I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

He's A Butthead

Ever since we found out I was pregnant, there has been an excited buzz around the Dungey house. Jackson so wants a brother and he keeps talking about it and saying all the things he wants to teach his brother. It is just so cute and this afternoon was no different.

“He could share my room!” Jackson piped up as he was playing with his dirt bike toys on the floor and I sat and played with him.

“The baby will have it’s own room Jax, but it’ll be right across the hall,” I told him. “And remember buddy, we might not have a boy, you might have a sister.”

“I still want a brother,” He huffed in the same way Ryan does, making me laugh. Jackson focused his attention back on his dirt bike toys and raced them around before asking, “When can I ride?”

“Well when your daddy gets home from Aunt Ky’s you can ask him, but I’m sure he’ll love to teach you when he has time,” I smiled, stroking his soft blonde locks and kissing his cheek.

Jackson accepted this answer and went back to playing with his toys. After a while, we heard the front door open which made Jackson perk up. As soon as his blue eyes landed on his daddy he squealed and ran to him.

I looked up at Ryan and from that one moment I knew something was wrong. He looked upset and his body language was tense. The second our little boy hugged up to his legs, squealing for his daddy, Ryan couldn’t hold back a smile.

“I missed you,” Jackson pouted once Ryan scooped him up.

“I missed you too bud,” He mumbled back, kissing his forehead.

Jackson started babbling about riding and asking his daddy when he could Ryan. Normally Ryan would be just as excited as his son but he wasn’t today. He just told him he’d teach him soon before giving him another kiss and putting him down. After our little boy got back to playing I went over and wrapped my arms around Ryan. He let out a sigh while resting his head on my shoulder and pulled me close. I took his hand and told Jackson we’d be upstairs for a minute before leading Ryan up to our bedroom.

“What’s wrong babe?” I asked, sitting down on the bed.

“Jake,” He muttered, flopping down face first on the bed.

“What about him?” I prodded.

“He’s a butthead,” Ryan’s voice came muffled from being pressed against the sheets.

“Ry,” I cooed. “Talk to me.”

He pushed himself up and I spred my legs, patting the space inbetween. Ryan crawled into it and had his back facing me, allowing my hands to rub on his smooth back that felt tense. I pressed a few kisses to his neck to encourage him to tell me.

“I am just so upset with Jake!” He huffed. “When I went over there I could tell Kylee was so overwhelmed. I mean, one of the babies always needs something and then she has to give attention to Riley too. She was so exhausted, I could see it in her face. I just can’t believe Jake can leave her every morning with all the kids.”

“I know honey,” I cooed, wrapping my arms around his hunky middle and resting my chin on his shoulder. “I think it’s just really hard for them to get adjusted. Having a baby is a big deal, let alone three of them.”

“I just wish there was something I could do,” Ryan pouted as he leaned back into me farther.

“There is,” I said. “Maybe we could start going over there more often and helping out, or we could take the kids for Ky, or take a few of them to give her a break. We could make them dinner and take it to them too, that way Ky wouldn’t have to make anything. There’s a lot we can do Ry, and I don’t want you to get all mad at Jake for this, they just need time to adjust.”

Ryan nodded and leaned his head back onto my shoulder. He pressed a few kisses to wherever he could reach but changed the subject after a moment.

“I hope you start showing soon,” He told me.

“I don’t,” I laughed. “But I’m sure I will soon.”

“You’re such a cute pregnant wifey though,” Ryan cooed.

He started pressing little kisses all over my face, making me giggle. Ryan is always protective of his little sister but I could tell he was really worried about her. I don’t really understand why Jake would start his training but I decided to stay out of it… for now. I’m just going to do whatever I can to help out Ky and I know Ryan wants to do the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?