Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

Fade Into You

I was finally leaving the hospital today. I couldn’t wait to have a good night’s sleep in my own bed and be able to get to the bakery. The morning started with the usual routine of the nurses making their rounds to check on me and take my breakfast order.

“How ya feeling today Hun.” The nurse named charlotte asked me as she checked my vitals and gave me my vitamins to take.

“Feeling like I should be at home.” I said smiling.

“Soon the doctor will be by to discharge you. Just make sure you continue taking your medications.” She said as she handed me a bag. “Someone dropped this off for you.”

“Oh, thanks.” I said taking it from her. I looked in the bag to see an outfit for me to go home in with a note.

Be by after practice to pick you up. Let’s do lunch ~Ty

I smiled as I read his note and sat up to get dressed. I went to walk, stretching my stiff legs; I made it to the bathroom. I looked in the bag to see he packed an outfit I didn’t recognize. It was very fall-ish. It took me a second to realize that it probably was fall weather now. More proof that I had been stuck in this hospital too long. I put on my clothes and examined my outfit in the mirror. The only item I remotely recognized was the ring inside a box. I wasn’t sure if it was mine, but it had an odd familiarity about it. I slipped it on my finger, it fit perfectly. It had to be mine, where could I possibly have gotten a ring like this. I walked out of the bathroom to see my doctor waiting for me.

“Ah, Gabriella go ahead take a seat so we can run some last few tests.” The doctor said motioning the chair. I sat down as he began checking my blood pressure. “How’s your arm feeling?”

“Good, when do I come back to get my cast off?” I asked waving my cast in the air.

“In a week, how about your head, any dizziness; lightheadedness; sensitivity to light?”

“Nope that’s all fine.”

“But you still have no memory of the last four months?” The doctor said and he tested my reflexes.

“The last thing I really remember is getting on the flight to Vancouver in the beginning of June. After that it’s just a fog, I mean I know what happened. Britt’s wedding, parties, I took Ty in, but I don’t remember any of those things indefinitely. “

“It may never come back at all. It’s best for you to get back into your flow of things and try to go back to everyday life. I recommend going to counseling at least once a week at first. It’ll help you clarify what exactly you remember, and come to grips with the things you don’t. Like getting engaged, do you remember that?”

“No, because that didn’t happen. I would never forgive Bergeron after the way he left me.” I said bitterly.

“Alright well you will have a lot to work out with your counselor. Also, we’ll set up an appointment to get your cast off. Be sure to take your pills as prescribed, and keep an open mind this is uncharted territory. You don’t remember everything yet so just be careful. That’s all for today. You are officially discharged, good luck with your memory.” The doctor said leading me out of the room.

I saw Ty walking towards me as I signed the finally paperwork at the counter. I handed it all back to the nurse just as he got to me.

“You look cute,” Ty said giving me a hug, “Ready for some lunch?”

“Are these actually mine Ty, all I recognize is the ring?” I asked as he led me out the door.
We were onslaughted by new casters when we walked out the door. I froze unsure of how to react; all of them were yelling questions about the accident to each of us. Why Patrice wasn’t there, how my recovery was, was I going to sue, did I lose anyone on the plane.

Tyler took charge taking me by the hand he pulled me in close to him. His strong arm held me by the waist as he walked me over to his car. “Hop in.” He said showing no expression.

I did as I watched him push through all the cameras and get into the driver’s seat. He didn’t speak until all of the people disappeared in his rearview mirrors.

“Sorry about all of that. I should have warned you they were waiting.” Ty said gripping his steering wheel tightly.

“Don’t worry about it.” I said pulling my knees to my chest in the seat.

“Anyways, those clothes are new, and the ring is yours.” Ty said anxiously. His phone rang interrupting the intensity of his mood.

“Hey, “Ty answered.

“Did you pick her up?” Berg asked.

“Yep, I told him about your slogan.” Ty spoke cryptically to keep Gabby unaware of his conversation.

“How’d she like the clothes? They fit her alright?”

“Yea he even liked the ring it had to it. Said it sounded familiar.”

“Really? She recognized it?”

“God I’m so glad you understand me. Alright well I’m in the car driving with Gabs right now so I’ll talk to you later Freddy.” Ty hung the phone up and placed it back in the cup holder.

I sat there completely unaware of what Ty was talking about, “Who’s Freddy doing a slogan for?”

“Oh, some guy my manager knows.” Ty said brushing it off, “So where you want to eat?”

“Surprise me.” I said smiling brightly. I was so happy to be back in my city. Granted the hospital was located in Boston, being stuck in an all-white room was miserable. I watched out my window as my beautiful city passed by.

