Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

Every Night Has It's Dawn

Where am I? I started internally panicking, until his scent filled my senses. Suddenly I felt at ease, I reached over in the bed feeling for him. When my hand didn’t find a sign of his body I finally opened my eyes to see the bed was empty. Immediately I sat up in the bed looking around the room. My eyes fell on a note sitting on the bedside table by his alarm clock. I picked it up and began reading.
Gabriella,
I know I told you’d better be there when I woke up, well thanks for being there. I had to run into the office. There was an emergency, I should be back in an hour so stick around. There’s breakfast on the island in my kitchen.
Enjoy Beautiful xoxo


The smile that spread across my face was unstoppable. I got out of bed and grabbed his dress shirt from the other night. Putting it on so I wasn’t completely naked, I walked into his kitchen to find a stack of pancakes waiting for me with another note.

I know what you’re thinking, this guy has way too much time on his hands, and too many post its haha make yourself at home shower eat drink watch TV check my house for evidence of me being a psycho killer haha I really don’t care. Be there when I get back please sorry I left you this morning :/

I shook my head as I searched his kitchen for a glass. Once I found one I looked in his fridge for some juice. I found some, but before I poured any, it hit me. My pills. I had to take them before eating. SHIT I looked around for my clothes getting dressed. Then I wrote him a note of my own before leaving. It was pretty far from my house so I called a cab hoping to cut down on the time.

~~~~

Once back at my apartment, I rushed in taking all my required meds. I decided that I might as well shower and get dressed while I was here so that’s exactly what I did. Examining all of my clothes in my closet I decide on going neutral. I picked out my nude dress and a pair of cute tattoo tights. Laying them on the bed, I went to my drawer where I kept my heels and other shoes and accessories. I picked out the heels and purse in the same warm nude color. Going back over to my closet, I had to dig in the back for my black coat and scarf. Now that my clothes were all layed out I was able to take a shower. The warm water hit each of my tense muscle relaxing them until my body felt loose. My hands ran through my hair as I quickly washed out all of the shampoo and conditioner. Quickly shaving before getting out, I turned the water off and wrapped up in my towel.
I faced myself in the mirror deciding on the look I wanted for the day. I decided on crinkle cut waves and a peachy nude makeup. While I waited for my three-weave barrel to heat, I applied my makeup. After I was done everything in the bathroom, I went back to my room to get dressed.
Just as I was walking out the door, I noticed the red light blinking on my answering machine. I pressed play and began listening.

“Hey I know I’m the last person you want to talk to, but I just wanted to make sure you got home safely. Call me back?” Berg’s voice brought all the anger from the night before back to my memory.

Delete

“It’s Brad, just checking in on you Ty said you had a rough lunch date. Don’t hate him forever he’s just trying to help you. We all are. Oh and I don’t know if you want to come or not, but I’ll leave you two tickets to our game tonight. Anyways shoot me some texts later, bye.”

Delete

“HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY BABY GIRLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! It’s Em lets meet up for dinner while I’m in town. SO glad you’re finally out of the hospital love you call me back Bitch.” I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous she could be at times, but hey, that’s why we were friends.

Delete

“End of Messages.”

I picked my purse back up and left.

~~~~

Rob came home an hour later like he had said in his note. He was surprised to see all of his lights off downstairs, but he assumed she was upstairs. He walked up calling her name, “Gabs where are you? You find any evidence up here?” He asked checking the open loft area he had upstairs.
He hoped she was still asleep in bed as he walked back down stairs to check. All he found was a note on the bed written in beautiful penmanship. He picked it up feeling rejected.

