I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

But... My Brother

Throughout Ryan’s recovery, I just felt like I needed to be there for him. I know Kirstie’s his girlfriend and I should probably back off, but… that’s my brother! I was always the one to take care of him. I can’t just shut that off. No matter how much him or Jake preach to me, I cannot stay away from Ryan’s house!

I was going to stop by today. While he’s down, I’ve been the communicator between him and his sponsors. They wanted to be kept informed of his condition. It’s sweet, but… I know they’re just waiting for the day when I tell them that he’s back on his bike. Since I talked to them, I needed to tell them what was all said. It’s my excuse!

“Where are you going?” Jake asked as I came down the stairs, ready to leave.

“Ryan’s,” I answered.

“You were just there yesterday...” he countered.

“I know, but…”

“Ky,” he wouldn’t let me finish.

“I need to go see him,” I groaned. I wasn’t lying! I did!

“Why?” he crossed his arms and leaned against the kitchen counter as he asked.

“Because!” was the best thing that I could come up with.

“Ky, he’s fine,” he replied, letting a smile take over his face.

“I just need to go…”

“No,” he cut me off once more.

“I’ll be back…” I said and tried to head for the door.

“No!” he repeated and came after me.

I tried to hurry so he wouldn’t get me. Somehow, I fumbled with the doorknob though! NO! His arms found their way around my middle. He lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder, bringing squeals out of me.

“Not letting you go,” he snickered and gave my butt a playful smack.

“But, Jake!” I managed to push out even though his little love tap left me yelping.

“My wifey,” he muttered under his breath.

I just rolled my eyes and quit trying to fight him. The main reason was because I didn’t want us to go tumbling down the stairs if he lost his balance from my legs kicking. Once he was to the top, he continued on to our room. I just came from there! No! Put me down, Jacob! I need to go! He did eventually though… right onto our bed. Before I had time to wiggle away, he put a knee on each side of my hips, allowing him to straddle me. NO!

“Let me go!” I whined.

“You’re not going to Ryan’s,” he replied.

“But… my brother,” I pouted at him.

“But your hubby,” he pouted as well… and it was getting to me!

“Jake!” I groaned and dipped my head back so that I wouldn’t be forced to look at him.

“But I love you,” he spoke.

I didn’t even get the chance to reply. I felt his lips start brushing against the exposed skin of my neck. The short prickles from the stubble of his chin brought a surprised whimper out of me. He wasn’t supposed to do that!

“Jake!” I gave one last attempt.

“You’re staying here,” he glanced up at me, showing off a slightly cocky smirk… that drove me crazy!

Nowhere in me did I have the willpower to fight back with anything. He had me wrapped around his long, pudgy fingers right now! This wasn’t fair! I needed to go see my brother! Not… be lovey with my husband!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??