Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

And All It's Flashing Lights

“Why don’t you just fucking leave already?!” I could hear my mommy yelling as I laid there in my bed shaking from crying so hard.

“You want me to leave?! Huh? Is that what you want?” Daddy yelled and I heard something crash and break in the other room.

“Get the fuck out of here, you useless piece of shit! I’m done, no don’t touch me, don’t touch me!” Mommy yelled.

I came running out of my bedroom frightened to find my dad forcing my mother to give him a hug before he turned and saw me sniffling.

He knelt down on one knee so he could talk to me better, “Don’t cry beautiful.” He said softly taking me into his arms.

“Daddy why are you and mommy fighting?” I asked scared of the answer I was going to get.

“Sometimes that’s what people do honey they fight.” He told me with tears in his eyes, “Daddy’s gonna go away for a bit, but I’ll be back soon to see my baby girl. Can you take care of mommy while I’m gone and be my big helper?”

“Jesus Christ she’s four years old Harold.” Mommy said from the kitchen as she started drinking something from a brown bottle.

I tried to block out what she had said and focus on daddy, “I- can- but, but Daddy don’t go!” I said beginning to sob uncontrollably again as I held onto him as tightly as I could.

“I have to, it’ll be better for you this way.” He said pulling me off of him and grabbing a bag I stood there crying as I watched him fill the bag with all of his things and walk out the door.

“Daddy?” I called out through my tears.

“Daddy’s gone!” My mother barked, “If you know what’s good for you you’ll go get back in your bed!”

Terrified I ran into my small room and jumped into my bed sobbing into my pillow.

~~~~

I stood by the door with my little pink suitcase excited to be seeing my dad again. Bouncing with suspense I watched as each car drove by my stomach rose as one slowed down and pulled into my driveway. I squealed a bit unable to hide my happiness. I watched as my dad got out of the car and walked up to the door. He came in and in a moment I was hugging him tightly.

“Daddy!” I said giving him a tight squeeze, “I missed you!”

“I missed you to baby, where’s you mommy?” He asked looking around the house.

“George came and picked her up early this morning.” I explained frowning as I watched his face get sad.

“So you’re here alone?” He asked the irritation obvious in his voice.

“Mommy lets me stay home all the time?” I asked confused by why he was upset, this was normal.

“Honey, you are only six years old you can’t be home alone like this.” My dad explained to me as he took my bags in one arm and me in the other. He took me out to his car and buckled me in the backseat. I watched as he got in the driver’s seat and turned the car on. I couldn’t help but give myself a little pinch checking to see if all of this was real.

“So are you ready for a summer at the beach?” My dad asked me looking at me through his rearview mirror.

“YES!” I squealed in the back seat I raised my hands in the air at success.

~~~~~~~~

“Gabby, get the fuck out here!” My mother yelled from the other room.

I came out of my bedroom to see her flopped on the couch with a good twelve bottles around her, “Yes mom?” I asked scared of what kind of mood she was in.

“George is coming over tonight so you need to go to a friend’s house.” She said pulling me in for a hug. She reeked of alcohol.

“But mom its 12 at night I can’t just stay in my room?” I pleaded, “I’ll be quiet you won’t even know I’m here.”

“I won’t have you talking back to me.” She said as she back handed me. “You’re just a twelve year old girl show some respect.”

I held my cheek as the stinging caused tears to well up in my eyes. I fought them back determined not to show her anything, “Fine see you in a few days.” I said running to my room. Moments later I came out carrying a bag, I went to walk out the door but walked into George. He went to give me a hug, but I pushed him back, “Don’t touch me Jackass.” I said as I slammed the door behind me.

I trotted down the street lamp lit streets of Southie until I reached Castle Island. I sat down on a park bench and started to sob. Sure there were people I could call like Emma, but I was too embarrassed. I decided I call in the morning and spend the night here.

