I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Oversized Watermelon

With Kirstie’s due date basically around the corner, her and I have just been relaxing lately. I know she doesn’t want to do too much since she’s really, really pregnant. Jake had been working on a track in our backyard for the longest time. But since Ryan and him have been so close lately, they’ve managed to finish it! Today was their first ride day on it. To say that they were excited was a bit of an understatement.

“Tell daddy to be careful,” I spoke as I stood next to Jake’s bike as he was tugging his helmet on.

“Dada!” she babbled at him.

“Gosh, I love you!” he cooed and took her from me.

He lifted her up and made faces at her even from behind his helmet. She squealed so loudly. His smile could be seen as he gave her back to me.

“Is your cute little family moment over so we can ride?” Ryan grumbled.

“Just wait till you have your little family,” Jake told him.

“I can’t wait!” Ryan groaned and

“It’s the greatest thing ever, man,” Jake replied. Aw!

“And you haven’t had more yet?” Ryan teased.

“I’m working on it,” he replied. “Your sister’s stubborn sometimes,” he added, sending me a playful smirk as he started to put his goggles on.

“Oh, I know,” Ryan chuckled.

“Shut up,” I told him.

Before either of the boys could reply, Kirstie came out… from her twentith potty break since her and Ryan have been here. Jake’s already poked at her about it. As she walked past him, I just knew he was smirking. She just couldn’t see it since his helmet and goggles were covering it all.

“You boys be careful,” I spoke before they brought their bikes to life.

“Does Jake ever listen to you? I swear he’s always falling somewhere,” Kirstie teased.

“I do not!” he bickered with her.

“He’s been doing well this season,” I added.

“She’s just saying that to be nice…” Ryan snickered.

“You know what, Ryan? Shut up!” was my best response.

This got a laugh out of everyone. Thankfully, they took to the track after this. Kirstie and I stayed in the garage with Riley to watch the boys. Riley was fascinated by it all though. She was squealing for her dada. She’s so cute.

“Has she said momma yet?” Kirstie asked.

“No,” I pouted.

“Jake… kind of brags about it,” She giggled.

“I know!” I groaned. “I hope your baby says momma first,” I went on to grumble playfully.

“I just want him to come!” she huffed.

“He will. Be patient!” I laughed at her.

“Fricking… oversized watermelon,” she muttered teasingly.

“But it’ll be cute!” I told her.

“Because it will look like Ryan. Duh,” she smirked.

“… It’s going to be cute, but not because it’ll look like Ryan,” I countered.

“Yep. That’s it,” she smirked.

I let her go. She’s pregnant. I didn’t want to upset her… or tell her that Ryan was an ugly baby. No matter what their baby’s going to be adorable… all babies are. It’s felt like it’s taking him so long to come though! I think it’s just because all of us are excited to see him… and every time it’s brought up, Blake insists that he’s named after his uncle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??