I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Beat Him Up!

Ryan sat on our bed, holding his little sister in his arms. I rubbed her back softly while she cried. My heart broke for her knowing how upset she was. It hurt too because Jake and Kylee are my two best friends and seeing them hurting just makes me so sad and I know it hurts Ryan too. As we were trying to comfort her, my phone rang and at this time of the night, I knew exactly who it was.

“Is Kylee there?” Was Jake’s first words.

I walked out of the room as not to upset Kylee any more and replied, “Yeah, she’s here.”

“Okay good. At least she’s safe,” He replied.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked him, feeling worked up. “Why did you react like that?”

“I have to support my family Kirst!” Jake huffed.

“You need to support them by being there!” I yelled.

“We can’t have it both ways!” He shouted back.

“Yes you can! Ryan is training and he is here for me and Jackson as well as your wife and family!” I started getting more upset.

Jake let out an angry huff and I could feel the emotions inside of me. I knew I shouldn’t be getting this worked up with the baby but…I couldn’t help it!

“You and your perfect Ryan. He just can’t ever do anything wrong can he?” Jake snapped at me.

“Well right now he sure is being a better husband, father and brother than you are and you need to rethink your priorities,” I threw right back.

Once I had clicked the end button, I felt terrible. I hate yelling at Jake, I mean he’s been my friend for my entire life but right now I am not happy with him. When I had calmed myself down a little I walked back into the bedroom to find Kylee asleep while Ryan still held her.

“She cried so hard she fell asleep,” Ryan said with sadness in his beautiful blue eyes.

“She needs a good night sleep though,” I replied.

He nodded before picking her up and carrying her into the guest room. Ryan tucked her in with some warm blankets and I got some pillows before we went back to our bedroom. Ryan was completely fuming and anger was written all over his face. He had held it in for his sister but it was all coming out now. He doesn’t get angry very often but when he does, it’s best to watch out! I knew he needed me though and I cuddled up with him, rubbing my hand on his back which always helped to calm him down.

“I could go beat up Jake right now,” He muttered.

“I can’t believe he wouldn’t see that he needs to be home,” I tried to blink back tears, wanting to be strong for ryan, but feeling so upset for my sister-in-law.

Ryan looked at me and sent me a pout. He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to my lips, making me calm down but the tears still came. The two of us laid in bed and he pulled me up against his chest, making me feel so comforted.

“I just want everyone to be happy,” I cried.

“I know honey, I do too,” Ryan nodded. “You told me before we just have to do whatever we can to support them and you’re right.”

I nodded before nuzzling my face into his neck and soaking up his comfort. Ryan’s big warm hands ran over my back before slowly rubbing over my baby bump, making a smile curl across my lips. When I looked up at him I could see the sadness that was in his eyes, reminding me that he needed comfort too.

“Everything will be okay,” I tried to assure us both. “And hopefully Jake will come to his senses soon.”

“And if not, Ky and the kids can stay with us,” Ryan stated.

I nodded and added. “And tomorrow in the morning I can make a big breakfast and we can talk everything over.”

Ryan nodded before holding me closer. Soon the two of us started drifting off to sleep and I couldn’t help but feel so sad, knowing that Kylee was in the other room alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kirstie

comments?