“I fucking hate you!” I yelled through my angry tears that stung as they rolled down my cheeks.

~~~~~~~

It was late at night when I saw a creek of light peer in from my door. I tried to lay there still so that my mother would assume I was asleep and leave me alone. She and George had gotten drunk earlier than usual this time and I was not in the mood to clean up vomit or play babysitter. I shouldn’t have to I told myself as I watched the dark shadow enter my room and come close to me. I opened my eyes just enough to see it was George sitting at the end of my bed. Slowly he lay down beside me in the bed. The alcohol exuding from his body was enough to make me feel sick.

“I know you’re awake.” He whispered in my ear his tongue grazing my skin.

I turned against him defensively, “where’s my mother?”

“Oh her? Yea she fell asleep.” He said pulling my body in closer to him as I fought off his advances. His hands started to roam my body under the cover roughly.

“Stop it.” I said swatting his hands away.

“Oh come on, I know you like it when I give you attention.” He said kissing me sloppily on the mouth.

That was it. Every ounce of anger I had for my situation poured out in this moment as I hauled off and punched him straight in the face. He hollered and started to hit me in retaliation as I cowered underneath his strong form.

My mother cam barging in obviously awoken from him hollering at me, “George what the fuck is going on?” She asked confused as to what her boyfriend was doing in her daughter’s bedroom.

He jumped off of me, “Your daughter attacked me.” He said making up some lie.

I tried to convince my mother it wasn’t true that he had tried to get with me and I had no choice, but she wouldn’t have it.

“I’m so done with your lies Gabriella; get out of here, Leave just like your useless father. And don’t you ever step foot in this house again.” She hollered as she pulled me out of my bed and forcefully threw me onto the porch.

I stood there a moment completely stunned by what had just happened. I was homeless left with only one place to go. I walked the 20 miles to my best friend Emma’s house. Quietly I walked onto their porch and knocked lightly on the door as tears trickled down my cheeks.

To my surprise it wasn’t Emma or Jack who answered but her father. “Gabby, honey what happened?” He asked obviously shocked to see me on his porch and the condition I was.

“My mom kicked me out Uncle Mark.” I sobbed as he let me into his house, “I’m sorry I had nowhere else to go.”

“You don’t have to have anywhere else to go. This house is always open to you, you know that.” He said hugging me tightly as I broke down further telling him everything that had happened that night.

“Listen Honey, the guestroom’s all set up go ahead and get some sleep. We’ll figure all of this out in the morning.”

“Okay.” I said having cried every tear I had available. I walked up to the long staircase to the guest bedroom. I lay down on the bed and sighed loudly as I let sleep encase my brokenness and drifted off.

~~~~~

“Gabriella Martel.” The college dean announced as I made my way to the platform. Smiling I took my college diploma from the man and walked over so he could flip my tassel. I turned to the audience and held my diploma high in the air smiling widely as a few people cheered. I stepped off the platform to take my seat with all the other graduates and listen to the closing ceremonies.

After I searched the crowd until Uncle Mark found me, “I am so proud of you.” He whispered in my ear as he hugged me tightly.

“Thanks for everything you’ve done for me.” I said with tears in my eyes.

“You know you’ve always been a daughter to me.” He said letting me go so everyone else could congratulate me.

~~~~~

“Alright I think we’re ready.” I said cutting the red ribbon on the door of my bakery, “It’s a Piece of Cake is officially open for business.” My smile couldn’t get any wider as people started following me in as I took their orders along with my crew.

The day was hectic and at the end of it I found myself in the back crying. Jack came in and found me curled up in a ball sobbing.

“Gabs what’s wrong?” He asked lifting me up into his strong arms.

I sobbed into his shoulder, “What if this doesn’t work. What if people don’t keep coming in Jack, What if my mother was always right and I’m just a failure?”

“Stop talking like this, people loved you today, you were a huge success. You’re good at what you do, and if this doesn’t work you’ll find something else to make you happy.” He said tilting my chin up so I looked in his eyes.

“Thanks jack.” I said wiping away my tears and walking home.

I turned the corner to my apartment and ran full force into someone, “Oh my I’m so sorry.” I said slightly dishelved and totally embarrassed.

“Don’t worry about it.” The man dressed in a military uniform said smiling as he looked me up and down shyly.

I blushed slightly embarrassed, “Where are you headed?” I asked him as I looked into his icy blue eyes and gave him a smile.

“Just to the coffee shop on the corner.” He said smiling back.

“Sure.” I said taking his arm and walking down to the coffee shop on the corner with him.

“What’s your name anyways?” I asked looking up at him. He must’ve been 6’5 as he towered over me.

“Names Joseph, and you?” He asked looking at me out of the corner of his eye as he smirked at me.

“Gabriella, but you can just call me Gabs.” I said walking in the door instantly over taken by the sweet aroma of fresh coffee being brewed.