I was brought back from my daydreams when Tyler turned his radio on. “Started from the Bottom” came on and we both started singing to the music. Looking like the two whitest people around rapping with the radio. We stopped at a red light when Ty rolled both our windows down and we started rapping to the person in the car beside us. He immediately recognized Tyler and rolled down his window to take a picture of us that was sure to wind up on Twitter. The light turned green and we both just died laughing as we drove away.

“We just made his day you know.” I said smiling.

“No, I believe it was me who made his day, your just some chick in the one, the only Tyler Seguin’s chick mobile.”

I burst into laughter, “You call this piece of shit a chick mobile?” I wiped the tears out of my eyes.

“This is no piece of shit it’s a Maserati. Hells wrong with you fool.” Ty said rubbing the dashboard of his car.

He parked and we walked into Joe’s. We got a table on the water even though it was a little nippy out with the breeze coming off the harbor. I looked through the menu and decided on the honey mustard chicken salad. Tyler ordered the same and handed the waitress the menus. It was plain to see that this young girl had just hit heaven by serving Tyler lunch.

When she walked away, I snickered to Ty, “Careful, you might get some roofies in your drink.”

Ty laughed, “Yea didn’t you miss getting ignored and rude service? That’s why you came with me right?”

“I know I’m totally getting the short end of the stick.” I complained jokingly.

“That’s what happens when your best friends with Boston’s hottest bachelor.”

“That’s a joke you aren’t a bachelor anymore young man.” I mock chastised him.

“I know tell that to our waitress.” Ty laughed.

If it was one thing I loved about Ty it would be the fact that he could clear my mind. I sat there at our table at utter piece for the first time in a while. It didn’t last long though…

“Hey I didn’t know you guys were eating here?” Berg said walking over to our table.

“Oh hey man,” Ty said standing to hug him, “Were just grabbing lunch wanna join us.”

I gave Tyler daggers as the words exited his mouth. How could he be so stupid as to invite him to eat with us?

“Hey, Gabriella.” Berg said staring deeply into my eyes.

“Hey.” I said emotionless not even bothering to look up at him.

“Siggy, I’m actually meeting some friends at the bar so I’ll let you guys eat in peace.” Patrice said defeat evident in his tone as he walked away.

Tyler sunk down into his seat slowly, judging my face for a reaction. Before he could say anything, our plucky waitress was back giving us our salads.

“Can I get a to go box?” I asked her.

“Yea as long as you promise to leave.” She said snippily.

“Trust me I won’t be back here for a long time. Now, can you stop eyeing my friend’s dick here long enough to go get me my box?” I shot back raising my voice a little.

“Gabriella,” Ty said shocked at my outburst, “Miss I’m really sorry she just got out of the hospital so she’s a bit out of it.”

The waitress walked off and came back with my box. I dumped my food from my plate into the box got up and left.

“Where are you going?” Ty asked following after me quick enough to catch my arm and hold me there.

“Home, no you are not invited and neither is Patrice.”

“Look, is that why you’re mad? I’m sorry I’m just trying to help you guys.”

“There’s nothing to help there is no us.” I said anger flowing through my clenched fists.

“Then why are you wearing the engagement ring he gave you. Deep down you remember and love him. Just give in already; you don’t understand the hell he is going through.”

Hot tears swelled up in my eyes, “I don’t know what he going through? I know what it’s like to be left completely alone helpless, okay. I’m the victim here not him. Now get your hands off of me.” I said pulling my arm out of his grasp and walking away.

