I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

What's it Say?!

Over the next few days, Jake has been giving me little baby and mommy to be gifts. It’s starting to really tick me off! I’m not pregnant! The only way he said he’ll stop is if I take a pregnancy test! I’m not taking one! I know I’m not pregnant, so I don’t need to! Jake just needs to focus on his racing. I’ll worry about me.

Today, Jake was out riding… and he still managed to leave a bag of stuff for me in the kitchen! I hadn’t opened it yet. I knew what was in it. It’s baby and mommy stuff. Kirstie was coming over though. I haven’t seen her since Ryan and I’s blow out. We’ve talked, but… I kind of miss her. I need my bestie!

When she came in, I went over and gave her the biggest hug. She even squealed as we embraced too. It was sweet. I missed her so much! After we chatted for a few minutes, she asked if she could talk to me about something. She had a serious tone in her voice. Uh oh…

“I just wanted to talk to you about the whole Ryan thing,” she started once we each pulled a stool up at the counter.

“We don’t have to. I’m over it,” I muttered. I should have known she wants to talk about him…

“It’s kind of… more about you and I instead of Ryan and you,” she went on to explain.

“But I don’t have a problem with you,” I assured her.

“But… I think you do,” she spoke softly.

“No, I…”

“I feel like… you don’t trust me to take care of your brother,” she cut me off in a hurry.

“I never said that I didn’t…”

“But the way you acted whenever you were at his house…”

“That doesn’t mean that I don’t trust you. I was just used to doing it so… why not still do it?” I shrugged, feeling bad for hurting her… and maybe a little upset that… she was right.

“Ky, I love him,” she replied.

“I know you do,” I nodded my head.

“So I’m going to take care of him as best as I can,” she added.

“I know,” I huffed. “he’s just… my brother,” was the only thing I could think to say.

“I know and I know you guys are really close, but I just want you to trust me in that I’ll be able to take care of him as well as you did,” she explained.

“I do. It’s just… weird,” I pushed out through a smile.

“I don’t expect you to stop doing things for him, but… just… let us kind of take care of each other. You have a husband now that I’m sure wants all of your attention anyway,” she snickered.

I just rolled my eyes. He wants all of my attention all right; all of my attention to be focused on being pregnant! Um… no!

“Ryan wanted to… talk to you about something, but he knew you were hurt and that you would come back around when you were ready,” she spoke up once more.

“About what?”

“I don’t know! He wouldn’t tell me!” she groaned playfully.

I just shook my head and tried to hold in my smile. Stupid Ryan! I’m mad at him and I still want to know!

“So, what’d Jakey get you?” she asked since she saw the bag in front of us on the counter.

“He thinks I’m pregnant,” I rolled my eyes again.

“Aw, he told me. He’s excited about it,” she smiled.

“He’s such a dork. He’s been giving me little baby and mommy to be things,” I went on.

“And you still don’t know?!” she shot back teasingly.

“I don’t think I am!”

“What’d he get you today?” she questioned.

“I haven’t opened it. I don’t know,” I laughed and brought the bag closer.

She encouraged me to open it. So, I did… and wanted to smack Jake the next time I saw him. He had gotten me three pregnancy tests.

“Take them!” Kirstie got all excited.

“But I’m not…”

“Just take them!” she smiled even more.

I didn’t want to! I’m not… pregnant! No! But with Kirstie around, there was no way I was getting out of this. With a huff, I took the three boxes and went upstairs with Kirstie in toe. Leaving her in the bedroom, I went into the bathroom and took these stupid things. While I was waiting with her, she talked about how cute Jake and I’s baby would be… and how cute of an uncle Ryan would be. It passed the time though. But when I saw what the results were, I was not expecting that at all…

“Kirstie…” I called out to her once I saw the three identical results.

“What’s it say?!” she got exicted all over again as she came into the room with me.

I couldn’t speak. All I did was flash off the three sticks to her. Once she saw them, her eyes lit up and a squeal came out of her. While she was still letting them out, she wrapped me up in a tight hug.

“Baby Weimer!” she cheered.

Hearing it… kind of made me smile. I was happy, but… I wasn’t expecting it! I know one thing, Jake is going to be so happy when I tell him once he comes home later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??