Status: New - Still In Progress

Could It Be

I Still Love You

The sun welcoming itself between the curtains in my bedroom slowly woke me up from the best sleep I’ve had in weeks. Stretching, I noticed that James’ side of the bed was cold, “James must be in the shower or down in the kitchen getting breakfast,” I said to myself.

After lying in bed around 20 minutes just thinking about what happened over the past couple of weeks and how James and I went from being the couple to be to the couple you don’t want to be, I decided it was time to get out of bed and see if James was still home or not.

I decided on a pink summer dress with some light make-up and I skipped down the stairs to start my day and try to patch up my relationship with James, but my thoughts were stopped immediately when
I entered the kitchen and saw James standing to the counter buttering his toast while waiting for the coffee pot to heat up.

He never even flinched when I placed my hand between his shoulder blades and whispered a ‘good morning.’ I felt a pang of guilt and pain flow through my entire body because I remember when mornings with James were so different. I would come down stairs and see the same scene before my eyes, but when he noticed me in the kitchen, he would pick me up, spin me around and kiss me until we both had to stop because of lack of oxygen. He would then prop me up on the counter while he finished the breakfast he was making first and give it to me, I would eat and watch him while he made his own. Most times we would never even get to eat because the kissing would lead to hot morning sex in the kitchen.

“Excuse me,” James mumbled while reaching for the mugs in the cupboard above where I was standing

“Oh, yeah sure,” I said while moving out of his way and walking out of the kitchen while fighting back tears.

I locked myself in the bathroom as I felt the hot tears roll down my cheeks smudging the make-up I applied no less than 20 minutes ago. I let out large sobs as my back slid down the wall until I was sitting on the cold tiles on the floor. I let my head fall into my hands and I started pulling my hair because it was all my fault, I’m the reason for this large bump in our relationship. I made a huge mistake and now I’m realizing how big a mistake it really was, I haven’t even attempted to talk to Mike since James caught us, and I doubt James made any attempt to keep in touch, but I do know that he was talking to his parents, Nick, Pete and Rebecca. I just wonder if they think I’m the biggest slut that he ever brought home.

No more than 5 seconds later I heard a soft knock on the bathroom door, “hey, Scar, you okay? I can hear you crying downstairs.”

“Yeah Jay, I’m fine.”

“You’re obviously not if I can hear you downstairs. Listen, just because of this….whatever this is right now between us, doesn’t mean that I don’t care about you. I still care about you Scarlett and you cheating on me with my brother is obviously going to make me mad, but it’s only because I care about you so much and it hurts that you don’t care about me as much as I care about you.”

I just sat there listening to James spill his heart out to me and I said nothing, I didn’t move, I don’t even think I was breathing, I was just listening.

I opening the door to see James on one knee with a velvet box opened up exposing the most beautiful ring I’ve even seen in my life, James looked up at me with hopeful eyes, “Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I would just like to thank the subscribers for actually reading this story and liking ti enough to want to read more.

I would also like to thank nutella_unicorn for reccommending

I would like to thank realdeal18 and KylieJames for commenting with kind words.

Let me know what you think about this chapter and what you would like to see next between Scarlett and James. What should she say? Do you think James is making a big mistake?