instinctively, I plunge into the water, fully clothed and frantically try to find the boy I’ve grown to love. His body bobs in the water a few feet away. I swim over to him, throw him over my shoulder and swim back to the dock. I place him gently onto the edge while struggling to get back on myself. As soon as I gain my composure, I grab Vic and hold him into my arms, assessing the damage. He has a small, yet deep gash in his neck near his throat, and his skin is ghostly pale and cold to the touch; probably from the water and lack of blood. I lay him back down gently and it is then I notice the blood that covers the hand where Vic’s head was. No, no, no, this can’t be happening. I lift Vic’s head up gently to see a wound in his head. Shit, he must have hit it. Panic floods my body and I apply pressure to the bleeding wound in my baby’s precious head.

“Mom!!!” I scream. “Mom, please help!!!” A few minutes pass before I hear my mom running to my location. Her eyes widen in terror and she shakily pulls out her phone and fusses at, who hopefully is, the paramedics. My eyes wander back to the beloved boy beneath me. What am I going to do without him? Is this what I deserve for abandoning him and terrorizing him for most of our school years? I swore that I’d protect him, but look where we are right this second. I left him alone with Trisha and now he is probably dead. This is my entire fault. All of this unnecessary bullshit happened because I found his special quality flawed. Oh, the things I’d give to see his beautiful eyes one more time.

“Please spare this beautiful soul,” I whisper to the sky to whatever being resides there.

It took about twenty minutes for the paramedics to show up to the camp site, and about ten more minutes for them to pry Vic away from me. Once they took him to the nearest hospital, my mother and I sat in an uncomfortable silence. She hugs me tightly and I cry against her chest as I experience two different emotions. Sadness, because my poor boyfriend is seriously hurt and anger because I know exactly who did this to him. Mom suggested that it’s about time to leave and that I should go pack up my stuff and Vic’s while she calls the Fuentes’. I nod and detach myself from her, heading to my tent. I hastily pack up our belongings and head to the tent across from ours, anger boiling. Trisha, that fucking bitch. Why would she do something so evil, so cruel?

I throw open the ten and startle both Nicole and Trisha. Trisha calms, smiles at me and proceeds to chuckle like something is funny. Nicole looks bewildered. She stands up and walks towards me.

“Kellin, we heard the ambulances, what happened? Is everyone okay?” Nicole places her hand on my shoulder lovingly and out of pure compassion and concern. I’m so sorry she has to be friends with that… that monster.

“Ask your fucking friend,” I snarl at Trisha who just appears nonchalant. Does she not feel any type of remorse for the horrible act she committed? Nicole’s eyes fill with confusion as she turns to her best friend.

“Trisha,” she condescends. “What did you do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I'm Lani, and this is my first chapter of writing for this fic, yay!!! Hello, how are ya? I love you.

Anyways, I'm sorry for this chapter.
I'm sorry for your sad and Trisha's deviousness.

Sorry TrishTrish for making you seem like a psycho-bitch.

Sorry for my shit writing too; but I hope you all enjoy the story so far!!!!

Stay golden xx