I walked the short distance back to my apartment. When I walked into the lobby, everyone clapped and welcomed me back. It was the sweetest gesture. I got my key from the man behind the desk and took the elevator up to my apartment. Once inside I sat in my bed completely overwhelmed by everything going on in my life. Tears rolled freely down my face as I stared at the ring on my hand. You think something this monumental in my life couldn’t be forgotten. Even if I was engaged to Bergeron before, I am a different person now. We aren’t engaged and never will be. I said slipping the ring off my finger and sticking on my bedside table. I opened my box of food and ate while I cried about everything I was so utterly confused about in my life. Sometimes it just wasn’t fair the way things turn out.

~~~~

Bergeron sat alone at the bar as he sipped on his beer. Ty watched, as he walked over to the bar.

“She left,” Ty said upset.

“What? Where’d she go?” Bergeron asked sitting up and looking out the window to see her walking on the street.

“Home, I think.” Ty said scratching the back of his neck. “How is this supposed to work? Even when you left her, she wasn’t this mad at you. I don’t get it.” He said obviously frustrated.

“She’s not telling you something, there’s something she “Remembers” that’s got her so mad.” Bergeron said taking another long sip of his beer.

“Well if she’s gonna tell somebody it’s not gonna be me anymore. Listen I’d love to stay here and get drunk with you but Emma gets back tonight.” Ty said giving Berg a pat on the back.

“Oh I’m not staying here,” Berg said, “Go on get home to Em, let’s get out of here.” He left a twenty on the table and walked out with Tyler.

“So where are you staying?” Tyler asked.

“At the Marriott until I find an apartment.” He said pointing towards the hotel.

“I told you. You should’ve kept the lease on your apartment.” Ty teased.

“Yea, well we were moving in together. I’m just glad I was able to get my stuff out of her apartment before she got out of the hospital today.” He said walking away, “See ya at practice tomorrow.”

“Later,” Tyler said getting into his car.

~~~~

I woke up in bed confused by my surroundings. Once I was coherent enough to realize that I was in my bed, I got up and showered. I had no desire to get dressed or even move today, but I had to follow the doctor’s instructions. I fixed my hair and makeup in the mirror before I got dressed making sure it was a warm outfit. Deciding to head down to the bakery, I ate a quick breakfast and left.

Walking in brought back a strange memory to me.

Bergeron opened the door for me letting me walk through, but as I passed him, he slapped me on the butt. I shrieked quietly as he laughed behind me.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, “Give me five minutes down here, and I’ll be right up stairs okay?”

“Alright,” he said smiling.

I walked into the back, saying hello to everyone, “Daniella do you have those samples done?”

“Yea They're over there,” She said smiling.

I picked them up and walked up to my office to find Berg sitting there at my desk looking at my photos. He was holding the one of Tyler and me at some party. We were making the goofiest faces. I walked behind him and picked up the one of him and me at the costume party.

“You are so sexy.” I said handing him the photograph.

“You too,” He said handing me the photo of Ty and I.

“Yea cross eyed is so sexy,” I said imitating the face.

He broke into laughter and pulled me down into his lap. Softly Patrice left me a kiss on the lips,
“So cake testing.”

“Yea here,” I said giving him the plate of assorted cake squares.

He grabbed the fork, took a little piece, and fed it to me before he took a bite for himself. Next, I took the fork and chose the caramel deluche cake I thought he’d like. His face said it all.

“I love this cake.” He said his voice thick with food coma.

“Well try the rest just to make sure,” I said smiling as I kissed the little bit of frosting he had on his lip off.

When we were done trying them all, we both decided on the caramel deluche. “You know this just makes it feel more official,” I said smiling.

“Trust me I know,” He said playing with the ring on my finger.


I just stood shocked by the flashback I had just encountered. I hadn’t noticed how heavily I was breathing until Jack came up to me.

“Hey are you alright?” He asked.

I tried to shake it off, “Yea just trying to get back into the swing of things.”

“Well it’s so good to see you here,” Jack said wrapping me up into a hug.

“Thanks, so what’s the damage?” I asked walking into the back.

“It’s actually not that bad, we held things together pretty well.”

I examined everything and realized he had done a great job of keeping the bakery together. “You deserve a pay raise.” I said handing him a check for a thousand dollars.

“What” He exclaimed looking at the check, “You sure…”

“Yea you deserve more than that I’m sure.”

I walked around looking at all the supplies we were going to need. I made note of everything and then went up to my office. It was super clean. Who the hell’s been in here? I looked over the papers on my desk it had lists of upcoming things and supplies we needed. I recognized the handwriting but couldn’t figure it out. I went downstairs to find out.

“Who’s been in the office?” I asked the workers.

“Pat,” Daniella said judging my reaction. “He helped out a bit with the bills while you were gone. None of us knew your passwords.”

“Oh.” I said flatly. It irritated me now that I owed him a favor.

I helped here and there until I left to get dinner. I got in my car and just sat there for a moment contemplating my options. It irked me to no end that I owed Patrice a favor. Against my will, I took my phone out and dialed his number.

It rung once before he picked up his voice sounded out of breath, “Hello?”

“Hi, uh you know what you sound busy. It’s not important I can call you back.” I said thinking twice about this.

“No, no, it’s fine I just finished a work out is all. What do you need, is everything alright?” He asked tension in his voice apparent.

“Well I found out what you did in my bakery and I’d like to take you out to dinner to repay you in a sense.”

“Oh you don’t have to it’s not a big deal.”