Guess what? IT’S MY TURN!
Don’t worry I’m coming back I just needed to take my medications. Ya know, the crazy pills I’m on haha Thanks for the wonderful breakfast looking forward to enjoying it with you when I get back. PS I stole one of your dress shirts to go home in ;)

Rob smiled widely as he finished reading. He started cleaning up around his house as he waited for her. He was interrupted by a knock at the door.

~~~~

Standing there on his doorstep as I waited for him to open the door, I grew nervous. Why was I coming back again? There was something about him that had me mesmerized and until I figured, it out I was going to stick around. The smile on my face grew as his door slowly opened. He stood there with a notepad in his hand and his cell phone tucked between his ear and shoulder.
He looked up at me and mouthed a happy Hey and ushered me in. I stood there awkwardly unsure of what I should do. He covered the mouthpiece to his cell whispering, “Go ahead and eat your breakfast I’ll be done with this call in a second.”

I did as I was instructed. Sitting in his kitchen, I noticed the multiple pictures he had hanging on the wall. Him and an older lady, I assumed it was his mother. Him and some girl his age, another of him and some guy who looked awfully familiar…

“OH MY GOD.” I yelled holding my hand over my mouth as sobs shook through my body.
He came rushing in, “What’s wrong what happened are you okay?” He spat out as he held me tightly in his arms.

All I could muster was pointing at his brother as I had myself a mental breakdown.

“It’s just a picture of my brother I don’t understand?” He asked coaxing me into the chair with him.

I tried to steady my breathing so I could speak, “He w-was the m-man sitting next to to m-m-me.”

Rob looked at me shocked… “Wow.”

I shook my head knowing he didn’t fully understand and unsure if he wanted to. He looked at me with skeptical eyes, “What aren’t you telling me?”

“You don’t want to know what happened on that plane.” I said softly.

“Please talk to me,” He said brushing the hair out of my eyes. “There’s no reason for you to carry this burden alone. It’s obviously a lot to bear.”

I looked at him judging exactly how honest he was being. Before I started to tell him, I got up and led him to his bed so we could lie down and get comfortable. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and whispered in my ear, “You can tell me this. I can handle it.”

I gulped back the fear building in my throat, “So your brother, the man I was sitting next to on the plane,” I began slowly as I traced outlines on his forearms. “Before the plane took off he and I switched seats. He said he needed the aisle because he got up a lot. At the time, it didn’t mean anything. Now I hold onto this memory every time I fall asleep. When the plane took off everything seemed fine until there was a loud blast from the front of the plane. Now things start happening in slow motion. Every thought that goes through my mind until I realize what’s happening seems to take hours. The plane dropped which at first I summed up to be turbulence. I grabbed onto the man, erm I mean your brother because I was scared I hate flying. We all in the back think things are fine until we feel the plane start to nosedive. I grip onto your brother so tightly as the air masks fall from the ceiling. He helps me with mine as I’m frozen in fear holding him in a death grip. Within an instant, the plane rips in half and with it takes your brother from my grasp. I scream as I watch him fall to the ocean. The force from him being ripped from my arms broke my arm. As my life starts flashing before my eyes, when I realize that I am going to die, a bag falls from the overhead knocking me unconscious. That’s all I remember.” I said as tear trickled down my cheeks.

He layed there next to me silent. He layed so still I could barely feel his chest rise as he breathed. I didn’t dare move or face him. I was scared with images still replaying so vividly in my mind. Our silence was interrupted by my phone going off in my pocket I grabbed it quickly and freed myself from his grasp. I walked into the kitchen as I answered it.

“Hey?”

“It’s brad, you want a ticket tonight?”

“Yea I’m gonna try could you get me two tickets Marsh?” I asked with my fingers crossed.

“Yea why you bringing one of your hot girls friends?” He asked chuckling.

“Yea something like that. Listen I’m kinda busy see you tonight?”

“Alright be good.” He said hanging up.

I was startled when Rob wrapped his arms around me. The feeling of his hot breath on my neck caused a shiver to go down my spine. I turned in his grasp to face him. His face looked heavy and clouded as I leaned in for a kiss. The kiss held so much pent up emotion it hurt to break away.

“I’m sorry I agreed to switching seats with your brother.” I whispered as tears flowed down my cheeks.

He wiped away my tears and ignored my apology, “What are you doing tonight?” He asked letting out a long heavy sigh.

“Well I wanted to know if you would like to go to tonight’s Bruins game with me?” I asked looking up at him.

“Yea sure.” He said taking his hands off me and walking back into his bedroom. He lay back down onto his bed. Unsure of what I should do exactly I walked behind him turning out the lights before lying still beside him.

He rolled over closer to me placing a kiss on my forehead before looking me straight in the eyes, “I don’t blame you for what happened. Gabriella you need to stop blaming yourself, you didn’t make the plane crash or even,” His voice broke, “My brother die.” He whispered. “You deserve to be happy beautiful, tears don’t suit those green eyes of yours.” Robert placed attender kiss on my lips.

