I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

That's Why He's Your Favorite

Whale watching… turned into playful bickering among all of us. We spotted a few though. That was pretty exciting. I think the babies were more fascinated than the adults were. It was still adorable. And the fact that Jake planned this part made it even better. Once we were back to shore, we made our way to be with the dolphins. I was… kind of really excited.

“Can Ky even swim with dolphins since she’s, you know… pregnant?” Ryan questioned once we got there.

“It’s obvious that Ryan doesn’t want me to be here with you guys…” I muttered.

“That’s not what I meant!” he quickly countered.

“Hates me,” I kept going.

“I do not! I just want you and the baby to be ok,” he huffed.

“Aw,” Jake cooed looking between my brother and me.

“That’s why he’s your favorite. He looks out for you the most,” Kirstie cooed.

“The only favorite I have is Jake!” I shot at her.

“That’s why I married her,” Jake grinned and hooked his free arm that wasn’t holding Riley around me, pulling me into him to give me a squeeze.

“Sometimes I think he married her just to tick me off,” Ryan muttered.

“Yep!” Jake grinned innocently.

“He didn’t marry you because he loves you…” Kirstie taunted.

“I love her,” Jake quickly dropped the act.

“I secretly thing he loves Ryan more…” I poked now.

“I do not!” he shot at me.

“You guys hang out like all the time now. You work out together… You ride together! You even planned this vacation together,” I rattled them all off.

“We just get along. Be happy,” Ryan added.

I just looked at him. Just get along. You guys are borderline bromance level right now. How can they not see it?! It is… cute though. Jake kind of fits in with all of my brothers… in this weird way. But him and Ryan… I never thought they would ever get along and now look at them! They plan vacations and go on them together!

Everything got going before Ryan or Jake could convince me otherwise. Jackson seemed all squealy and excited from his daddy’s arms. Riley on the other hand appeared to be a bit nervous.

“It’ll be ok, honey,” I assured her before we were ready to step into the water.

“Scared,” she muttered and hid her face into my chest.

“Aw, sweetheart,” I cooed at her.

“Come here,” Jake spoke up and took his little girl from me. “Daddy’s not going to let anything happen to you, baby girl,” he assured her, kissing her forehead as he lowered himself into the water.

She gave off a little worried whimper and clung to him tightly. Once the dolphins came in, she wouldn’t even look at them! My poor baby girl. Jake didn’t push her though. He just assured her that he was here and wouldn’t let anything happen to her. The trainers brought one over to Jake. He put a smile on and reached out to run his hand over the smooth gray surface. This sparked Riley’s attention. She watched as Jake interacted with it. She didn’t have that fear in her eyes now. Somehow, Jake convinced her to touch it too. As she felt it, a small smile came over her face. Jake’s smile grew so wide before he gave her cheek a quick kiss.

After a few more moments, the dolphin slapped at the water, causing it to splash against Riley and Jake. This scared her a bit, but then the big creature took off, disappearing under the water before it came up again.

“Isn’t that cool?” Jake still tried at her.

She took in a few more breaths, collecting herself from her scare before she spoke.

“Yeah,” she beamed.

Jake chuckled and gave her another kiss. This is when I stepped in to go over to them. My arms came around Jake’s middle as I floated along with him and our daughter. With a quick glance, Jake smiled at me and planted a soft, tender kiss to my lips. Once we parted, Riley said she wanted another dolphin to come back.

As my smile grew even more, I look off over at the Dungeys to find them in about the same situation that we were in. Again, these two boys have amazed me. This vacation is turning out to be a lot better than I ever thought it would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??