Sequel: Twice Baked
Status: Comment, subscribe, reccomend <3

Please Remember Me

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Pretty girl, pretty girl, pretty girl you should be smiling. A girl like you should never live so blue. You're everything I see in my dreams, I wouldn't say that to you if it wasn't true. I know that you don't know it, but you're fine, so fine. Oh girl I'm gonna show you when you're mine, oh mine. Treasure, that is what you are, Honey you're my golden star. You know you can make my wish come true if you let me treasure you; if you let me treasure you. You are my treasure; you are my treasure. You are my treasure, yeah, you you you, you are. You are my treasure; you are my treasure. You are my treasure, yeah, you you you, you are.

My ringtone blasted throughout the hotel room. Bolting out of bed, I ran out of the room trying to get to my phone before Patrice woke up. I grabbed my purse and pulled my phone out. Quickly I answered it without bothering to check who was waking everybody up.

“Hello?” I answered as I quietly snuck off to the bathroom so I didn’t wake him up.

“Thanks for ditching me the other night.” Rob’s annoyed voice said over the phone.

His voice hit me like a bag of bricks. Honestly, it felt like years had passed since last night when I left him after the game. My breakthrough with Patrice had wiped any preexisting dilemmas from my mind. Until now…

“Listen,” I let out the sigh I was holding in, “My life is complicated right now, and I don’t think we can continue what we have. I’m trying to figure out who I was and regain my memory. And it’s just that.” I stopped midsentence when I noticed Patrice standing in the doorway looking at me confused.

Who is that? He mouthed to me. I held my finger up to him signaling him to give me a second. He nodded and left me alone in the bathroom.

“Gabriella? Are you still there?” Rob asked.

“Uh, yep sorry. It’s just Starting a new life isn’t optional. I want the life I had back. The only way I can have that is if I have Pat. I’m really sorry I brought you into this.” I said truly feeling sorry for what I was putting Rob through. He may have had his quirks, but he was a really nice guy.

There was a long pause on the line before He answered the disconnect evident in his tone, “I hope you find what you were looking for. See you around I guess.”

“Bye.” I said before I heard the click.

I felt my heart sink as I put my face into my hands. So much damage had come from the plane crash, sometimes to the point I feel that I can’t bear it facing myself in the mirror I pulled it together before walking into the kitchen. Pat was there drinking a glass of orange juice.

“Who was that?” He asked.

“It was Rob, sorry it woke you up.” I said walking closer to him. I waited a few inches for him to close the space between us. When he stood firm I took a step back and stared at him questionably.

He didn’t say a word, just walked away to grab his bag. I watched from the kitchen as he slung it over his shoulder before walking towards the door. The look on his face made my heart ache as he turned to look at me.

Before he could leave, I ran over to him and threw my arms around his neck knocking him back against the door. His lips curved up into a grin giving me butterflies. I smiled up at him before resting my head softly on his chest.

“You aren’t leaving without saying goodbye to me.” I said squeezing him tightly.
He let out a soft chuckle, “You’re right, I’m sorry, I’m heading to practice. See you after?” He asked turning his head so that he could see me.

“Sure, I can come pick you up after.” I said smiling.

“I left you something on the bed, I’m gonna be late though so goodbye.” He said placing a kiss on my cheek as I let him go.

I closed the door behind him before walking back into the bedroom to see an outfit laid out on the bed with a note. I picked up and read his thick manuscript.

I had picked this up for you a while back, enjoy your day beautiful.

My hand grazed over the outfit Patrice had laid out for me on the bed. It wasn’t something that I would usually wear, but I liked the color choices. As I made my way to the bathroom, I stripped out of my clothes. Finally, in the shower I let the water hit my body as I mulled over everything happening. Since waking up in the hospital, I felt as though my life flash by on fast forward, until last night. It feels as though years have passed since last night until now. I finally let down my walls to Patrice and was ready to begin my full recovery. I knew that this path wasn’t going to be easy, but it was the right choice. The Shower ran cold breaking me free of my thought patterns. I jumped out of the shower shivering as I wrapped myself up in a fuzzy towel. I got dressed in my newly acquired outfit and examined myself in the mirror. I did what I could with the makeup I had in my purse, ending up with a bold cateye and red lip. I let my hair air dry as I walked around the hotel room gathering up my things, making sure not to forget anything.

Once I was set, I left to pick up Pat from practice. I had to walk back to my apartment first to grab my car and then rush over to Ristuccia Arena. Flying down the highway, I made it there in record time. I arrived an hour early so I decided to go in and check in on the guys. Walking through the lobby, I made my way to the stands. I looked around to see all the fans there cheering on their favorite players. It filled me with pride to know I came from the best sports city in the world and that, in a sense, a part of the Bruins family these people were cheering on. I found a seat by the glass just behind the net. Watching intently as the guys did their cycles I was able to spot Patrice almost immediately. He was joking with Danny about something as he threw his head back softly laughing. I couldn’t help but smile. This man I watched on the ice had done a 180 since last night’s game, and I had an inkling as to why. Pat’s whole persona seemed as though it had been lightened. My creeping on Patrice was suddenly interrupted when Brad came banging into the glass in front of me.

“Jesus Christ!” I yelled as I shot up out of my seat with my hand grasping at my now pounding heart.

Brad laughed loudly at me, “Nice to see you around.” He said as he skated off.

I shook my head as I laughed quietly. I watched as Brad skated towards Pat and to my assumption told him what he had done. When Patrice came skating over to me my guess was confirmed.