~~~~

Robert and I were finding our seats just before the game started when I realized that Marsh had gotten us glass seats.

“Oh my god he is so sweet.” I said as I led Rob down ice level right behind the bruins bench. I looked for Marsh on the ice. When he saw me, he skated by and waved. He had a confused look on his face.

“These are great seats.” Rob said to me as we sat down.

“I know,” I said leaning in for kiss. A puck hit the glass in front of me causing me to jump in my seat. I looked over at the ice to see Brad laughing with Berg.

Rob rubbed my arm, “Don’t be so jumpy,” He placed a kiss on my cheek. “I’m gonna go get us some beer, okay?”

I nodded as I watched the guys on the ice. Once Rob had left, Marsh skated to the bench. He walked over to the bars where our seats were and said, “What the hell Gab, I didn’t give you the tickets so you could break Berg’s heart what happened to the girl friend?”

“What are you talking about? I brought Rob so we could have a good night nothing else.” I spat back.

“Whatever, this was a crappy move.” Marsh said walking down the aisle to the locker rooms as the rest of the guys passed by.

Rob came back and wrapped an arm around me as we both leaned to give them all high fives. Tyler stopped in his tracks when he saw us and looked at me with a disappointed face before shaking his head at me. That was it. I had, had enough. I sat down in my seat and took a large gulp of my beer. This was going to be a long night.

When the end of the first period came, I got up and left to get away from Rob. He knew absolutely nothing about hockey and was being one of those annoying people who cheer about things they don’t understand.

For example at one point, he yelled, “You did not just Ice him! Good call ref.” He looked down at my horrified face, “I can’t believe he iced him.”

I buried my face in my hands as Looch turned around and said, “Gotch’ yourself a keeper there.”

That wasn’t as annoying as the questions he kept asking me about the game. I missed Horton goal because I was explaining things to him. I was beyond frustrated.

I decided on eating so I got in line at the concessions, bam out of nowhere Rob’s behind me holding onto me. I hadn’t noticed it before but he is excessively clingy. I pulled out of his grasp and put on my best smile as I turned back to the menu board deciding on what I wanted. I gave my order to the cashier and turned to Rob who was staring at some ice girl.

I sighed heavily, “You want something to eat?”

“Oh, no I’m not hungry.” He said walking away from me over to the girls.

I turned back to the cashier and gave him my credit card and ID. I took my food back to my seat pissed off at Rob. Just before second started he came back and placed a quick peck on my cheek before taking a handful of my fries. I looked at him annoyed. He was too busy saying stupid things to notice. It was here at this moment that I knew we weren’t going anywhere.

Thankfully the game flew by I leaned over the bars as the guys went by for the final time When Seguin walked by I whispered, “Save me.” As I gave him the most pathetic puppy dog face I could muster.

“Com’ere.” He said picking me up over the bars and putting me on his shoulder as he walked away down the aisle.

“Hey, where are you going?” Rob yelled down the hall at us.

Tyler put me down when we got to the locker room and stared at me blankly for a moment, “So lover boy didn’t work out?”

“He was hockey retarded!” I sighed in frustration. “Thanks for saving me.”

“Anytime.” He said smiling, “Wait here I’ll come grab you once everyone’s dressed.”

I nodded happily. I stood there alone in the hall until the rest of the wives and girlfriends came down. Brittany came running over to me.

“Hey, I didn’t know you came tonight.” She said smiling. “How you been feeling?”

“I’ve been feeling good, and you? Look at that belly! I hope I look this good when I’m pregnant.” I said rubbing her belly.

“I’m just really swollen and ready to see my toes again.” She said laughing. “So are you gonna come out with us tonight?”

“Uh, I don’t know, Ty said to wait here so I guess I’ll see.”

