I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Little Jakeies

Once we got home, things went back to normal. Jake started to step up his training program a bit more in preparation for the upcoming season. But Ryan’s been doing the same so this means I get to spend more time with my sister in law and her little baby boy… who’s not so little anymore. He’s so cute. He looks exactly like Ryan… poor kid.

Today, like the days before, Jake was out riding… with Ryan. I decided to go over to Kirstie and Ryan’s to see what her and Jackson were up to. I let Riley knock on the door. Once Kirstie answered it, my little girl smiled and hugged at her anutie’s legs.

“Well, hello,” Kirstie smiled down at her.

“Where’s Jackson?” she asked and walked past Kirstie.

She didn’t have to reply. She had already found her cousin. A giggle came out of her as I stepped inside.

“And hello to baby Weimer,” she snickered and patted at my stomach gently.

“I’m showing so much!” I complained.

“It’s cute,” she cooed as we went into the living room to find Riley playing with Jackson.

“That’s what Jake says,” I huffed and plopped down on the couch.

“You’re what? Three months along?” she asked. I just nodded my head. “Different pregnancy. You’re probably just carrying it differently.”

“Jake says… it’s twins,” I muttered.

“Oh my gosh,” her whole face lit up.

“Don’t you dare agree with him!” I pointed at her before she could get that far.

“What if it is?!” she smiled so brightly.

“I don’t want it to be!” I groaned.

“Why? It would be so cute! I always wanted twins!”

“Does… Ryan know that?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“We talked about having more babies, but… not until this little one comes… or little ones,” she snickered and poked at my stomach playfully.

“It’s only one!” I groaned.

“Have you been to the doctor yet?” she questioned.

“Yeah, but it was just to confirm that I was pregnant,” I sighed. “I go back in a few days.”

“Weimer babies,” she grinned.

“Hush!” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“They could be little Jakeies…” she kept going.

“That’s all I’ve been thinking about since he said that!” I confessed.

“You like that idea.”

“I do, but… two babies at once…” I sighed.

“You and Jake could do it,” she assured me.

“But we’re not having twins! I’m just fat!” I shook my head free of that thought.

“It’s the baby! Or… babies,” she giggled once more.

I just rolled my eyes. It can’t be babies. It took Jake and I too long to even get pregnant. How could it be more than one baby? It’s not! But just to assure everyone that it’s not, I go to the doctor’s soon… and verify that there is only one baby on the way!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??