I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Simmer Down Boys

Throughout the day, I wasn’t too sure how Jake was feeling. His practice times were kind of mid-pack. Once it was race time though, something seemed to spark in him. He managed to work his way up to the front… right behind my brother in first place. Jake wasn’t able to get past him though. When he came back in, he seemed in a much better mood.

When moto two came around, I didn’t have to give him that whole pep talk like the first one. That first moto had upped his confidence. It was finally in his head that he could possible win this race… He just had to beat Ryan really. I was hopeful though! My hubby has this!

The whole family got together to watch the last moto. From the sling against my chest, Riley watched all the bikes going by. I had caught on that she knows that Jake rides a green back. She would squeal whenever she saw one going by. It’s so cute. Kirstie tired to show her Uncle Ryan, but… she liked them green bikes zipping by.

As the moto started to come to an end, it looked like it was going to end like the first one. Jake seemed to dig a little deeper and muscled past Ryan with just a few more turns to go. He had the second moto win! However, the overall went to Ryan since they broke the tie based off of the first moto results. I was still so proud of Jake though!

“Yay, daddy!” I cheered as I bounced Riley once Jake stepped off the podium… with a bright smile.

In reply, Riley let out a loud squeal and reached out for her dirty father. His smile grew ever wider as he took her from me, giving her cheeks plenty of kisses. She giggled and put her little hands on his face, collecting some of the dirt that was left behind from when he wiped his face. When she pulled it away, she looked at her hand, scrunching her fingers up and then back out.

“Yuck!” she made a face.

“Your mother likes it,” Jake grumbled as he walked back over to his bike, taking it from his mechanic.

“Jacob,” I gave his arms a soft smack.

He just chuckled and threw a leg over his bike. After he started it, he moved back and patted the spot in front of him for me. While sending him a playful glare, I got on as well. But not before taking Riley from him. I wasn’t about to let him zip off and navigate with our little girl in his arm. Once he got going though, he took a hand off to wrap an arm around the two of us. As he weaved around the people, it would tight even more. Gosh, he’s so cute.

When we got back to his setup, I went into the hauler, letting him converse with his team. From the chatter, everyone seemed pleased. I was just so proud of him! Once he was through, he came back in and got changed. He didn’t want to stick around though. He wanted to head out. Before we could leave though, he wanted to stop and see Ryan. He actually spotted us first. He teased Jake about getting second, but they both laughed about it… before they did their little bro hug. It was adorable.

“Both of you guy did great,” my mom spoke up.

“Jake just did a little better…” Jade teased Ryan.

“I still won,” Ryan sent his brother a look.

“But Jake did better later on in the day…” I had to step in.

“Turned my own sister against me…” Ryan muttered to Jake.

“You turned my best friend against me!” Jake chuckled, referring to Kirstie.

“Simmer down boys,” dad spoke up with cackle in his voice.

“I’m getting him next time…” Jake grumbled teasingly.

“You just keep telling yourself that,” Kirstie cooed and patted his back.

“It’s been a good day though,” I had to step in.

“I guess,” Jake huffed and brought Riley u to leave a soft kiss on her forehead.

“You guys did awesome,” I hooked an arm around my husband. “Ryan just has to train a little harder to keep up with Jake in the second moto,” I went on to taunt.

“Shut up,” Ryan scolded me

I just giggled and sent him an innocent grin. I don’t think we could have asked for a better day. Maybe… Jake being first, but… my favorite boys finished one-two on the day… and they’re both walking away uninjured! It was a successful day. Lets just hope the next races go this well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??