I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Jake Is Too Busy

“Mommy!” I heard Jackson yelling.

I put down the dishes I was washing and dried off my hands. My feet carried me out to the backyard where I almost died from cuteness. I found Ryan standing in his Fox gear while Jackson stood by him in identical gear. They already looked enough alike let alone in the same gear. It was just so cute and I couldn’t help but take a few pictures before walking over.

“Mommy, I can ride by myself now!” Jackson bounced up and down. “Wanna see?”

“Of course,” I beamed, kissing his forehead before I helped him put his helmet on while Ryan adjusted his little gloves.

The past few days Ryan has been teaching Jackson how to ride and it has just been so cute. Ryan is such a great teacher and it’s adorable to hear my boys talking about riding. Jackson hasn’t been on his own yet as Ryan has always held onto the back or the handle bars or something but obviously he can do it on his own now.

As he started puttering around, Ryan ran along side of him to make sure he was okay and cheered him on. After he rode around for a little bit I ran over and pulled him into my arms, kissing his little face and telling him how good he did. Jackson quickly got back on the bike and started riding around again while Ryan and I watched.

“Babe I called Ky and invited her over,” Ryan informed me. “I hope that’s okay.”

“Of course,” I smiled.

“I thought maybe Riley wanted to ride since Jake is too busy to take her,” He mumbled, pulling off his jersey to cool off.

I could tell Ryan was annoyed with Jake but I decided not to press it right now. Ryan sat on the edge of the deck and pulled me onto his lap as we watched Jackson ride. After a while we heard some baby babble and Riley’s little voice. Poor Ky had Riley hanging on her leg and a baby in each arm.

“Where’s Leland?” I asked.

“In the car,” She sighed, obviously a bit overwhealmed.

“I’ll go get him,” Ryan smiled as he took Lucas out of her arms and cooed at him. “Let’s go get your brother.”

I kneeled down and gave Riley a big hug, pressing a kiss to her forehead before asking, “Are you ready to ride with Uncle Ryan and Jackson?”

“Yeah!” She buzzed.

Soon Ryan came back with the babies and I took them from him. He scooped up Riley and brought out a bike for her. Riley and Jax rode around in the yard while Ryan stood there and encouraged them and made sure they were okay. In the meantime Kylee and I plopped down in some chairs we had on the deck. I held Lucas and Logan in my arms while Ky had Leland who was sleeping.

“How are you doing?” Ky brought up.

“Pretty good. I’ve just had the normal pregnancy stuff, you know being tired and achy and stuff but I’m fine,” I shrugged.

“You’re starting to show,” She smiled, reaching over to rub my bump.

“I know,” I pouted. “How are you though?”

“Okay. I kind of wish Jake was home to help more but I guess he needs to train and stuff and he’s not going to be home until late tonight,” She sighed.

“Well you can have dinner with us,” I smiled. “We could even have a pajama movie night!”

“Hey Ryan is my brother and I know he sleeps in his boxers so I don’t want to see those pajamas,” Ky teased.

The two of us just laughed before looking out at the kids. It was so cute to see Ryan interacting with them… it would just be better if Jake was out with them too.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?