“If you do, you should keep this sober mommy company” Britt said pouting, “It’s so hard not drinking when you live with a frat boy.”

I started to laugh just as Tyler came out on normal clothes. He walked over to us giving Brittany a hug, “You’ve got the baby momma glow.”

Brittany started to laugh, “I’ll tell Looch you slapped me Seguin.” She said still laughing.

“I take it back!” Tyler said quickly putting his hands up in defense.

~~~~

We ended up some new ritzy club, mostly everyone was on the floor dancing, I was trying to avoid the sad looks Patrice kept sending me. I was getting drunk and starting to feel bad for him again. I sat at my table with Brittany staring at Berg from across the bar as he stared back at me.

“Why don’t you go talk to him?” Brittany suggested hopefully.

“About what? How I blame him for everything?” I said upset.

“Honey,” She said moving closer and wrapping me up in a hug, “He didn’t make your plane crash; he made your world go round. I wouldn’t say this if I didn’t love you, go talk to him.”

I pulled away and looked at her for a moment shaking my head, “Alright, I’ll go talk to him.” I said sighing.

I caught eyes with him as I walked over to his table, “Can I sit down?”

“Yea sure,” He said standing to pull out my chair for me.

I smiled and said, “Thanks.” I stared into his eyes trying to find the right words to say, “Pat,” I realized that the club was way too loud for us to be having this conversation, “Wanna get out of here?” I hollered.

He let a smile flash on his face before going back to its solitary form, “Yea, come on.” His arm wrapped around my waist softly as he led me through the crowd. Once out on the street he released his grasp on my body.

“My hotels just a couple blocks, want to walk?” He asked.

“I’d love to,” I said smiling back at him; it was safe to say that he already knew my answer before he even asked the question. He knew me better than I knew myself. Maybe that was the real reason I had all of this animosity towards him.

He turned to me as we started to walk down the cobblestone sidewalk. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Is it that obvious?” I asked softly blushing.

“Well I mean why else would you be talking to me?” He asked the hurt evident in his voice.
I stopped walking and sat down on a bench facing the water, you could see all the lights from the boats in the distance. It was beautiful. I patted the spot next to me, “Have a seat?” I asked.

He sat down next to me leaving a gap between us. Closing that gap, I snuggled into his side taking in his scent. Again, another flashback came up fresh in my mind.

“Gabriella, have you seen my boxers?” Patrice asked down the hall of my apartment.

“Ummm maybe,” I said laughing as I came into his view wearing the boxers he was looking for.

He laughed softly as he walked down the hall to me, wrapping me up in his arms. “Keep ‘em they look better on you anyways.”

I smiled into his shoulder as we started to sway back in forth down to my bedroom. We fell gently onto my bed still in each other’s arms. I blew my bangs out of my eyes and looked at him. Taking everything in: His eyes, nose, lips, the cute smile lines growing on his face, the scar in his beard where hair didn’t grow.

“Never give me up.” I whispered softly.

He cupped my cheek, “What are you talking about baby?”

“I mean, no matter what happens down the road, how awful or unattractive I get,” I said giggling, “Stay with me, be whatever I need at the time. When I fall apart wait for me to build myself back together.”

Patrice placed a soft kiss on my lips before starting to speak, “I promise that no matter what happens between us I will never give up on you, I will always wait for you to come back to me when things get hard. I promise to find you attractive, even when you get too drunk with Brad.” He said laughing.

I hit him softly with pillow as he pulled the sheets of my bed up over us. His scent filled the space between us as he went in for a kiss, “Was that what you needed?” He asked tenderly touching my body with his fingertips.

“You’re all I will ever need.” I said placing a kiss on his nose before he started to tickle me.


I blinked back as Berg waved his hand in front of my face, “Where’d you go?” He asked laughing softly.

“I just remembered something.” I said smiling at him tenderly. “Remember when you promised to wait for me to come back to you?” I asked resting my head on his shoulder.

“Yea of course I remember,” He said wrapping his arm around me, “I’m trying my best to keep that promise love.”

