I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

We Have to Wait for Kirstie and Ryan

Ever since Ryan had gotten Riley that bike, all she’s talked about was riding it. I’ve told her that she can’t until we get her a helmet. She then ran to her father, asking if she could wear his helmet. I mean… he wears a small one, but… no! I wouldn’t allow it. I’ve been able to put it off for some time now. When Jake brought Riley down this morning, she was dressed in… pink Answer gear.

“No!” I quickly put an end to it.

“What?” Jake asked innocently.

“No,” I repeated.

“Daddy said I can ride!” Riley beamed.

“Your daddy is crazy,” I told her.

“Aw, Ky, come on. She’s not going to have much time once the boys come,” he pouted.

He pouted at me! No! I can never keep stern with him once he pouts! He knew it too! After I sighed, a little smirk too over his lips. Butthead! After breakfast, all of us were in the backyard, encouraging Riley to ride. She found her balance rather quickly. It put a smile on my face. She’s a natural. Like I expected anything less. She’s got Dungey and Weimer in her. If that’s not a mixture for moto greatness, I don’t know what is.

While watching all of this go on from the sidelines, I started getting pains in my stomach. I’ve been feeling these for a few days, but… I think that… this was something. But Jake was all the way on the other side of the track! Even if I yelled as loudly as I could, he wouldn’t be able to hear me.

Thinking it through, I got my phone out and called Ryan. Right when he answered, a gasp came out of me once I felt another pain shoot through my abdomen.

“Ky, you ok?” Ryan’s concerned voice questioned.

“I uh…” I tried to control myself. I’m going to have three babies coming. I didn’t even know if we were ready for them, but… I guess I’m going to have to be.

“Ky!” Ryan got stern.

“I need you and Kirstie to come watch Riley,” I pushed out.

“Are you ok?” he repeated.

“I don’t know,” I sniffled.

“Where’s Jake?” he asked, sounding like he was on the move.

“He’s with Riley,” I answered.

“Why isn’t he with you?!” he got huffy.

“He’s riding with her,” I groaned, feeling that pain again.

“Ok, we’re coming. Hang in there,” he rushed to say before handing up.

When I put my phone down, I got up from my seat and waddled closer to the track to try and get Jake’s attention. He wasn’t riding. He was just making sure that Riley didn’t tip over. He happened to glance over at me and apparently noticed my facial expression. He made Riley shut her bike off and they came over rather quickly.

“You ok?” he asked full of concern just like Ryan was.

“I think…”

“It’s time?!” he wouldn’t even let me finish.

“I think so,” I exhaled loudly.

“Ok, ok… Um… Lets get you…”

“We have to wait for Kirstie and Ryan,” I cut him before he got any bright ideas.

“I know, but lets get you into the truck first,” he kept going and started leading me over to his vehicle.

“Daddy, what’s wrong with mommy?” Riley asked.

“Your bothers are coming, baby girl,” Jake kept a calm tone.

She seemed to get super excited about it all. It was sweet. But I really needed to get going. This was starting to hurt really badly. By the time Jake had helped me up into the passenger seat, Ryan and Kirstie came rushing into the drive. Leaving Kirstie behind, Ryan came running over. Jake got out of the way so that Ryan could step up towards me.

“You doing ok?” he asked softly.

“Yeah,” I nodded my head.

“Do you want me to come with you?” he went on to ask… Really, Ry?

“No, I’ll be ok. I have Jake,” I assured him.

“If you need anything, we’ll be there in no time,” he countered.

Before I could reply, he reached in to kiss the top of my head. Aw, Ryan! He’s always been such a good brother. Once he stepped down, he scooped Riley up in his arms. While Jake and I pulled away, Kirstie went over to him with Jackson at her side. They both waved at us like the dorks they are. Hopefully, the next time we see them, we’ll have a few new babies to introduce them to.

When we got to the hospital, I was whisked into a room. What came next were a few long, intense hours. I never thought it would end. But once it was all over, we had the cutest three babies. All of them looked… just like Jake. They had a head full of light, blond hair. But when the light hit it, a slight red could be seen. Three pairs of big blue eyes would shine back at me… that were outlined with long, thick eyelashes.

“How are we going to name them?” Jake asked, but his smile refused to leave as he looked down at one of them. The other two were tucked in my arms.

“We have to name one after Blake!” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Then what about Logan Blake?” he suggested and gave our newly named Logan a bounce.

“That’s cute,” I smiled.

“And these two?” he countered and sat across from me on the bed so that he could look at the other babies.

“I like Leland,” I told him.

“Well, he was born first so he’s technically the oldest,” he started referring to the baby that was in my right arm. His hair was thinner than the other two as well. “He should be Leland Jade,” he went on to snicker.

“That’s cute,” I beamed and reached over to give the top of his head a soft kiss.

“And we better name you after Uncle Ryan or he’ll feel left out,” Jake cooed at the nameless one now.

“Lucas Ryan,” I grinned.

“It’s perfect,” Jake smiled up at me. “They all are.”

After we had named them all, Jake got up and took Leland so that he could sit next to me. My arm came around his back, holding him while he held two of our babies and I had the other. Once we had spent some time together, I told him that he better call Ryan and Kirstie to inform them of this news… if Ryan hadn’t drove Kirstie up the wall by now that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??