I Can't Believe How Bad You Got Me

Be Nice!

It’s been some time since little Sammy was born. She’s so adorable. And I’m so happy that I now have a little niece to spoil along with a nephew. What I’m not so happy about is that Ryan’s still a little awkward around Jake. Jake’s been trying so hard too! I’m proud of him. He’s invited Ryan to ride with him, workout, take the babies out for a bit… and my brother has declined. What is wrong with him?!

I’ve talked to Kirstie about it so many times. She’s assured me that she’s been on Ryan to make nice. Her, nor I, get it. It’s been so long ago. Jake and I are obviously fine. We’ve gotten a great routine now so that he can train and I get rest and of course all four of our beautiful babies are taken care of. What is Ryan’s problem?!

Today, I was going to meet up with Kirstie. Jake was going to do some working out and he said he might ride later. I was fine with it. I was going to take the babies over to Kirstie and Ryan’s. Ryan was probably busy anyway with his own training. Just as I was getting ready to load the kids up in the truck, there was a knock on the back door. I opened it, revealing… my brother. Um…

“Hey…” was the first thing out of my mouth. He hasn’t been here since the blow out I had with Jake.

“Where’s your man?” he questioned while stepping inside.

“Why?” I countered as the boys came running up to their uncle.

“Jake!” he called out, picking up Lucas and Logan while Leland followed behind him.

“Daddy!” all three of the boys called out for him as well. It was adorable… even though I had no idea what Ryan wanted with Jake! What’s he going to do? Beat him up like he’s always threatened to do?

“What?” Jake called out from the top of the stairs.

I didn’t know what to say. Before I could think of anything, he came down and saw Ryan. He seemed just as stunned as I was. His eyes left Ryan and flicked to mine, showing off uncertainty.

“Want to go on a bike ride?” my brother asked my husband… with a smile growing over his face.

“Yeah… sure,” Jake replied, still seeming unsure of it all.

“Go get changed!” Ryan chuckled.

“I’m going!” Jake countered, trying to hold back his own smile as he went back up the stairs to get his biker gear on.

Once he was gone, Ryan turned back to me. His smile was still there as he bent down, letting go of the two boys. Before they could get away, he gave them each a kiss, including Leland.

“Where’s my favorite niece?” he asked, peaking into the living room to find Riley.

“I’m right here, Uncle Ryan,” she giggled as he went in and scooped her up. He still managed to lift her up into the air before kissing her cheek.

When he put her back down, he came into the kitchen with me. That smile still took over his face. I didn’t… like this. He’s just being nice all of a sudden. Why?! This isn’t normal! He hasn’t been very nice lately… Why the sudden change?

“Why are you looking at me that way?” he chuckled.

“Why are you here?” I finally asked.

“To ask Jake if he wanted to go on a bike ride with me…” he chuckled once more.

“… Why?” I looked at him oddly.

“Because… it seemed like fun,” he shrugged.

“You haven’t hung out with Jake for like two months!” I snapped at him.

“Well, that’s two months too long,” he snickered.

“You better be nice to him,” I pointed my finger at him, hoping to get my point across more.

“I love him, Ky!” he said with a little bit of an overdramatic tone.

“Well, so do I, so be nice!” I tried to match his tone, but it only came out as a giggle.

“I think both of you should stop yelling at each other,” Jake chuckled as he came into the room with his clingy biking gear on. The zipper on the top was down a little more than normal, exposing some of his tone chest. Oh, Jakey boy… You better leave before you get too close.

“Don’t let him take you down any dark allies,” I teased as Ryan started to take his hoodie and sweatpants off, showing that he was dressed in similar clothing as Jake.

“I promise not to,” Ryan assured me. “And Kirstie said she’d stop by later,” he added.

“Well, you boys have fun,” I said and stood in the door as Jake walked into the garage with Ryan following.

“We will,” Ryan grinned as he got his bike from his truck.

I just shook my head. This was the last thing I was expecting from today. My brother showed up at my door… and wanted to go on a ride with my husband. It… really makes me happy now. Jake was caught off guard, but his eyes showed that he was happy as well. I hope this rekindles Jake and Ryan’s friendship… I miss it when they got along like brothers. But with this, I think they can get back to where they were before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??