“Do you want to go to dinner with me or not?” I asked growing impatient.

He just laughed, “Should I pick you up, or do you want to meet somewhere?”

“Well I’m at the bakery we can meet here and then go if you’d like.” I said unsure of why I was smiling so wide.

I sat in my car the twenty minutes it took for him to pull up besides my car. I got out and into his car suddenly feeling nervous. I pushed the feeling aside and tried my best to pleasant. I kept telling myself repeatedly I owed him, I owed him, I owed him.

He pulled into a parking garage, “Faneuil Hall food sound good to you?”

“I owe you buying you a piece of pizza isn’t going to fix that I wanted to take you somewhere nice.”

“You can bring me somewhere fun after we get our food, how’s that sound?” He said with that all too familiar glint in his eye.

“Okay,” I said giving in with a smile.

“Besides, you’re buying me clam chowder not pizza.” He said laughing as he pulled me in close as we crossed the street.

Everything in my head said to pull away, but something deep down snuggled in closer to him as I laughed. We walked through got our food and walked out. I had the usual half a pizza and lemonade, and Patrice got his clam chowder and two bottles of water.

“So where to now?” Berg turned and asked as he held his meal in his hands.

“Oh, so I get to lead now?” I teased raising an eyebrow at him.

“You’re in charge.” He stated with a smile.

“Try and keep up.” I said walking away.

I could tell by the look in his eyes my challenge was very well accepted. We started walking to the public gardens. I found a park bench by the water and sat down. He came around to the other side and sat next to me.

We both begun eating as we watched swan boats go by. It was all so peaceful; the leaves were already changing colors giving the air a crisp clean feeling. I was in autumn bliss.

“You know this is one of the few times I have seen you wear pants.” Berg said.

I started laughing, “Is this your idea of small talk?”

“No, I was just saying.” He said slightly embarrassed, “What do you expect me to do; I don’t know how to act around you yet.”

“You could just be yourself.”

“You don’t exactly like me right now.” He said with a soft frown on his face, “Why I don’t get it?”

I looked down at my hands in my lap trying to form a coherent sentence to make him understand, “You left without saying a single word to me. I was in the hospital and you could have care less. That’s the last thing I remember is how hollow I felt waking up to see Ty and Brad there with me while you were off in Québec feeling sorry for yourself. Then I found out the only reason I was even on that god-dammed plane was you. I saw a man get ripped from my arms and thrown from midair into the ocean. I got a gash in my leg, a broken arm, and had to have surgery because something hit me in the head. I can’t remember last few months, and yet every night I can relive that terrible moment of watching that poor man die. All of this because I had to go see you. Why weren’t you already with me? Why has my life been flipped upside down? What did I do to deserve this? I’ll tell you what I did. I got involved with a self-absorbed pretty boy hockey player. You were my life and you left me to my own defenses. I will never forgive you for that. I can’t.” Tears pooled down my cheeks as I spoke. Before he could respond, I stood up and said one last thing to him, “Thanks for taking care of my bakery while I was in a coma.”

I walked away unsure of how in an instant things had gone back to the way they were. I could hear him following behind me closely. It was annoying me to no end.

Finally, after he had been following me until I got out on the street, I turned around, “I don’t need a fucking babysitter!”

I was shocked when the man behind me wasn’t Patrice, “Uh, okay?” He laughed it off.

I instantly burst into tears, “I’m sorry I thought you were my ex.”

“Hey, don’t cry it’s alright that’s probably the best thing to happen to me all day. It’s probably gonna boost my twitter followers later.”

I started to laugh as I wiped my eyes, “I’m glad I could help you out, make sure you tag me it. My accounts @Cakepop.” I smiled and waved goodbye as I started to walk away.

“Hey wait, you don’t want to maybe get a coffee.” He offered.

“No, but I’d love a beer.”

“Even better, let’s go.” He said offering me his arm. I took it and started walking with him, “My names Rob, by the way.”

“Oh, my names Gabby, sorry that was rude of me.” I laughed it off.

“You in the habit of going to bars with guys whose name you don’t even know?”

“I’m not gonna remember it in the morning anyways, right?” I shrugged jokingly.

He laughed as we turned the corner with the bar on it. We walked in and got a table. Out of habit, I asked for one in the back. Rob looked at me confused.

“Don’t want to be seen with your babysitter?” He quipped.

“Sorry that was out of habit, my other friends don’t like to be spotted.”

“Who are your other friends?” He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

“Well most of the Boston Bruins.”

“That’s where I know you from; you’re the WAG who was in that accident.”

