I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

If She Was a Rabbit...

With news of the Dungey baby developing, there’s this new excited buzz going around. I don’t know if I’m more excited or Jake is. I know for sure that Kirstie and Ryan are. Whenever I talk to either of them about it, their eyes just light up; especially Ryan’s. He’s never really spoken about having kids before. But I could just tell that he wanted to be a dad. He’s too good with Riley not to want a kid or two of his own. And I cannot wait for a little niece or nephew! The lord knows I probably won’t get one from Jade or Blake. What girl would want to reproduce with them?!

“Come on, baby girl,” Jake encouraged our daughter. “You can do it,” he kept at it.

“Jake, she’s too little,” I giggled while watching him roll around on the floor with Riley.

“She can roll over! She will crawl!” he bickered playfully with me.

“Jake…” I jut shook my head as my smile took over.

“Come on, sweetheart,” he went on and started crawling a few feet away from her.

She was already on her stomach, propping herself up on her little pudgy hands. While she looked back at her daddy, she cooed loudly, squealing even. It made Jake chuckle, but he still kept encouraging her.

“Come to daddy,” he beamed.

She was trying! After a few more seconds, she had figured out how to rock herself back and forth. She was so close! I couldn’t believe it!

After a while, she rolled back over onto her back though. She had one of her toys and was sucking on it. Jake groaned playfully and fell onto the floor in defeat. Aw, poor Jakey.

“You tried, hun,” I smiled at him while I went over to join him on the floor.

“She was right there!” he muttered.

“She’ll get it,” I kept smiling as I lay across his chest. His back was flat on the floor, allowing me to reach down to kiss at his lips quickly.

“If she was a rabbit, I could just put a carrot out and everything would have worked!” he grumbled.

“Oh my gosh, Jake,” I laughed and rested my head on his firm chest.

“I just want her to crawl,” he grumbled.

I went to reply with something, but I noticed Riley pushing herself back up onto her hands and knees. Jake was obviously watching me and saw that my focus wasn’t on him. He turned his head to see our little girl… starting to crawl over to us. Knowing he’d want to praise his little girl, I moved, allowing him to roll over, waiting for his baby to get close enough. The whole way, her eyes were fixed on her father’s. With each inch, that smile of his seemed to grow.

“That’s daddy’s girl!” he cooed after he had scooped her up tightly.

Once she was pressed against his chest, he planted kisses all over her face, sending her into a round of giggles. That didn’t last long though. She figured out that she was able to move without mommy or daddy picking her up and going. She wanted to crawl everywhere! Jake’s smile was still on his face while he watched our little girl crawl back over to her toys.

“She’s so cute,” he smiled, watching as her blonde curls bounced while she moved.

“Cause she’s our baby,” I beamed, going back over to him so I could be in his arms.

“The Dungey baby isn’t going to have nothing on ours,” he teased.

“No way,” I played along.

He ended it with a chuckle and pecked at my lips before telling me that he loved me. I went to curl up in his arms, but… we needed to go after Riley. She was on the move and was probably going to get into something she shouldn’t. Jake was right though. She’s so cute. She’s just the right combination of Jake and I; blue eyes and bouncy blonde curls. She’s growing so fast though! Jake and I either need to have another one… or spoil the Dungey baby when it comes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??