I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

This Moment

“How are you doing?” Kylee asked as he walked over with Riley sleeping in her arms.

“Nervous,” I sighed as I looked in the mirror, seeing myself in my wedding dress. “But so excited.”

“I’m glad you’re going to be in our family officially,” Ky started. “My brother loves you so much.”

“I love him more than anything and I always will,” I smiled.

She just grinned before coming over to give me a hug. After this Kylee left because she said she was going to check on Ryan but she really was probably going to makeout with Jake. While she was gone I just kind of stood there and looked at myself. It was sort of surreal that I was actually getting married and was going to be someone’s wife but the more I think about spending the rest of my life with Ryan, the happier I get. I turned my head when I heard the door open though and I saw a familiar blonde head walking in.

“Kirstie,” His blue eyes were grinning. “You look so beautiful.”

“Thanks Jakey,” I smiled, hugging him tightly.

“Ryan is a nervous wreck over there,” Jake chuckled. “He’s pacing around and is sweating like crazy.”

“Aw, that’s so cute!” I beamed. “I want to see him now!”

“You only have to wait like 10 more minutes,” He said.

I nodded as I started chewing on my lower lip. Now the nerves started setting in but once I walked down the aisle I caught sight of Ryan and all my nervousness washed away. He was standing there looking so incredibly handsome in his suit and bow tie but as my eyes traveled, they locked with his blue eyes and both of us smiled so brightly and it seemed like he was the only one there.

The ceremony went beautifully but I cried during our vows. Ryan even had a tear or two trickle down his cheek. It was just so sweet and beautiful and I just felt so happy. Once we shared our first kiss as husband and wife, Ryan scooped me up in his strong arms and carried me, laughing, all the way down the aisle and out of the church.

“We’re married Kirstie!” Ryan chuckled with happiness evident in his voice.

“I know!” I squealed, planting a big kiss on his cheek before he put me down.

“Kirsten Dungey,” His lips softly said as his arms came around me.

“I love you so much,” I melted at his touch.

“I love you too,” Ryan beamed. “I didn’t get a chance to tell you how beautiful you looked though.”

“Well I didn’t get a chance to say how handsome you look,” I returned.

Ryan just snickered and gently pecked my lips before he shrugged his tux jacket off to reveal a pair of black suspenders that matched his black bow tie. I let out a little squeal and clapped my hands together.

“Got them just for you babe,” He chuckled as he hooked his thumbs in them.

“They look amazing, just like you,” I beamed, leaning up to tub our noses together.

“Stop being all lovey, we have a party to get to!” Jake said as he came over to pat Ryan’s back with his free hand since his other arm was holding Riley.

“Give them a minute Jake,” Kylee scolded him.

“No, we need to go celebrate!” Blake joined in as he and Jade walked over.

Ryan let out a little huff as he pulled me tighter and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, muttering, “I just want to celebrate with Kirstie.”

“You guys will have plenty of time to celebrate later when you’re on your honeymoon,” Jade snickered.

“And you better come back pregnant so you can name your child after me!” Blake pointed at me as they walked off.

Ryan and I shared a laugh before Kylee spoke up, “I’m so happy for you guys.”

“We’re happy too,” I beamed before taking Riley and bouncing her softly as she started cooing.

“Look, Riley is happy too,” Ryan smiled, leaning down to kiss his nieces forehead.

We stood there for a minute playing with Riley before Jake took her back and said, “Well I need to write my best man speech in the car so we better get going.”

“Some best man you are,” Ryan playfully mumbled.

“I’m teasing,” He rolled his eyes.

“Yeah right,” I giggled, giving him a light shove.

Jake just laughed before taking Ky’s hand as they headed off to the reception along with everyone else but Ryan and I lingered a moment. Ryan’s strong arms came around me and pulled me against his chest and the two of us just stood there for a long time, enjoying each others embrace.

“You know what I was thinking of earlier?” I asked.

“What?” Ryan replied.

I looked up at him and cupped his soft cheek with my hand as I said, “How happy I am that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. Everything in our lives will now be together and it just makes me to overjoyed to think of that.”

“I feel the same way sweetheart,” He cooed, planting a kiss on the top of my head.

Ryan and I stood there just hugging one another but after a while he loosened his grip so he could look into my eyes. His blue eyes were so intense and beautiful but I could tell he was thinking something.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I questioned softly.

“I just…” Ryan stuttered, letting out a soft sigh. “I know that I’m going to remember this moment for the rest of my life.”

A thin gloss came over my eyes before leaning up to kiss him. Ryan draped his arm around my shoulder as he led me to our reception. Right now I didn’t really care too much about the reception because all I wanted to do was to be with Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dungey Wedding

comments?