~~~~

“Gabs,” Joseph said his voice shaky as he knelt in front of me as we were dancing on his sail boat in the middle of the ocean all lit up.

“Yea Baby,” I said running my hand through his hair, “What’s wrong?” I asked suddenly growing nervous by his composure. Usually he was so calm and collected a feature that I loved most about him.

“Will you marry me, making me the luckiest man in the universe?” He spit out as he whipped out a small velvet box from his pocket.

I put my hand over heart as I gasped completely shocked, “Joey, are you- Oh my god yes! Baby Yes!” I said pulling him up to me for a kiss

“I love you.” He said softly in my ear as he held me close.

I never pictured myself getting engaged at age 23, but that’s how life goes I guess.

~~~~~

“Joey we need to talk.” I said more embarrassed than anything else.

“My God where have you been?” He asked walking into the hall and going in for a kiss.

I cowered away from him, “I was raped Joey.”

“What?” He asked outraged. “What does that even mean?’

“I got overtaken by this man and raped me, I’ve been in the hospital the past two days.” I said not looking up from my feet as tears streamed down my cheeks.

“How am I supposed to react to this?” He asked.

“I don’t know, I’m still trying to handle this myself.” I said honestly.

We were quiet for a long time as he paced back in forth in the front hall of our apartment. Finally he stopped and looked at me with tears in his eyes.

“I don’t know what to say to you,” He started, “We were both waiting for our wedding night, and now, now it won’t be the same.” He shook his head in frustration.

“What are you saying Babe?” I asked tears spilling over.

“Gabriella, I can’t go through with this anymore, I’m sorry.” He said pushing past me and out the front door I had come in only moments ago.

I slowly sunk to the floor and collapsed in tears as true sorrow wreaked havoc on my body and mind.

~~~~~

“We’re gonna be late for our ferry back.” Bergeron said obviously upset.

Taking his hand in mine, “What if we run?” I asked as I slipped out of my high heels.

“Seriously?” He asked completely shocked.

I pulled him with me as I started to sprint back to the ferry dodging in between people as we made it to the harbor.

“We’re not gonna make it.” I said defeated as I could hear the boat making last calls.

Patrice swooped me off my feet and full on bolted to the boat. He stepped on just as the man was pulling in the dock.

We both looked at each other exhausted and breathing heavily as we started to laugh.

~~~~~~~

“Have you seen where Pat ran off to?” I asked Tyler as I walked into his kitchen.

I was in Brampton celebrating the July fourth like I had promised him. And even though we were celebrating the start of America in Canada I was still enjoying myself. I had just gotten out of the pool where I had been screwing around with some of the guys as Patrice was helping Tyler cook some food on the grille for all of us.

“Yea, he’s upstairs changing.” Tyler said taking a platter of food out to everyone, “Can you grab that last one.”

“Yea sure.” I said taking the platter outside with me.

I made Patrice a plate of food knowing that by time he got out here the food would be all gone with the 20 hungry guys at the party. I took both our plates and found a spot over by Tyler and Brad.

“Two plates?” Brad said eyeing me, “Eating for two maybe?” He teased.

“It’s for Pat.” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“Thanks Love.” Patrice said nuzzling my neck as he came up behind me.

“You’re welcome Baby.” I said handing him his food.

“I think I’m gonna be sick.” Brad said getting up to get another beer.
Pat and I just laughed as we both took our seats.

“So I thought you were bringing a friend?” Ty asked me.

“She had to work.” I said giving him a smirk, “Why disappointed you couldn’t schmooze my best friend?’

“Psh No.” Tyler choked out.

“I swear to God Ty stay away from Emma she’s not some slut. If you hurt her I’ll kill you.” I threatened.

~~~~~~~

“Sorry it’s not bigger.” I said letting Tyler into my apartment.

“No it’s great thank you. I just needed to get away from Toronto.” Tyler said scratching the back of his neck.

