Status: updates weekly

India

16

Alex woke up the following Monday overly happy. He'd actually kissed India. That one night alone with her meant more than a million nights spent with other girls. Something about her was drawing him towards her, and he couldn't stop himself. Alex had found himself detatching from his drinking. Not counting his slip up a few weekends ago, he'd been sober almost five weeks, which was something he never would have bothered trying a few months ago. Being around India was changing him, but in a good way. He was becoming responsible, and taking responsibility for himself. India needed someone strong to take care of her, and he knew he couldnt do that if every saturday night was spent vomiting on the side of the road. 

The only other thing lingering on his mind was the night he spent with Lisa. The logical side of him knew there was nothing stopping him from doing that. He and India weren't together. He was just as single as he'd been when she wasnt here.
The other side of him knew his actions were wrong. India thought he was sober and along with that, not sleeping around. There was no9 way in a million years that he'd tell her. All the trust she currently had in him would be gone in two seconds if she ever found out.

Alex waited outside for India, leaning against his car. A small smile passed his lips when she stepped outside, a scarf wrapped around her neck. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing her signature leggings and oversized jersey. The only difference this time was that it was Alex's prized ravens jersey. Nothing made him happier than that, knowing everyone at school would be aware of the fact that India and him were close enough that she wore his clothes. This had never happened before.
"Morning beautiful." He smiled and slipped his arms aroundher waist, hugging her.
She chuckled, arms wrapping around his neck. "Hey." She said softly, blushing a bit.
"Nice hoodie," he commented with a grin, leaning his forehead down against hers.
"Thanks, i like it too." She smirked sarcastically, kissing him gently.
Alex kept his lips on hers for as long as she would allow, never wanting to pull away. She tasted faintly of the peppermint tea she always drank and her cherry flavoured chapstick. It had become one of his favourite things about her.
"Jesus christ you're beautiful." He said quietly, biting his lower lip. Being up close to her like this gave him butterflies. He felt like a 14 year old girl when he was around her. The way she looked at him and chuckled when he said something lame. The way she tried to hide behind her hair and the way she would smile just slightly and look down at her feet when he complimented her. 
"Come on, lets go."

The entire school was buzzing with the news. Alex.Gaskarth had walked into school holding hands with a girl, and that girl was wearing his favourite hoodie. Nobody could believe their eyes. Seeing him being so gentle and happy with a girl was something the school wasnt used too at all. He wasnt rude. He didnt stop to chat up girls or comment crudely on how they looked. He didnt whistle and he didnt brag about his wild weekend. He simply held Indias hand and walked her to her classes, kissing her cheek every now and then just to see her blush.
Nearly every girl in the school was furious. Winning over Alex's heart was something they all wanted more than anything, but it was something none of them had been able to do. India had done it in only a few weeks, and she hadnt even tried. Being herself was enough to make Alex fall for her.

News spread fast. Jack slammed the door of his locker, angry at the fact that his best friend had ditched him yet again to hang out with her. He was more hurt whe he heard about the two of them. Alex had barely talked to him about it. 
He fixed the beanie on his head and walked down the hallway into the cafeteria, biting his lip when he saw Alex sitting at their table with India right next to him.
"Hey." He said, sitting down opposite Alex. He'd never spoken to India. She was kinda cute though.
"Hey man. I wanted you to meet someone." Alex smiled a little, his hand finding hers under the table.
"Yeah, nice to finally meet her. Did you forget about saturday or you just not have the decency to text and say you were off nailing some girl?" Jack spat, glaring at Alex.
India bit her lower lip, looking down. She felt terrible. Alex had been witb her the entire weekend. Even though she had no idea he had plans, this felt like all her fault.
"Shut up. I wasnt nailing her, dont be disgusting. Im sorry about Saturday, i completely forgot." He sighed a little. Alex really did feel bad for ditching Jack so much lately. 
"Whatever. Zacks having a party in two weeks. You going to be there?"
Alex nodded. "Promise. Would you want to come?" He asked, looking down at India.
She nodded smally, glancing at him. 
"Yeah, sure."
"Anyway. So this is the girl you've been ditching us all for?" Jack asked, gesturing to India.
"Yeah. This is India. India, this is my best friend Jack." 
She smiled. "Its nice to meet you." She said.
Jack bit his lip. "You too, Take care of Alex, hes fragile." He joked, a hint of seriousness in his tone. Observing Alex with this girl was just downright weird. He sat different. One part of his body was always touching hers. He didnt make rude jokes or try and kiss her all the time. He treated her perfectly, like she was the most imoortant thing in the world. It was almost unsettling. He definitely wasnt the same Alex he knew a few weeks ago. 
"I will, i promise." India replied, smiling a little. 
Alex sighed slightly, pressing his lips to her forehead. "I need to go take care of a few things, i wont be long." He said, getting up.
India bit her lip, hands retreating into the sleeves of her hoodie. 
"Okay, i'll see you soon."

Jack waited until Alex had left before he spoke.
"What the fuck are you doing to my best friend?" He said sharply, cutting right to the chase.
India looked up at him, her eyebrows creased. "What do you mean?"
"What do you want from him? Popularity? Money? You cant actually believe that he likes you. Has nobody told you what hes like?" He asked.
India bit her lip. "I dont want to be popular. I just like hanging around him. Its hard to explain."
"You're changing him and I dont like it. I've had to get drunk the last few weekends by myself, and thats your fault."
India bit her lip. "He doesnt drink anymore."
Jack blinked a few times, eyebrows creasing together. Alex had been as hammered as ever last weekend. This girl was dilusional
"Yeah, cause he spends all his time with you. I want my best friend back." He covered, figuring Alex could deal with that one on his own.
"Hes still your best friend. Jack im sorry, i dont want you to hate me. I havent known Alex for long at all, but he means a lot to me. He makes me feel different."
Jack shook his head. "India, you seem like a nice girl. Im just warning you now, Alex will break your heart. Its in his nature. He wont stay tied down for long. He'll get what he wants then he'll move on, or he'll get bored of waiting."
She looked down. "I dont believe you. Hes different, he hasnt even hinted at anything like that. I trust him."
"Thats a really dumb thing to do."
She sighed. "Please dont hate me. I really care about him, i promise im not using him for anything." 
"I dont hate you, but i definitely cant say that I like you either. You're getting yourself into a lot more than you think with him. He might seem different, but he will always be the Alex that i know. That wont ever change."
India sat still, her eyes fixed on her hands as Jack got up and walked away. Everything Jack had just said had started to worry her. What if he did leave her like everyone else? Maybe he didnt even like her. Maybe he did just want sex and nothing more. So many things were running through her head right now. She didnt even know what she wanted anymore
♠ ♠ ♠
Huge filler chapter bc i suck. Comments would be good, i only got one of the last chapter (sorry if i sound whiney?)