I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

She's Part Dungey

“Will you stop sending them pictures?” Jake chuckled as he walked in on me… sending another picture message to Ryan.

I was in Riley’s room where she’s been staying lately. She had just woken up from her nap. Her eyes were shining so bright… and she had a little Dungey shirt on with a big number five on the front. Jake… hasn’t seen it yet.

As he did glance over her crib, I sent the picture to Ryan. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him glaring at me playfully. I didn’t even have to look at him. But my smile came through as I lowered my phone.

“Really?” he questioned.

“What?” I grinned innocently.

“Can’t even support her own dad,” he grumbled.

“But she’s part Dungey…” I reminded him.

“But…” he pouted.

“Aw, honey,” I cooed and wrapped him up in my arms.

“I just want her in a Weimer jersey,” he whined and nuzzled his nose into the bend of my neck. It was in a teasing manner though.

“We’ll put her in one, baby,” I cooed yet again.

“I want pictures!” he picked his head up quickly, “And I want them sent to Ryan!” he added.

“Aw, yes. Of course,” I agreed and patted his smooth cheek gently.

He jerked away from my touch and then hurried out of the room. I didn’t think anything of it. I thought he was just being pouty and wanted me to follow him so that I could give him lovey kisses. However, he returned rather quickly… with a blue jersey in his hands. Without saying a word, he laid it over our baby with the back showing. His name along with a big number 12 was flashing off.

“That’s better,” he smiled down at his daughter.

As if replying to him, she let out a loud coo. The grin on Jake’s face grew so much. It was the cutest. And then he turned to me, flashing off that gorgeous smile.

“Take a picture!” he spoke.

While letting out a giggle, I took the shot. After he heard the sound, he insisted that I sent it to Kirstie and Ryan. So, I did as my husband said and sent it to my best friend and brother. Jake wanted to know what their response was, but it didn’t come for a while. He got impatient and scooped his daughter up… with his jersey wrapped around her.

“Say, I’m a Weimer,” Jake mumbled while leaving soft kiss on her lips.

“I’m sure if she could talk, she would agree,” I assured him.

“My baby girl,” he grumbled and pulled her in even closer.

While he kept leaving kisses all over her little baby face, she went into a fit of coos and giggles. She even let out a few loud screeches. The light that came over Jake’s face as he heard that was something so incredible to watch. He’s such a proud papa.

“Daddy loves you,” he whispered and kissed her forehead softly.

When he put her back against his chest, he looked over at me, catching me smiling at his interaction with his little girl.

“And daddy loves mommy,” he added.

He even took an arm away from Riley to pull me against him. My arms came around his hunky middle. With his eyes still on mine, I reached up and planted my lips against his soft, plump ones. Once we parted, our little girl let out another squeeze and kicked her legs around a bit from under Jake’s jersey. He kept that thing around her for most of the day. I’m sure it’s already in his head that he needs to get one that fits her… and then uncle Ryan will have to get another one and it’s just a battle of the Dungey and Weimer jerseys. Or… maybe Kirstie will inform us that she’s expecting soon so that Ryan can give his baby all the Dungey jerseys that it would ever need.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??