I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

But My Babies

“Auntie Ky!” was the first thing I heard in the morning.

I rolled over in the foreign bed to come face to face with my little nephew. Once my eyes focused, I caught his smile. It brought one over my face as well. When I sat up, I reached out and pulled him onto my lap. This only made me… miss my babies. I haven’t really ever been away from them this long. But... Jake… He probably found someone to watch them so that he could go workout this morning anyway.

“Mommy’s making breakfast,” he informed me.

“Is she? We should go help,” I put another smile on as I climbed from bed.

I carried him the rest of the way down the stairs. Navigating through the house, I made my way into the kitchen to find Kirstie at the stove and Ryan sitting on the counter next to it.

“I didn’t say to wake her up! I said check on her,” Ryan snickered playfully once he saw us.

“She wanted to help!” Jackson replied as Ryan held his arms out for his little boy.

“How you feeling?” he went on to ask softly once he had Jackson at his side.

“I’m ok,” I shrugged. I didn’t really want to talk about it right now.

“You can talk about it, Ky. It’s ok,” he kept going and hopped off of the countertop.

“Really, I’m fine,” I assured him once more, but couldn’t help wrapping my arms around myself.

Without replying, he took Jackson and wandered down the hall. I glanced over at Kirstie to find her looking back at me. She just shrugged and went back to cooking. Before I could go over to help her, Ryan reappeared… with a hoodie in his hands. He knows I always want a hoodie when I’m going through something. It’s just… a protection thing that I could never really explain. With a small smile, he handed the extra fuzzy Fox hoodie over to me.

“Thanks,” I flashed a smile as I put my arms through it.

“Have you talked to him?” he asked gently once we both sat at the table.

“No,” I sighed and put my hands in the pockets of the sweatshirt.

“I kind of… went off on him last night…” Kirstie spoke up.

“Good. Maybe someone can get through to him,” I muttered.

“Or kick him around a bit…” Ryan mumbled.

“I just don’t know what to do about it,” I huffed.

“Well, you can stay here as long as you want,” Ryan reminded me.

“But my babies,” I pouted.

“They can come too!” he chuckled.

“You guys are getting ready to have another baby. You don’t need me and four other ones running around,” I told him.

“The more the merrier,” Kirstie giggled and put plates in front of Ryan and I.

It was sweet of them, but… I can’t stay here like they’re suggesting. They have their little family and… I have mine that is a bit… broken at the moment. I just hope in time it will be fixed and the adorable Weimer family will be together once again… I really hope that happens
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??