I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

We Have a Special Bond

Race day! There was an excitement around our hotel room before we left this morning. It was Jake’s first race of the outdoor season, but it was also Riley’s first race… ever. Everyone’s a little excited. We actually met up with the Dungey clan before we headed to the track. That’s when we parted ways. Blake and Jade thought it’d be cute to come bug Jake before his practice though. What good brother-in-laws?

“Why don’t you guys take Riley and go see Ryan?” I told them and handed her off to Blake.

“But Jakey needs us!” Jade whined.

“I think he needs you to leave,” I replied.

“Jeez, kicking us out…” Blake huffed as he started to walk off.

“GO!” I teased while giving them each a playful push.

They bickered, but still left. The KTM pit was only a few down. They didn’t have far to walk. Once they faded away in the distance, I turned back to Jake. He didn’t look very excited to hit the track now. Aw! My poor baby.

“They’re just teasing you, honey,” I assured him.

“I know,” he still huffed.

“Jake,” I cooed and wrapped my arms around him.

“Supercross didn’t go very well for me, so now it’s like… why would this be different?” he muttered.

“Aw, but, honey, you’re so ready for this. You’re going to do awesome,” I encouraged him, giving his tight middle a squeeze.

He tried to push a smile through. I don’t like him in these moods! He’s awesome. He just has some bad luck sometimes.

“Did you see who’s name was on the back of our daughter’s shirt today?” I asked him.

“Weimer…” he replied.

“You got to make that little girl proud to be wearing that shirt,” I went on, trying to hold in my smile.

This did something. I got a real smile out of him now. I couldn’t help but reach in and peck at his plump lips. When I pulled away, that smile was still there.

“You’ll do great, baby,” I told him and gave his cute butt a playful smack.

He just shook his head and stepped out of the hauler. While he was shoving his helmet on, I kept trying to feed him encouraging words. I’m his wifey. It’s what I have to do now. That smile was still there though. That’s all that mattered. Before he took off, he leaned down to give me another quick kiss… and another, but he said that one was to give to Riley. Isn’t he just the cutest?

Once he was gone, I started for the KTM setup. On the way, I saw Ryan making his way towards the track. Even though his helmet was on, I caught his smile. Before he passed me, he stuck his hand out. I did the same, smacking it as he rode on by. That’s my big bro!

“Thank God there’s your mother,” Jade spoke once he saw me.

“What’s wrong?” I was a bit concerned now.

“She wants down… all the time!” he groaned and handed her off to me… where she stayed still I my arms.

“She just doesn’t like Uncle Jade very well…” I teased as I bopped her gently and planted that kiss to her forehead like Jake had told me to.

“I told him to give her to me!” Blake spoke up.

“But… we have a special bond. We have the same name!” he bickered.

“Well, apparently she hates it,” Blake couldn’t hold back a chuckle.

While rolling my eyes playfully, Kirstie came up, most likely showing off the same expression as I was. Leaving the boys to argue, we took off to catch a bit of practice. I wanted both Jake and Ryan to do well! Just… maybe Jake a little better than Ryan. However, the only thing that really matters is that they’re both safe!... and they don’t bump into each other and hate on one another again!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??