When Mama Met Papa

Chapter 5

A couple of hours before Tim was due to pick me up I sat in my office slowly writing up my female lead for the book I would officially begin tomorrow. She was taking shape nicely. I already had a basic profile for my protagonist. I didn’t yet have a name but I was working through finding it as I wrote her up.

I had done the smart thing and set an alarm out of my reach so that I would have to get up to turn it off. I did that when I needed to be ready for something on time. So as it went off I first jumped, then saved the document I was working on and got up. I felt my shoulders and back pop as I walked into the kitchen and turned off the alarm. The kitchen was a great place to put the loudest alarm I could find, lots of tile to bounce the sound off of. I placed the alarm back in its spot in the cupboard and headed upstairs.

A few minutes before 7, I was suddenly really nervous. I hadn’t been all day but now the butterflies were fluttering. That’s when I noticed a new car in my driveway. He was early; I liked that. I went over and opened the door. “Hi, come on in.” He did, then he handed me a lovely bouquet of flowers. I had been too long since my last date by far as I blushed and gently took them. “Thank you. I’ll go put these in water and we can go.”

He patiently waited while I did so and as I was coming back I saw that he was smiling. “You look beautiful.” My blush deepened.

I looked up at him after feeling my cheeks even out again. “You’re such a charmer.” I said rather wryly. He offered me his arm and walked me to the door. After locking my door he walked me to his car and held the door as I got in. Before I got in, I looked at him and smiled again. “Are you as nervous as I am?” I tried to _not_ hysterically giggle.

He smiled nervously as I got into the car. “Probably more so.” He admitted as he let go of the door and moved around to the driver’s seat. Once he was back in the car we were smiling at each other.

“At least we can be honest about it though. That counts for something.” I checked my seat belt and asked what I was thinking. “So will you tell me where we’re going or is it a surprise still?”

He backed out of the driveway and flashed me that smile I was quickly getting addicted to. “Just wait and see.” We drove for a long time until we reached what looked like an old, abandoned building. We got out and he came around again for my arm.

We walked into the building and there was a reception area and a man waiting. Tim took a key from the man and led me over to an old fashioned lift. This made me a little nervous, but Tim wasn’t so I followed him and got into the lift. Once we got going I took a good look at him. I didn’t realize that I said how good he looked out loud until he chuckled and replied. “I’m not as good looking as yourself.”

Talk about embarrassing but he took it in stride. So to cover my faux pax, I asked the other questions on my mind. “Have you been enjoying your year off? Do you think you may be back between the pipes next year?” I liked watching Tim play, he was steady and yet dynamic.

He smiled and shrugged. “Not really. Melissa is giving me a lot of grief with the divorce. I may not return next season, unless I can find someone who’s willing to help me with the kids.” By now the lift had stopped and we stepped out to something beautiful.

I gasped as the restaurant unfolded before me. “This is lovely!” There was a dance floor too. “This is like an old supper club isn’t it?” He smiled and nodded. I’d always wanted to go to an old supper club.

It must have shown on my face as Tim chuckled as we went over to the only lit table. I couldn’t see the band hidden in the semi-darkness, but I could see the table with a single red rose on it. “It’s a revamp of an old supper club, yes. It’s not quite open yet actually. I rented the whole place for us. The owner gets the dress rehearsal he wants and we get a private date.” He pulled out the chair for me and then handed me the rose from the table.

We had a lovely dinner and danced as well. The band was really good. He was a good dancer too. I felt like I was floating on air as we moved. Eventually we had to go back to my home and the magical night had to end. Fortunately not before I at least showed him the first floor of my home. “This is a beautiful home, you’re right about the color too. They really make the rooms feel good.”

I walked him to the door and we said good night. Before he left, I spoke softly. “I had a great time tonight. I’d really like to do it again sometime.” My front porch got a little bit brighter with the smile that lit up his face.

He took my hand and kissed it gently. “Milady that would be wonderful for me as well. Until we find a good time for both of us, can I call you?” My heart fluttered.

“I would love that.” I leaned up and kissed his cheek. He kissed my cheek and slowly made his way out to his car. I felt like flying. My date had been fabulous success!
♠ ♠ ♠
Say it all together now... Awww.

Hot Mama too, in her lovely purple dress!