There's Nothing Left to Say

There's Nothing Left To Say Chapter 4

After a nice long soak in the bath and a massage from Antonio I had forgotten all about Jake. We sent the rest of the day planning our wedding. He wanted the team to be at the wedding along with the coaches and I was fine with that. I just wanted my family and close friends to be invited. We deiced that we’d get married after the super bowl, since our family and friends would already be in town.
Antonio was on the phone with the manager of one of the wedding halls that he wanted us to get married at while I was on the phone with Cake Boss trying to get our wedding cake figured out. I was put on hold and was pacing around the living room. I glanced down at my wedding ring and smiled to myself. I looked up at Antonio and smiled at him. That was my future, he was going to be my husband in a few months. I instantly got giddy and hurried over to him.
“What about the week after the super bowl?” He asked placing his hands on his hips. I put my arm around him and stood on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the neck before I rested my chin on his shoulder. I saw him smile and then he turned around and placed his arm around me.
“You do have a day available?” he said with a toothy smile. He motioned for me to get him a pen and paper. I broke out of his hold and hurried into the kitchen and grabbed the calendar and a sharpie. I handed it to Antonio and he took it quickly and rapidly flipped through it to February. “What day did you say?” he asked before pulling the top off the sharpie. “Thursday?” he asked smiling. “Perfect” he said circling the 12TH of February. I did a little dance as the lady over the phone came back on. “Hello? Ms. Ryan?”
“Hi!” I said walking into the kitchen.
“What day would you like to come in for the cake tasting?”
“Um…hold on” I said looking at my fiancé. “Honey, what time can you come cake tasting with me?” I asked removing the phone away from my mouth.
“Anytime next weekend as long as it’s not in the morning”.
“How does next Saturday sound? We’ll have to go to New York though” I said as he hung up the phone.
“That’s fine,” he said putting his arms around me. “We can make a day of it,” he kissed my forehead as I put the phone back to my ear. “Does Saturday at 1 work for you?” I asked her.
“That’s actually perfect,” the lady said, I could hear the smile in her voice. “I’ll put you in the system now. How many people will be there?”
“Um… probably just me and my fiancé” I said smiling at Antonio.
“Sounds great, Ms. Ryan, we’ll look forward to meeting the both of you”.
“Same here, have a great day!”
“You too,” she said before hanging up the phone.
I hung up too and gave Antonio a kiss. He smiled and picked me up and led me upstairs.
*******
I sat next to Janet, Joel and Liam in the bleachers with a shit ton of snacks. We were at the Ravens first game of the season and were fully prepared to cheer on the Ravens. We made signs for Antonio and everything. Janet and I munched on our popcorn while we waited for the game to start.
“So!” she said suddenly. “When is the wedding?”
“February on the 12th,” I said smiling. “Don’t worry you’ll get a save the date. I have to make them this weekend.”
“Good, good,” she said turning to Joel she feed him a piece of popcorn.
“So I heard Jake got traded,” Liam said taking some popcorn.
“Yeah…” I said facing the field. “I told him to stay away from me”.
“Good,” Liam said as he took out his phone.
I sighed and continued to eat my popcorn and waited for the game to start.
*******
“GO!” everyone seemed to yell at the same time. Jake had the ball and was sprinting down the field. The Ravens needed this goal to tie up the game, the field goal after would make them win.
Janet and the guys and I were on our feet jumping and shouting for Jake to run faster. One of the Saints’ players were on his ass and ready to tackle him. There wasn’t enough time on the clock for them to reset up if Jake was tackled.
“Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!” I yelled as he got closer and closer to the end zone. The announcers were going nuts as he got closer and closer to the end zone. One of the Ravens’ players tackled the Saints’ player and Jake pretty much walked to the end zone. He threw the ball down and did his infamous dance.
The crowd cheered; it almost sounded like thunder.
The rest of the Ravens joined Jake at the end zone to celebrate their first victory.
I saw Antonio took off his helmet and waved in my direction like he usually did. I waved back knowing that he probably couldn’t see me. He smiled and blew a kiss before joining his team.

******
“Let’s go Ravens!” the whole team cheered as everyone cheered and drank there beer. We were all at the bar celebrating the first win of the season.
“They won’t beat us Cowboys through,” Joel said as Janet gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“You wish,” Antonio said before putting his beer to his lips.
“Joel! Liam!” Jake said rushing over to them.
“Jake!” the two men said embracing Jake in a group hug.
“It’s been too long man,” Liam said as they separated.
“I know! I’ll buy the next round,” Jake said brushing passed me.
The others cheered and Janet and I left them to catch up.
“So…” Janet said as we sat down. “How weird is it?”
I rolled my eyes, “I’ll get used to it.”
“Just be smart,” Janet said sipping her beer.
“Yeah yeah yeah…” I said taking a sip of mine.