There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left to Say Chapter 2

The alarm clock next went off and I hit the snooze button as I felt Antonio shift. I rolled over and slowly opened my eyes to see my fiancé, lying next to me. I smiled at myself and cuddled next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead.
“Morning,” he said before opening his eyes.
“Morning fiancé,” I said grinning.
Antonio chuckled and ran his hand through his hair, “I like the sound of that”.
“Me too,” I said getting on top of him.
“Round 3?” he asked kissing me.
I pulled away slowly and gave him a sad smile. “Don’t you have training soon?”
“I can be late.”
“Rebel huh?”
Antonio grinned and kissed me again.
******
I sat down on the couch with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with fresh fruit. I had just finished cleaning the house and was ready to vegetate on the sofa. I turned on the TV and the first thing I see is a Victoria Secret commercial. I rolled my eyes and changed the channel. I flicked around as I ate my grapes. I stopped at sports center and turned up the volume.
“So today is Jake West’s first day with the Ravens,” one of the anchors said. “I really think he can help this team. He’s fast-” I changed the channel. The last thing I wanted to hear is how great Jake is.
Bastard.
I turn down the T.V. and picked up the phone. I still had to call my extended family and tell them about the good news.
*****
“Hey babe!” I said getting into my car.
“Hey honey!” Antonio said on the other line, I could hear the men in the locker room.
“Are you coming straight home or are you staying a little?”
“We were going to play some ball.”
“Great, I’ll be there soon. Love you!” I said quickly hanging up. I pulled out the drive way and headed to the field.

[Jake’s Point Of View]

“Hey!” I looked up and there were a bunch of my new teammates.
“Hey,” I said taking off my shirt.
“We were going to play a game for fun. You in?” Ryan asked.
“Sure why not,” I said putting my shirt back on. “I don’t need pads do I?”
“Nah, dude, we’re doing good old fashioned high school gym class football.” Charlie said.
“With flags,” Blake chimed in handing me a flag.
I laughed and took the flag. “Sounds good, I’ll meet you guys out there,” I said as I tucked the flag in my shorts.
“Bitchin’,” Charlie said as the guys headed outside.
“Tony! Get your ass off the phone!” Tucker yelled.
“Sorry my fiancé called.” He said grinning.
“She said yes?”
“I put a ring on it,” Antonio grinned.
“Congrats bro,” Tucker turned to me, “He’s lady is a babe!”
Antonio laughed as Tucker ran out of the room. “She said yes!”
“Congratulations,” I said shaking Antonio’s hand.
“Thanks man, I think she’s stopping by.”
“She likes football?” I asked as we made our way out of the locker room.
“Yeah…” he paused. “she used to play,” he said just before the guys bombarded him.
They made Antonito and I think his name was Joe captain. I was on Antonito’s team and we were skins and Joe’s team was shirts. Since Antonito was engaged we got position first.
“I hope we’re playing with flags or something!”
We all looked up and there was a woman walking on the field. Antonito ran over to her and hugged her; must be his fiancé.
The rest of the team went over and congratulated them. I felt awkward just standing there so I went over to join them.
Tucker was right, she was a babe. She looked really familiar.
I kept staring at her trying to finger out where I knew her from. She locked eyes with me and she smile went away.
I know that look…
She forced a smile and turned her head.
Wait…No…”Toni?”

[Toni’s Point Of View]

What was he doing here?
Antonito could have warned me. I guess he thought seeing Jake won’t bother me.
Seeing my first real love wasn’t easy, over him or not.
“Toni?”
I sighed and looked over at him. “I was wondering when you were going to recognize me.”
“You look different…and great,” he said looking me over.
“You haven’t changed.”
“So is it you I’m seeing all over T.V.?” he asked. “I thought it was Janet.”
“It’s me.” I said grinning.
“You two know each other?” Tucker asked looking between us.
“Yeah, we were teammates,” I said.
“Well you’re going to be teammates again,” Antonio said. “I call the hot blond on my team.”
I laughed. “I haven’t played in a while.”
“Bullshit, you helped me practice a few days ago.”
“Whatever,” I said taking my shirt off. Once again I was one of the guys.