I looked up at him timidly, “Yea, that’s me except I’m not Patrice’s fiancé anymore.”

“Oh, I’m really sorry about that.” He said with an ear-to-ear grin.

“Looks like it.” I said laughing.

“Well, I am, but can’t help but be happy about the benefits I’m reaping from it.” He said winking.

“So what do you do for work?” I asked as our first round of drinks came.

He took a sip of his before answering, “I’m a lawyer actually. You’re a baker right?”

“Wow, do you like stalk the Bruins or something?”

“No, it was all over the news for a long time.” He said softly, “Plus my brother was on that plane so it hits close to home.”

“I am so sorry.” I said reaching out to hold his hand.

“Hey another reason for us to get shit faced, right?” He said as he ordered two Lad bombs.
I laughed, “What is that?”

“A double shot of vodka, redbull, and Jager.”

“Oh god.” I muttered under my breath. As much partying I did with Ty and Brad, I was still a light weight

He just laughed at me as he drank his down. I eyed the drink warily before pushing it over to him.

“I shouldn’t drink too much I’m still on meds.” I explained.

“Well you’re no fun.” He said fake pouting.

“You’d be surprised how much fun I can be actually,” I said flirtatiously.

“I like surprises.” He said eyeing me up and down. “Wanna get out of here?”

I smirked up at him, “Yea, why not.”

He hooked an arm tightly around my waist and walked out with me. He fiddled with his car keys until he dropped them.

I started to laugh. Picking his keys up I said, “I’ll drive cutie.”

“It’s the redbull. Makes my hands shaky.”

“Show me where to go.” I said pulling into the street.

I pulled the car over at his apartment and parked on the curb. We got out and he led me inside. He took my coat and led me over to his couch. I sat there looking around his living room as he started us a fire. He had a nice ass. Once he had finished he walked into the other room. I decided I’d follow him in there. Bad idea. I walked in as he was taking his shirt off.

“Oh, sorry.” I said walking out.

“It’s not a big deal.” He said pulling me in close to him. “I just hate ties.”

I looked up into his crystal blue eyes and smiled softly. He let me go and through on a V-neck.

“Care to follow me to the kitchen?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said taking his arm feeling the need to stay close to him.

He looked down at me and smiled lightly. We went into the kitchen and he poured us a glass of wine before going back into the living room. We sat there on the couch until he looked down at my feet.

“Don’t your feet hurt?” He asked eying my heels. “You can take your shoes off.”

“Not really, but I’ll humor you” I said smiling as I slipped them off.

He pulled me in closely so that I was lying against his chest. It radiated warmth; I couldn’t believe how warm he was. I snuggled into his chest becoming wrapped in his scent. I noticed his strong arms wrap tightly around me pulling me even closer to him. Suddenly he tilted my chin up and kissed me softly on the lips.

“There.” He whispered, “Now go to sleep.”

That kiss left me wanting for so much more. I turned in his arms so that we chest to chest, “Not just yet,”

I kissed him hard on the mouth as his hands squeezed my sides. Wrapping a leg on either side of him, I felt his hands roam up my waist back to my face. Lifting his shirt up over his head, revealed his toned chest. My hands glided up each of his sculpted muscles.

"You know, that cast really does it for me." He said laughing.

I blushed a deep red, "It comes off next week so don't get used to it."

He answered with a kiss. He parted my lips with his tongue, exploring my mouth softly until our tongues met each other timidly at first then hungrily. He pulled away and stared me in the eyes as I sat up, straddling him. His hands glided down my body softly until they reached the end of my sweater. He lifted it slowly kissing the newly exposed skin as it appeared until he came to my neck. He started pecking and tugging at my soft skin. My hands moved from his chest to the zipper on his pants. In a matter of seconds, we were both in nothing but our underwear. I shivered in his arms as his light tender touches left goose bumps on my body. When my hands went for his waistband on his boxers, his hands trapped mine in his.

“Not, tonight.” He said softly, “I want you to be a little bit more than a one night stand.” His smile was so sincere as he kissed me again before lifting me up off the couch and carrying me to his bed.

“So I’m not the only one with surprises.” I said smiling at him as I pecked him on the cheek.

He laid me down carefully and snuggled in close before lifting the blankets over us.

“Now really get some sleep beautiful.” He kissed me on the cheek, and pulled me in close. “Oh and you better be here when I wake up.”

I giggled softly before falling off to sleep in the arms of Mr.Right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter I know but I wasn't sure how else to break it up. Hope you enjoy it <3