I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

My Dungey Family

Kylee and I enjoyed sitting out on the deck with Riley, while watching our boys ride on the new track. Throughout the day, I felt some pain in my stomach but I’m getting so close to my due date, I figured it’s probably normal.

“How’s the track?” Kylee questioned as the boys rode up.

“Awesome,” Jake grinned tugging his helmet off as did Ryan.

Ryan looked so amazing and I couldn’t help but smile at him. He was slightly sweaty and his cheeks pink. Ryan tugged his jersey off and sat next to me. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips before he and Jake started telling us all about how the new track was. During this, more pain kept rippling through my stomach but I tried to just ignore it. At one point a sharp pain came and my hand rested on my stomach as a small gasp came out.

“Kirstie, what’s wrong baby?” Ryan looked at me, his blue eyes filling with concern.

“Nothing,” I tried to smile at him.

“Kirsten,” Jake sternly piped in as he always did when he knew I was lying.

“My stomach just…hurts a little bit,” I said.

Kylee looked at me and asked, “A sharp pain?”

“Mhmm,” I nodded as Ryan came closer and rubbed his hand on my stomach softly.

“Contractions,” She said.

At that one simple word, Ryan’s eyes grew wide. He immediately shot up and said we needed to get to the hospital. Luckily Kylee assured him it was fine but he still got changed quickly and all of us headed off to the hospital.

Within that same day, Ryan and I were laying in the hospital bed, cradling our brand new baby boy. Both of us had tears streaming down our faces from sheer happiness. I held our boy in my arms while Ryan had his strong muscular arms around both of us.

“He’s so perfect,” Ryan sighed, resting his chin on my shoulder. “I love him so much.”

“I do too,” I beamed. “He’s so adorable, he looks just like his daddy.”

As if to reply, our little blue eyed and blonde haired boy gave a little squeak before I cuddled him closer. He was just the most precious thing and I loved my little boy so much, I never want to let him out of my arms.

“What do we want to name him?” Ryan asked gently.

“I kind of… like Jackson,” I smiled.

“Is it because it sounds like Jake?” He chuckled.

“…Maybe,” I giggled.

“I like that too,” Ryan told me, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

“I think we both know what the middle name is going to be,” I snickered.

“Sweetheart, we don’t have to name him after Blake if you don’t want you, he’s just teasing,” He replied.

“I know, but I love your brother and I love that you have such a great relationship with all your siblings. I would be happy to name him after Blake,” I honestly replied.

“Jackson Blake Dungey,” Ryan said.

“It’s perfect,” I smiled.

Just then Jackson started fussing before cries broke out. Ryan took him and got up, gently rocked our baby softly in his strong arms. Ryan cooed to him softly, whispering how much he loved him as he pressed kisses to his little face. Jackson quickly quieted down in his daddy’s arms. After this, he came over and snuggled up with me. I rested my head on Ryan’s shoulder as I gazed down at our brand new baby boy and in that moment I just couldn’t feel happier to have my little Dungey family.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?