“Tyler I’m only going to say this once because I care about you, those people aren’t the kind you want in your life, they don’t like you for you. They like you for what you can give them. You’re too good for that kiddo.” I said placing my hand on his cheek.

“I know.” Tyler said nodding in agreement, “It’s just hard sometimes” He admitted, “I just want to settle down with a nice girl.”

“You’ll know when you find her.” I said giving him a warm smile. “Remember you can stay as long as you want.”

“You say that now, but that’s because I haven’t gotten Marshall from the car yet.” Tyler said laughing.

~~~~~~

I lay on the couch as he laid his head on my chest utterly exhausted from his hard loss.

“Can I get you anything Honey?” I said softly running my hands through his shaggy midseason hair.

“You’re enough.” He whispered into my dark apartment.

“Alright Baby.” I said placing a kiss to his head and laying there comfortably beneath him.

The next morning when I woke I immediately shot up looking for him. I spotted him out on the terrace watching the sunrise. I stood up and walked over, sliding the door open slowly. I approached him cautiously as I wrapped my arms under his arms and around his chest laying my head in between his shoulder blades. I didn’t say a word as I listened to him breathe easily. Finally I felt him touch my hands softly twirling my engagement ring on my finger.

“Do you still want to get married?” He asked softly with a hint of vulnerability in his voice.

“Patrice of course I do.” I said placing a kiss to his bare back, “Where’s all this coming from baby, let me know what’s on your mind.” I said softly back to him hoping he would open up to me.

“You don’t even remember me asking you.” He said deflated as he turned in my arms so that he was now facing me.

“Love, I don’t have to.” I said looking up at him with loving eyes.

“You should at least remember it.” He said a deep sadness in his eyes.

“Ask me again.” I said softly.

“What?” He asked clearly confused by what I meant.

“Babe ask me to marry you this way I remember it.” I said handing him my ring.

The glint returned to his brown eyes as he understood what I was saying, slowly he got down on one knee and held my one hand with his, “Gabriella Martel, would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife.” He said with a loving smile.

I returned the smile as I said, “Yes, a thousand times yes.”

~~~~

“Were taking you to the hospital now, you’re gonna get through this.” Patrice said as he held my hand. I barely opened my eyes enough to see I was in the ambulance as paramedics worked on me taking my vitals. Something didn’t not feel right my hands instinctively touched my stomach I could hardly touch it, it hurt so badly. I could feel the worry start to show on my face as I looked back up at Patrice. His eyes widened in disbelief understanding my concern.

“Gabriella, you can’t think like that right now.” Patrice said as my eyes fell back shut.

“Save the baby.” I muttered out in a mostly incoherent sentence before resuming my darkened state.

~~~~

Memories flashed through my mind at record speed as I was out cold. Slowly I came back into reality, my entire body ached and I felt exhausted. Carefully I attempted to blink my eyes open until I was looking around at a hospital room. Patrice was asleep in a chair with his coat draped over him. I smiled weakly at him, wondering how long I had been here. Suddenly everything caught up to me; I remembered everything and with everything came the fear of losing my baby. My hand moved to my stomach feeling for any sign of life I could find. Everything felt the same I just felt so sore.

“Good you’re awake.” The doctor said coming over to my bed.

“Is my baby okay?” I begged for information.

“You’re a very lucky woman Gabriella.” The doctor stated, “If you had been any further along there probably wouldn’t have been enough padding between you and the baby, but all the baby felt was a mere shake which is okay. You just need to let your body heal and your pregnancy should be fine.”

Instantly tears flowed down my cheeks in relief as I cradled my stomach I said a silent prayer of thanks. “Doctor I remember things.” I said even more over joyed.

“I’m not understanding,” the doctor said.

“I struggled from memory loss from an earlier accident, memories that I remember now.” I said beaming.

“Well that is strange; it’s possible that the blow to your head cleared things up for you, congratulations.” He said reviewing my vitals. “Well I think in a few hours we should be able to discharge you.”

“Thank you so much.” I said laying back into the hospital bed amazed at what had transpired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter yay the baby is okay!! And Gabriella has her memory back!!
Let me know what you all think 'll hopefully post another chapter to my contest story as well tonight :) thank for all the support guys!