“Marshy scared you pretty bad huh?” He asked snickering.

“Yea that prick.” I said laughing along.

“I’ll get him back for you later don’t worry, I gotta get back and lead the stretch, but meet me by the tunnel?” He asked scratching the back of his neck anxiously.

I placed my hand up on the cold glass separating us while I smiled warmly at him, “You don’t have to be so nervous Pat, we’re okay.”

He looked down at his skates before looking back up at my eyes, “That obvious, eh?” His accent thick in his words.

“Just a little bit,” I said giggling, “Go stretch I’ll meet you over there.” I said blowing him a kiss.

Turning around, I was bombarded by dirty looks from these girls. “Uh, can I help you?” I asked confused.

The one in six inch heels scoffed, “What a hoe.” Before she and the rest of her puckslut friends walked off.

I stood there utterly shocked. I had never had an encounter like that with Patrice’s fans usually they were the nicest girls. Brushing it off my shoulders, I walked over to the locker room entrance and waited for Patrice to finish the stretch.

He walked over to me still in his skates, I was taken back by how much larger he was than me.
“Hi big guy.” I beamed.

He just laughed, “I’m gonna shower and change real quick I’ll come get you after.” He gave me a soft peck on the cheek before walking down the hall. I was instantly hit with another memory.

“Where are we going?” I asked laughing as Patrice led me running down one of the halls at the arena.

I held his hand tightly as he led me around a corner. He turned pressing me up against the wall, Patrice stared affectionately into my eyes before kissing me softly on the lips.

He pulled his head back with his body still pinning me against the wall, “I think I love you,” He said softly almost as if it was only meant for his ears.

I smiled brightly before kissing him hard on the mouth. So much emotion was poured into the kiss. As my hands snaked through his hair, his hands gripped my thighs lifting me up off the ground as my legs wrapped themselves around his thighs. I felt his tongue gently glide across my bottom lip asking permission. I opened my lips allowing our tongues to fight for dominance.
“Get a fucking room you French whore.” Brad said to Pat, as he walked down the hall with Tyler catching us in our private moment.

I instantly released Pat as I blushed all shades of red. I hid my face in his chest as he held my body still close to his.

“You barge in when were in my bedroom anyways you Pervert.” Bergy shot back in defense.
When the boys walked off laughing I peeked up at Patrice still blushing. “At least we had clothes on this time.” I said shrugging.

He laughed before placing a last kiss on my cheek, “I’ve gotta get to practice, I’ll come get you after.” His mouth shined the biggest smile before he turned and ran down the hall after the boys.


“You ready beautiful,” Patrice asked coming out looking handsome as ever in a pair of nice fitting jeans and button down lilac shirt paired with a black tie and sweater. I couldn’t hide my goofy smile from him. “What’s up?”

“I just remembered something.” I said taking his arm and walking out of the building.

“Really?” He said looking down at me with a happy smirk, “What was it?”

“We snuck off and got caught by Brad and Ty.” I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder, “You think someday everything is just gonna hit me like a ton of bricks and I’ll remember what we were like?”

“Babe, you don’t have to remember, I’m going to show you.” He said softly before kissing my cheek.

We got into the car and drove back into Boston in a comfortable silence. I mostly stared out the window going over every moment of the memory I had just surfaced. When I noticed Patrice took a turn opposite in the direction of home I turned to look at him. He sat there with this knowing grin on his face.

“Don’t even ask, I’m not going to tell you.” He said mischievously.

“I wasn’t okay fine I was.” I said pausing to let him laugh at me, “Seriously where are we going?” I asked evoking more laughs from Pat.

I took his hand that was laying on the center console in mine and started nervously playing with it. I traced small circles with my thumb as I tried to uncover our destination. After a half hour, I gave up.

“You want to know what we’re going to do?” He asked teasingly.

“You aren’t going to tell me anyways.” I said mock pouting. I let his hand fall from my lap as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Well I was but I’m not anymore because you were fresh.” He said raising an eyebrow at me.
I hit him playfully as I sat up on my knees. “You are such a liar, I knew you wouldn’t tell me!” I said laughing.

“I’m trying to drive here,” He said as he caught my fists in his hand. “We’re going on a train ride.” He said smiling.

“Really?” I said beaming with happiness. I wrapped my arms around his chest and kissed him on the cheek over and over.

“You are going to get us killed.” He said laughing.

I retreated into my seat with a satisfied smile on my face. The rest of the drive went by in a flash and before I knew it, Patrice and I were on a train going through the beautiful fall colored woods. We sat on our bench snuggled up close to each other both looking out the windows as the autumn colors flashed by. Everything was stunning.

Patrice pulled me in closer to him as he placed a small kiss on top of my head, “Remember the first time we met?” He asked softly.

I nodded into his warm chest, “I remember seeing you across the ice and thinking to myself ‘oh my god I should have dressed better”

“I remember seeing you helping some kid skate and asking who that beautiful girl is over there.” He said smiling.

“Lies you were like somebody needs to teach her how to skate.” I said laughing full heartedly.

“That was after you fell.” Patrice laughed with me.

~~~~

At the end of the night, he had to carry my sleeping body up to my apartment. Gently Patrice tucked me into bed before laying a soft kiss on my lips.

“Goodnight Beautiful.” He said before leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever since I have updated Hopefully getting and update up for Out Of The Ashes this week also!
Thanks for being the best readers as always :) let me know what you all think in the comments!!