I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Babe!

A few more weeks have passed with anything changing. It’s depressing! I just want another baby! It’s gotten to the point where… Jake and I don’t talk too much about it anymore. I’ve just been trying to focus on Riley and getting Jake back into training for the Supercross season that’s a few months away.

“You know what we should do?” Jake started as he was looking at his phone.

“What?” I questioned while looking up at him. I was currently on the floor, playing Riley.

“Go on a vacation,” he suggested.

“Where?” I wasn’t too sure about it… at all.

“I don’t know. Up north somewhere? I know how much you love snow,” he teased.

I thought about it for a few seconds. It… did sound like fun. But… I still don’t know!

“Only if Ryan and Kirstie will come,” I told him.

“They just had a baby. They won’t want to come,” he muttered.

“Only way,” I stuck my nose in the air.

“Ok, fine. I’ll ask them… if you take a pregnancy test,” he smirked at me.

“I’ve taken like fifty this month,” I groaned.

“Fifty-one then,” he replied.

I glared at him teasingly. Of course this only made him pout. I cannot deny him when he’s all pouty like that. So, off I went into the bathroom to take another pregnancy test. It’s not like I even felt pregnant. This one was just to purely humor Jake. As I was waiting, I went into our room to find my husband and little girl on our bed. Jake was lying on it while he lifted our daughter into the air, making faces at her. His actions sent her into a fit of giggles.

“You and your mother are two most beautiful girls in this world,” he told her before lowering her down so that he could put a kiss to her forehead.

“Aw,” I couldn’t help but coo as I sat next to him.

“And pretty soon we’ll have another and I hope it’s a boy so we can teach him to ride since mommy doesn’t like the idea for you,” he went on.

“I never said that you couldn’t teach her,” I corrected him.

“But you don’t like the idea…” he snickered.

“Well, yeah, but… Hush!” I couldn’t think of a better reply.

Knowing he had won, he chuckled and scooted over closer to me. I managed to smile and left a soft kiss on his lips. I had gotten caught up with interacting with our daughter that I kind of forgot about the thing in the bathroom. Jake had to remind me. I didn’t think it was any different than the other tests that I had taken. He stayed behind while I went to look at the results that were more than likely negative.

When I got to the counter, I looked at it while picking it up. Once I saw what the little window had said, the plastic stick slipped right out of my hand.

“Oh my gosh,” I couldn’t hold in.

“What?!” Jake asked since he had obviously heard everything.

“Jake…” I spoke and just stood there, staring down at the floor where it laid.

“What’s it say?” he questioned with a new buzz of excitement in his voice as he appeared in the door with our daughter at his side.

“Jake…” I couldn’t form words still.

“Babe!” he was growing impatient.

Not wanting to wait for me, he came over and looked himself. Once he saw, he put Riley down on the counter and hurried to wrap me up in his arms. His hand came around, cradling the back of my head to press me against him even more.

“Ky, you’re…” he started to speak, but nothing else would come out afterwards.

“We’re going to… have another baby,” I couldn’t contain my smile.

“Baby!” Riley squealed.

“That’s right, baby girl. Mommy’s having a baby,” Jake just beamed as he slowly let go of me to scoop up our little girl.

She seemed so happy even if she didn’t fully understand what was going on. I knew that Jake was happy though… and I was too. I think I was more relieved than anything. Nothing’s wrong with me that I can’t get pregnant! Now, I just have to think of an exciting, creative way to tell my brother and best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??