“Pat, listen, I know I’m difficult.” I began, “I know since the accident I’ve done a lot to hurt you, some of it intentional some of it not. I just want you to know, that I’m going to try my best to find my way back to you.” I looked up into his eyes waiting for a response.

“I’ll always be right here,” He said placing a kiss on my forehead. “We can start slow if you want.”

“I’d like that.” I said softly.

“Wanna come back to the hotel? I’ve got two beds in my suit.” Berg offered as he helped me up from the bench.
“Yea sure.” I said shrugging.

We started walking the short distance to his hotel. Once inside we went straight up to his room, I kicked off my heels and walked into the kitchen with Patrice.

“Don’t you stay in like I don’t know normal rooms?” I teased.

“This is normal,” He said laughing as he handed me a bottle of water. He looked down at my legs, “When’d you get your tattoo?” He asked pointing to the birds on my leg.

“They’re tights.” I said pulling at the mesh material, “I’m way too afraid of needles for that shit.”

“I know, when you first went into the hospital you fought the nurses. I had to hold you down on the bed while they sedated you.” Patrice said scratching the back of his neck like he always did when he felt nervous.

“Doesn’t surprise me.” I said giving him a warm smile. “I feel like for the first time since my accident that I’m genuinely smiling.”

“You seemed pretty smiley with that guy tonight.” Berg said jealously. “Christ, I’m sorry I didn’t want to say that.” His hand pulled at his hair in frustration.

“It’s alright, you’re kinda sexy when you’re jealous.” I said with a seductive smile. I placed my hands on his shoulders, going up on my tippy toes to place a kiss on his lips. When I went to pull away Berg held me in the air, staring back into my eyes.

“Is that what he was about? Cause it worked.” A smirk played at his lips.

“Honestly I just met him last night, but I won’t be seeing him again. Rob was really annoying.” I said laughing. “He ruined the game for me by asking all these questions and just not knowing what he was talking about, and then he ate most of my meal after saying he wasn’t hungry. Like, you could have had your own meal, leave mine alone.” I ranted.

Berg just laughed at me, “I would’ve left him there.”

“I did after the game Ty saved me.” We both laughed as we sat on the couch. “I should probably get some sleep.” I declared.

“Yea it’s pretty late, Bedrooms right here.” He said flicking the light on in the room. “You can choose which bed you’d like, I don’t care.” Berg went into his bag and pulled out a long flannel shirt, “You can sleep in this if you want.” He said handing me it.

“Thanks.” I smiled stripping down into just my underwear.

“Wow, you really aren’t fair.” Berg said eyes raking over my body.

“Oh, I didn’t even think about it I’m sorry.” I said turning a deep shade of red; quickly I pulled his shirt over my head.

“I was only half teasing.” He said laughing.

I climbed into bed and pulled the blankets up around me as I waited for him to get into bed. He stripped down in to his boxers revealing his chiseled stone body. I suddenly felt hot. He shut the light out whispering to me once he was in his bed, “Good night Gabriella.”

“Sweet dreams.” I said turning on my side and shutting my tired eyes.

~~~~

“Honey wake up!”

I snapped up out of the bed gasping for air as tears flowed down my cheeks. I had had another night tremor. It was about the same thing, the plane crash, but this time the man being ripped from my arms was Patrice.

“Wanna talk about it?” He asked holding me tightly against his chest as he rubbed my back.

“No,” I whispered.

“Alright, well I’m here now Love. I’ve got you, get some sleep.”

“Okay,” I said wrapping my arms around Patrice as we layed there.

I fell asleep to the realization that I didn’t have to remember what it was that Patrice and I had. We were starting something new, something completely our own. Maybe someday I would fully get my memory back and see that I did love him before, but for now, I was focusing on the fact that I was refalling in love with him all over again. No matter what, I would always come back to him and he would always be waiting for me. Why? Because he was my person, and that’s all there is to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update this. This week has been all kinds of crazy!my bf was getting upset I was writing because we're away at his parents this weekend, but you guys deserved an update. :) Hope you all like the new direction this is taking after your comments about last chapter I thought i wouldn't punish us with this Rob shit haha. He might come back later on just to spice things up, but I haven't fully committed yet. Let me know what you all think in the comments :)