I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Her Full Name

“I’m so happy to be home,” I smiled once Ryan pulled into the driveway. “I was sick of that hospital, and I want to be with Jackson!”

“And now Sammy can see her home,” Ryan stole a glance in the mirror to chek on our daughter.

I beamed from my husbands sentiment before leaning over to kiss his cheek. Once he parked, Ryan returned my actions by kissing me gently, telling me he loved me. I said the same before getting out and following Ryan. He got Samantha out and cradled her in one of his arms while the other draped around me.

When we stepped inside the first thing we heard was the patter of little feet before Jackson squealed, “Daddy! Mommy!”

“Hi sweetie,” I cooed, dropping to my knees to hug him tightly. “We missed you so much.”

“I missed you,” He pouted, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck just like his daddy does.

“Want to see your sister?” Ryan asked, kneeling down.

Jackson’s face lit up as he looked at her. He touched her hand and Sammy’s little fingers wrapped around one of his while her blue eyes looked up at him. Jackson leaned in and kissed her forehead, making me coo from the sweet moment.

“Where are Aunt Ky and Uncle Jake?” I asked once we had our little family moment.

“In here,” He told us, running into the living room.

I saw Jake and Ky sitting on the couch with the babies spread around but I didn’t expect to see something else. Jackson ran right over and climbed into his Grandpa Troy’s lap. I smiled so bright seeing Michele and Troy there and I couldn’t help but let out a little squeal before I hugged them tightly. I’ve grown so close to the Dungeys, especially with as tight knit of a family they are and having them here was so amazing.

“What are you guys doing here?” I gasped once I finished hugging them.

“We’re here to see our niece!” Another voice came.

I turned around to see Jade throwing an arm around Ryan’s neck while Blake ruffled up his brothers hair, making Ryan laugh as his eyes crinkled up with a smile.

“Aw she’s adorable,” Blake looked at our daughter tucked in Ryan’s arms.

“She is,” Jade grinned.

Troy held Jackson in his arms while he and Michele gathered around their middle son to see Sammy. Blake and Jade came over to me now so we could share a big hug.

“Surprise!” Blake chuckled.

“This is such a great surprise,” I beamed.

“It is, we’re so happy you’re here,” Ryan said to his family.

“Well it was Jake’s idea. He set it all up,” Michele smiled at him.

I turned to see Jake and Ky sitting on the couch. He gave an innocent shrug before I threw my arms around him and then Kylee, telling them how happy I was. As I was saying this, tears started coming out of my eyes.

“Oh great,” Jake rolled his eyes.

“Hey, be nice,” Ryan cooed. “Her hormones are still settling down.”

“Yeah Jake, be nice to her,” Blake added, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

“Don’t make us beat you up,” Jade teased.

I looked at Jake and grinned, “I forgot how much I love having the Dungey boys around.”

“I plan this whole surprise and this is the thanks I get,” Jake playfully huffed.

I leaned over to Ky and whispered, “I think Jake will get his and Ryan’s bromance rekindled from this.”

“I think so too,” She giggled. “But now I want to see my little Sammy!”

Ryan came over and placed our daughter in Ky’s arms. He then scooped me up and sat down in one of our big comfy chairs, setting me on his lap. The Dungey parents sat by Kylee so they could look at Sammy while Jake was on the other side with Riley next to him while Lucas and Logan were tucked in his lap. Jade sat on the armrest with Leland while Blake leaned over the back of the couch with Jackson hanging on his back. It was a sweet moment but eventually Jake spoke up.

“I told them all what her full name is,” He said.

“Samantha Kylee,” Jade sang.

Ky looked over at us and I added, “That was your brothers idea.”

Ryan’s cheeks tinted pink and he avoided Ky’s gaze for a minute before his blue eyes flickered up to hers and they shared a smile. It was really sweet and made me snuggle into Ryan more. I’m so excited to have the family here and share in the joy of our new baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?