I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Gym? Riding? I Don't Know

Even with the news of their baby on the way, Kirstie and Ryan have come to our house to visit. It gives Riley someone to play with too. I’m sure she gets tired of all the baby talk that’s been going on between all the adults. I’m so happy for Ryan and Kirstie though. They’re such great parents. And I saw the little gleam in their eyes when they first saw the boys. You could tell that they wanted more babies… maybe not three at a time, but…

As Jake and I discussed before, he’s… training again. I was… scared to do this all on my own. I feel like it’s hard enough taking care of theww newborns and then a three year old with him around. But now… I’m going to have to do everything alone… until he comes home later in the afternoon.

I’ve done it for two days now though. It’s not… fun. But it’s what we have to do. If one of them is sleeping then the other one is squealing from playing and then the other is crying. They all usually always need something… at the same time! Riley tries to help though. Bless her little heart. Her abilities are limited though. And then, by the time Jake comes home, I have to make dinner and then tidy up the house. Once Jake has had his time with all the babies, he wants to be lovey with me… but I’m so tired! I can’t! I just want to curl up in bed and sleep… and then do it all again in the morning.

This morning though, all three of those boys woke up cranky. They were just crying and crying and I didn’t know what to do. I’ve tried everything! All three of them had clean diapers. They didn’t want bottles. The swings and bouncers didn’t work. Nothing was! At this point, all I wanted to do was cry. I could really… use Jake right now.

Just when I thought I was going to breakdown, I heard the back door open. Thank God, Jake’s here! With Leland in my arms, I left Lucas and Logan in their bouncers and went to greet Jake… only to be met with… my brother. Seeing him, I let out a heavy sigh and ran my free hand through my hair.

Without saying anything, he hurried into the room and managed to scoop up both Lucas and Logan in his arms. He bounced them gently and cooed soothing words to him… like I had been doing all frickin morning! They wouldn’t quiet down for me, but of course they would for their uncle. I didn’t get it… and I didn’t want to. I was just happy that something got them to calm down.

“You ok?” he asked softly as he gently put both babies in their playpen… to sleep.

“Yeah,” I sighed once more and bounced Leland since he was starting to fuss again.

“Where’s Jake?” he asked and took that baby from me to.

“At the gym? Riding? I don’t know,” I shook my head.

“Right, he went back to training,” he muttered.

When it was first brought up, he didn’t seem too pleased. I wasn’t either, but… I guess Jake feels the need to get back to his routine after two weeks.

“How’s Kirstie?” I changed subjects as both of us moved to the couch. Leland was starting to nestle into his Uncle’s arms

“She’s good,” he smiled.

“You guys excited?” I couldn’t help but smile as well.

“Oh yeah,” he beamed.

“I’m happy for you guys,” I told him.

“Thanks, Ky,” he looked at me and smiled.

He stayed until Jake came home though. I… wouldn’t tell him this, but I’m glad he did. If the any of the boys got fussy, all Ryan had to do was shush at them and… it seemed to work. Ryan didn’t speak to Jake on his way out though. Tension… Awesome. I hope Kirstie can work it out of him though. Things with Jake and I are just a little… tough. We’re learning how to cope with three babies. Things will become normal soon and everything with be fine… or so I hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??