I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Does It Bother You?

“Ryan,” I called out once I put the groceries down in the kitchen.

“What babe?” He asked, hobbling into the kitchen.

“No, sit down Ry,” I cooed, going over to lead him back to the couch and I sat with him. “What’s wrong with Ky?”

Ryan just shrugged and I sent him a look. I knew it couldn’t have been nothing!

“She seemed really upset just a minute ago and she wouldn’t stop to talk to me,” I replied. “What happened?”

“I told her to go home,” Ryan huffed.

“Did you really say that?” I asked.

“Yeah,” He said.

“That’s mean Ryan,” I replied. “You probably hurt her feelings! I mean, she is just trying to help.”

Ryan let out a huff before he fell back farther into the couch. I curled up next to him and rested my hand on his cheek, gently stroking it.

“Why is it bothering you so much? I mean, she has lived with you your entire life up until like a month ago,” I countered.

“I just want her to be with Jake! She doesn’t need to take care of me, she needs to give her attention to Jake,” He said.

“But you still don’t have to be mean to her,” I brought up. “I think you should apologize.”

“Yeah…” Ryan trailed off, running a hand through his hair. “I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings. I just am frustrated that she won’t listen to me when I say I’m fine and besides, I can tell you…don’t really like when she’s around.”

“What?” I asked. “Why would you say that, she’s my best friend.”

“I don’t know but whenever she’s here, you seem to just kind of fade into the background and don’t say too much or anything,” Ryan brought up.

“N-no, I don’t,” I tried to rebut.

“Yes you do,” He stated. “Does it bother you?”

“No,” I mumbled.

“Kirstie,” Ryan said in a knowing tone.

I let out a sigh and Ryan knew I was about to tell. He kissed my cheek and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as I melted farther in his embrace.

“It’s not Kylee that bothers me, it’s just…I don’t know. I feel like she doesn’t trust me to take good care of you and I guess it just hurts a little,” I explained.

“Aw babe, Ky loves you. I mean you guys have been friends a long time and she’s just protective, I’m sure that’s not it,” He tried to assure me.

“No it is that,” I told him. “It’s kind of a weird thing with girls and sometimes you feel like someone can’t take as good of care of the guy in your life as you can. I’ve felt that way about Jake sometimes but then when he got Ky, I knew she could be there for him more than I could. I just love you so much and I love Ky and I want her to know I’ll take care of you and I don’t think she truly thinks I can.”

“Kirstie,” Ryan cooed, pulling me against his chest. “I think you’re wonderful and you take such good care of me. I love having you with me and I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

I snuffled as I rested my head on his chest. I thought was sweet how he encouraged me, but Ky’s approval is the approval I want and it hurts that I don’t have it. But I think right now a bigger problem is that Ky’s probably upset right now because her big brother wasn’t very nice to her…
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

comments?